By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think the next direct is?

Probably one final 3DS/Wii U focused Direct later this month or in first half of February about games releasing between now & E3. Fire Emblem Fates, Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second, Star Fox Zero, Pokken Tournament, etc.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

We need a direct really soon: TPHD, Pokken, Last Splatoon map, Smash DLC, Fates, Bravely Second, StarFox Zero, My Nintendo Account System, Miitomo

Probably on February. They'll talk about near future games like TPHD and Pokkén and maybe announce 1 or 2 minor filler games to fill the gaps.

They'll totally wait till E3 to show Zelda and NX.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Probably early March.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Early February.
They got to continue the "tradition" of summer blockbuster (MK8 & Splatoon) and announce Animal Crossing U for a June release. I love the game but I recognize that it is essentialy the same game every time, and it should not take four years to make a HD version of New Leaf! A Wii U version has been teased since 2013 with AC Plaza.

Around the Network
baloofarsan said:
Early February.
They got to continue the "tradition" of summer blockbuster (MK8 & Splatoon) and announce Animal Crossing U for a June release. I love the game but I recognize that it is essentialy the same game every time, and it should not take four years to make a HD version of New Leaf! A Wii U version has been teased since 2013 with AC Plaza.

At this point it really makes no sense to put the next AC on Wii U over the NX, hence why we got amiibo Festival instead.

Einsam_Delphin said:
baloofarsan said:
Early February.

At this point it really makes no sense to put the next AC on Wii U over the NX, hence why we got amiibo Festival instead.

And they released a spinoff on 3DS for a fraction of the budget of a mainline Wii U title and it sold just as well, if not better than a mainline Wii U title would sell.

If Wii U was getting a mainline Animal Crossing title, we wouldn't have gotten Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Late January - Mid February. They really need to build up their upcoming games. Genei Ibun release date in the west please.

Next Month

I've been reading/hearing a lot of speculation lately that we will get a Direct sometime in January. While I think that's possible, to me it seems more likely the next one will be in February. I do not think we will have to wait until March, however, as some have said.