By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 62 richest people has as much money as poorest 3.5 billion humans

Aeolus451 said:
Lawlight said:

You are so naive.

Well then please enlighten me, wise one.

Edit*

I take it that you lived (or grew up) in india or that you're a woman from india or that you know an indian woman? Women in india are not locked in cages or chained. They can save up money or steal it and leave if they really wanted to. I'm not saying it's easy but it's no where near impossible.

I don't need to live in India to know about life. The little money that some people make go towards surviving. And stealing? What kind of cartoon world do you live in?

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
NYCrysis said:

Sorry, you should learn Indian history. India didn't have slavery, nor it's inhabitants ever wage a war on any other nation. Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism all gave birth in India while buddhism spread throught asia by trade and peaceful contact. And since their inception, those religions have accepted eachother and others, until Islamic Conquests (1200-1700) and British Colonialism (1700-1800) sent India (and China) in a way back a 1000 years. All the while generation of Indians, and Africans were being supressed and forced to basically make colonists rich, yes in fact it still is true, why is it that europe and and america own more wealth than all other races, when for the majority of humanity asia was the superpower? Before Europe and Islamic people started interfereing with their affairs with swords and guns ablazen. This article's maps proves my point: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markeaston/2008/09/map_of_the_week_global_wealth.html

That is not actually factual. Although not to the extent of other countries, there was slavery in pre-islamic India. Here is an article that details the history of slavery in India. http://www.importantindia.com/1089/slavery-in-ancient-india/ This was prior to Islamic or colonial invasions. 
Also around 500 A.D is when they started bringing in African slaves who were the lowest in the caste system.

There are also accounts of pre colonial and islamic wars in Ancient India as well. The Kalinga war as an example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalinga_War. Which was fought for "economical" and "political" reasons which basically spells out a land grab.

Europe  owns the majority of the wealth due to the simple fact that they were more technologically and militarily advanced from the Renaissance on (which once America was established, followed the same suite). It has nothing to do with Religion.  It has everything to do with power and if these Asian countries had the same capibilities, they would have done the same thing. 

Read your own article:

"The main feature of Indian slavery system was that Indian economy did not depend on slave labour. The workers and the cultivators were normally free men. These free workers were not slaves. India had no slave markets like that of Ancient Rome. India did not face slave revolts like that of Ancient Rome. Nor did India have Spartan type of slavery where the Spartan masters were at daggers drawn against their slaves. Indian slaves were mostly domestic slaves."

And the KALINGA WAR, are you goinf to really use that against me? Because that war with casualties far far less than most european wars, resulted in the unification of india and Buddhism being the state religion where arts, sciences, and peace thrived. LEARN HISTORY IGNORANT WESTERNER.

AMEN Europeans were brutal, their "technologically advanced AFTER THE BRITISH STARTED TO LOOT INDIA" guess who funded the Industrial revolution, the loot of the british east india company. You know nothng of indian history and your ignorance in "Indian slavery" which was really no different from lets say foxconn workers. Bad but not like the slavery that europeans created. AGAIN EURO ADVANCES WERE FROM THE SUPRESSION OF ASIA AND AFRICA AND ASIA AND AFRICA ARE in their current "poor" state beause colonialism, supressed these people's original culture and their education systems converted to basically slave for europeans. So yes the wealthy nations are still benifiting from colonialism and the divide and rule seperation they created before leaving those lands. 

The article also stated that "The ancient Indian economy was mainly dependent upon Agriculture. There was demand for large labour force. Some scholars have suggested that slaves were widely employed in agricultural product and slave labour became a factor of production."
"
 A slave’s property ultimately belonged to the master. A master could not abandon his slave in old age. According to law books, if a master wanted to inflict physical punishment on his slave for dereliction of duty, he could beat him only on the back and not on the head"

I stated in my rebuttle that the slavery was not to the extent and inhumanity (I'm also pretty sure Foxxconn employees aren't beaten, so that was a poor comparison) of other countries but that is not what was being debated. You claimed that there wasn't slavery in India, pre-Islam/Colonialism. Clearly you were wrong as the article states. 

Ignorant Westener is not a proper rebuttle. Using ad hominem because you do not have an intelligent response only belittles your argument. A comparison would be if I labelled you a whining self righteous brown person who blames white people for all the wrongs in the world. Using that would not be conducive to the argument.

Your statement was once again is false. You claimed pre islam/colonial India did not wage war. Regardless, there was quite a few wars and land grabbing as well as atrocities commited prior to the Muslim conquests of the 12th centruy. You may want to take a history class about your own culture prior to making these false comments. However, it seems you are going to a biased source which is why it is always best to try and find a scholar who does not have bias. A simply google search will help educate you.

This is not a debate on which country commited which atrocities or who had the worst form of slaverly. Nor is it relevant as to who was worse than the other. You claimed that pre Islamic India was this sort of peaceful country that did not have slaves. That statement was not accurate. All the ruling kingdoms did not just peacefully say let's be friends. There was constant fighting between regional kingdoms who at the time practiced (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism). There was slavery
 I provided examples that refutted your argument. It really is that cut and dry. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
NYCrysis said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

That is not actually factual. Although not to the extent of other countries, there was slavery in pre-islamic India. Here is an article that details the history of slavery in India. http://www.importantindia.com/1089/slavery-in-ancient-india/ This was prior to Islamic or colonial invasions. 
Also around 500 A.D is when they started bringing in African slaves who were the lowest in the caste system.

There are also accounts of pre colonial and islamic wars in Ancient India as well. The Kalinga war as an example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalinga_War. Which was fought for "economical" and "political" reasons which basically spells out a land grab.

Europe  owns the majority of the wealth due to the simple fact that they were more technologically and militarily advanced from the Renaissance on (which once America was established, followed the same suite). It has nothing to do with Religion.  It has everything to do with power and if these Asian countries had the same capibilities, they would have done the same thing. 

Read your own article:

"The main feature of Indian slavery system was that Indian economy did not depend on slave labour. The workers and the cultivators were normally free men. These free workers were not slaves. India had no slave markets like that of Ancient Rome. India did not face slave revolts like that of Ancient Rome. Nor did India have Spartan type of slavery where the Spartan masters were at daggers drawn against their slaves. Indian slaves were mostly domestic slaves."

And the KALINGA WAR, are you goinf to really use that against me? Because that war with casualties far far less than most european wars, resulted in the unification of india and Buddhism being the state religion where arts, sciences, and peace thrived. LEARN HISTORY IGNORANT WESTERNER.

AMEN Europeans were brutal, their "technologically advanced AFTER THE BRITISH STARTED TO LOOT INDIA" guess who funded the Industrial revolution, the loot of the british east india company. You know nothng of indian history and your ignorance in "Indian slavery" which was really no different from lets say foxconn workers. Bad but not like the slavery that europeans created. AGAIN EURO ADVANCES WERE FROM THE SUPRESSION OF ASIA AND AFRICA AND ASIA AND AFRICA ARE in their current "poor" state beause colonialism, supressed these people's original culture and their education systems converted to basically slave for europeans. So yes the wealthy nations are still benifiting from colonialism and the divide and rule seperation they created before leaving those lands. 

The article also stated that "The ancient Indian economy was mainly dependent upon Agriculture. There was demand for large labour force. Some scholars have suggested that slaves were widely employed in agricultural product and slave labour became a factor of production."
"
 A slave’s property ultimately belonged to the master. A master could not abandon his slave in old age. According to law books, if a master wanted to inflict physical punishment on his slave for dereliction of duty, he could beat him only on the back and not on the head"

I stated in my rebuttle that the slavery was not to the extent and inhumanity (I'm also pretty sure Foxxconn employees aren't beaten, so that was a poor comparison) of other countries but that is not what was being debated. You claimed that there wasn't slavery in India, pre-Islam/Colonialism. Clearly you were wrong as the article states. 

Ignorant Westener is not a proper rebuttle. Using ad hominem because you do not have an intelligent response only belittles your argument. A comparison would be if I labelled you a whining self righteous brown person who blames white people for all the wrongs in the world. Using that would not be conducive to the argument.

Your statement was once again is false. You claimed pre islam/colonial India did not wage war. Regardless, there was quite a few wars and land grabbing as well as atrocities commited prior to the Muslim conquests of the 12th centruy. You may want to take a history class about your own culture prior to making these false comments. However, it seems you are going to a biased source which is why it is always best to try and find a scholar who does not have bias. A simply google search will help educate you.

This is not a debate on which country commited which atrocities or who had the worst form of slaverly. Nor is it relevant as to who was worse than the other. You claimed that pre Islamic India was this sort of peaceful country that did not have slaves. That statement was not accurate. All the ruling kingdoms did not just peacefully say let's be friends. There was constant fighting between regional kingdoms who at the time practiced (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism). There was slavery
 I provided examples that refutted your argument. It really is that cut and dry. 

From what I know, pre-colombian America also had slavery, usually from war losers.

I wouldn't doubt that basically all societies on earth had something akin to slavery at some point in time.

It's just the people that want to put social justice flags that like to focus on the black people slaving to make the white men the worst ever and the root of all that is bad on the world. The tribes in Africa had slaves from war and several sold the captured or even their own fellowmen to the europeans.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

From what I know, pre-colombian America also had slavery, usually from war losers.

I wouldn't doubt that basically all societies on earth had something akin to slavery at some point in time.

It's just the people that want to put social justice flags that like to focus on the black people slaving to make the white men the worst ever and the root of all that is bad on the world. The tribes in Africa had slaves from war and several sold the captured or even their own fellowmen to the europeans.

I love explaining to people that the African slave trade wasn't created by European Colonists.

This is quite disgusting. And mind you the 62 RICHEST. So like we have 5 dozen people who have so much that it almost necessitates 3.5 billion to live in poverty. The monetary system doesn't work. And, this proves that there is NO SUCH THING AS SCARCITY. Only greed.

Around the Network
bouzane said:
DonFerrari said:

I love explaining to people that the African slave trade wasn't created by European Colonists.

I'm absolutely grossed out by the fact that you guys are putting so much effort into saving face over this.  The fact is that slavery exsisted.  It impacted people quite negatively and the practice goes on today.  All parties involved in the slave trading are wrong.  YES THAT INCLUDS WHITES TOO... and blacks who sold prisoners into slavery and the slave traders who exist today.  Meanwhile a girl is being forced into sexual slavery and you guys are like 'HA HA.   I love proving to people that women are invoved in the sex slave trade too... snort snort'

Lawlight said:
Aeolus451 said:
Lawlight said:

You are so naive.

Edit*

I take it that you lived (or grew up) in india or that you're a woman from india or that you know an indian woman? Women in india are not locked in cages or chained. They can save up money or steal it and leave if they really wanted to. I'm not saying it's easy but it's no where near impossible.

I don't need to live in India to know about life. The little money that some people make go towards surviving. And stealing? What kind of cartoon world do you live in?

India is not africa. They live in buidlings and can find work. Yes, people steal or at least some do. I guess you didn't know that.

Aeolus451 said:
Lawlight said:
Aeolus451 said:
Lawlight said:

You are so naive.

Edit*

India is not africa. They live in buidlings and can find work. Yes, people steal or at least some do. I guess you didn't know that.

You realise that Africa is a continent, right? It's got multiple countries and it doesn't just consist of people living in hunts and hunting. And you're still going with your pathetic advise? What next? They should mug and kill people to be able to save money?

Also, guys, heard that - a country has buildings means everything is fine.

bouzane said:
DonFerrari said:

Accepting that europeans invented or were the sole responsible for the slavery

CosmicSex said:
This is quite disgusting. And mind you the 62 RICHEST. So like we have 5 dozen people who have so much that it almost necessitates 3.5 billion to live in poverty. The monetary system doesn't work. And, this proves that there is NO SUCH THING AS SCARCITY. Only greed. 

there is no sucj thing. this study was so well made that if you give your son 1 dollar and no debt this research would put him as richer than 2 billion people.  And those 62 aren't mugging the 3.5B or sucking zimbabwe or zambia

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Lawlight said:
Aeolus451 said:

You realise that Africa is a continent, right? It's got multiple countries and it doesn't just consist of people living in hunts and hunting. And you're still going with your pathetic advise? What next? They should mug and kill people to be able to save money?

Also, guys, heard that - a country has buildings means everything is fine.

You knew what I meant. Other parts of the world are far more advanced than Africa is country or continent. Stealing and mug/kill people are completely different things. If a woman has to steal money from whoever she can to get away from the sex trade, so be it. Especially if she's not allowed to save money from what she does anyway.