By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Suggest to Microsoft: Tales of Vesperia Xbox 360 bundle in Japan

The screenshots for this game look amazing and I think a special edition Xbox 360 with Tales of Vesperia artwork on it would do well in Japan (well for Xbox 360 sales anyways).

While you're at it you should bring out a Grand Theft Auto 4 special edition as well...

Something like this:

*Edit: I wish I could fix the typo in the thread's topic. :(

Around the Network

Tales isn't a very big franchise. Only 2 games in it have ever broke 1 million units. I doubt Vespersia will do much more than Lost Odyssey with the already poor Japanese appeal of the 360, and it's certainly not a system selling franchise.

Even something that would spur 40,000 or 50,000 console sales would be worth it. And the Japanese seem to eat up special edition consoles.

Legend11 said:
Even something that would spur 40,000 or 50,000 console sales would be worth it. And the Japanese seem to eat up special edition consoles.

True I suppose.  I dunno, you usually just reserve special edition consoles for bigger games than Tales.  Honestly I think it would be a better idea with Blue Dragon 2, as the game will most likely sell quite a bit more than Tales.

Legend11 said:

You really think Tales can sell 40K console by itself?? That's almost 15 weeks (close to 4 months) of normal xbox sales total in Japan.

Frankly, a Tales game on xbox probably won't even sell over 100k copies of software. You might see around 7-8k of extra xbox hardware. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
Legend11 said:

I'm not so sure about that. I mean the PS3 Yakuza bundle was limited to 10K consoles and I can easily find one on store shelves if I wanted to buy one. In other words it hasn't even sold out yet...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Legend11 said:

I'm not so sure about that. I mean the PS3 Yakuza bundle was limited to 10K consoles and I can easily find one on store shelves if I wanted to buy one. In other words it hasn't even sold out yet...

Since you're in Japan what do you think Microsoft could do to make their system more popular there?

Legend11 said:
smbu2000 said:
Legend11 said:

Since you're in Japan what do you think Microsoft could do to make their system more popular there?

Well I'm not sure there is anything significan that MS can do now (besides lowering the price). Still even that would only give them slightly increased sales, I think. What's happening to the 360 seems like what is happening with the PS3; small HW bumps/increases for large games/price cuts/etc. and then it just drops back down again.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Maybe LO2 will be the console pusher? by then, however, it will be 6 months until the xbox1440 launches.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

They should definitely do it, even if it's only a run of 20,000 bundles. Naz is right when he says its not a huge game, but its fans are pretty committed.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS