NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

VR is so 1995.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

CaptainExplosion said:

Should the NX have VR support?

I think so, considering a lot of production effort is being put into the Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and Microsoft Hololens (Even though it's more AR, but still).

So what would be wrong with Nintendo trying VR again? After all, the technology is better and cheaper than it was around the time of the, ahem, certain Nintendo system we'd rather not name.

When did nintendo ever try VR?

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has no interest in VR whatsoever.

It would probably be a feature that be too expensive that's worth implementing.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

*Rolls away stone*

I know this thread is a little dead or whatever, but ever since Nintendo announced their "immersive" zelda E3 show I've been wondering if they'll surprise everyone with some type of VR there.

*Puts stone back into place, continues watching from the shadows*

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Around the Network

I think Nintendo will have a VR helmet eventually but it will be different/more toy-like (though possibly in a cool way) than others.

SuperJortendo said:
*Rolls away stone*

I know this thread is a little dead or whatever, but ever since Nintendo announced their "immersive" zelda E3 show I've been wondering if they'll surprise everyone with some type of VR there.

*Puts stone back into place, continues watching from the shadows*

that they seem to need all their space to provide "complete immersion" to Zelda demo players does make it sound like a room-scale VR demo, but we already know NX won't be at the show and WiiU doesn't have the muscle to render a graphically ambitious games like that in VR, so I think the possibility is below 5%

imo it's much more likely they expect players to turn in all direction with the gamepad to search for stuff in the gameworld