By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sad rumor from my local gamestop- Xenoblade has been discontinued along with some other games

Isnt everyone basically saying late 2016 release? Its not surpriseing.

Whats weird is they dont plan on getting new wii us or titles for after the NX launches...
Guess they dont believe it to be worth the trouble.

Sales will probably drop off a cliff, after NX launch but still.

Around the Network

I read a thread somewhere about "the craziest thing a gamestop employee has ever told you" or something like that.
How can Xenoblade be discontinued after being only one month on the market?
Maybe Devil's Third is another situation, but I highly doubt that information is true.
Also, if a random Gamestop employee knew anything about the NX, everybody would know everything about the NX by now.
Again, I'm sure Nintendo will try to sell as much wii u games as they can, because releasing the NX next year and not having games to sell is ridiculous!

Lol.This is almost surely not true.
Yes, NX has a chance of comming this year, but it is late this year if it comes.And Wii U sells games, wether they like it or not.Mario Maker, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 etc etc etc.If vgchartz numbers are to be believed, XCX is showing to have some legs, and I mean, the game has just released(1 month), and I hardly doubt that gamestop has a gigantic stock of the games so that it can go on without buying more.

The store manager either played you, or that store in particular is receiving less games.In the off-chance this is true, gamestop will just lose money, since people will go to other places to buy Nintendo games and well, companies just dont accept start earning less money

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I bet this isn't true. It's as fake as... I don't know what.... something very fakeish.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy it, GameStop isn't 100% in the know, maybe what they told you only applies specifically to their store only.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Any legitimate information given out like that would get an employee fired immediately and also wouldn't exactly go through entry level grunts. Just gonna throw that out there.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Good for scalpers!!!

I found a new copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X collectors edition at a best buy last night. Got it for $73! This news will just drive the scalp value up. 😆

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I don't buy that, some Wii U games sell very well, they wouldn't stop selling them just because they think the NX is 1 year from launch.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

sounds super fake lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

As a guy who worked at a game store and has spent a lot of time at various game stores...

It's all garbage. Never trust a single thing any employee tells you, because the dumbest rumors circulate through those stores. Not every single thing they tell you is wrong, but it's wrong often enough that you've got to take everything with a big fat grain of salt.