By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The wii needs more western support.

His thread is fine Username. It's you responses that are flawed. The flaw is rudeness. don't be so rude man.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:
Sky Render said:
I can't see why it does. My own experience with games made in the US is that they tend to be fairly tedious, boring, predictable, and inexplicably all star the same muscle-bound, grizzled, somewhat handsome short-and-brown-haired usually nameless protagonist. There also seems to be this on-going hatred of the entire idea behind video games in western development studios, that being to break away from reality and be fun without being confined to boring stuff like "realistic physics", "washed-out colors", and "dying instantly when you get ganged up on by enemies".

Or maybe I just have come to hate the western game design philosophies. That seems more likely.

There are also some gems though such as Gears,Oblivion,Fable,Kotor,CoD,etc. I like japanese games better , but also like some western games too.

Edit: @ username How many threads have you been to that don't have flaws. ALso how is an opinion not allowed. I could have an opinion in the post, especially when the opinion is widelly accepted.

I thought it was universally agreed that the 360 had the best FPS controls, that's what it was made for.

And pretty much all of the threads you make have flaws, and things you claim as fact, and thats something I hate when people take their opinions and push them on people claiming they are facts.

But anyways, the Wii has plenty of western support, like I said, its a casual machine so if your looking for hardcore you bought the wrong console.

I have all three consoles. Whoever said the 360 had the best fps controls? The pc does, and if you played mp3 you would know that the wii is right behind it. Also the wii isn't targeted to the casual or the hardcore it is targeted to non gamers , then everybody else.

This is not something to take lightly this is a very serious issue, the fait of the Wii lies with Twesterm. Wii must find him.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
kenzomatic said:
This is not something to take lightly this is a very serious issue, the fait of the Wii lies with Twesterm. Wii must find him.

Lol, Yeah twesterm the wii needs some fpses and wrpgs. Are you going to give us them?

username2324 it's universally agreed that PCs have the best FPS controls. Wii isn't doing too bad though, and dual analog crap like the 360 and PS3 have is unplayably primitive to me.

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
I thought it was universally agreed that the 360 had the best FPS controls, that's what it was made for.

And pretty much all of the threads you make have flaws, and things you claim as fact, and thats something I hate when people take their opinions and push them on people claiming they are facts.

But anyways, the Wii has plenty of western support, like I said, its a casual machine so if your looking for hardcore you bought the wrong console.

The only people who think that the 360 controller is perfect are people who were raised on console FPS and don't know what good controls for a FPS really are. The dual analog set-up sucks hard and it always will. The only thing that comes close to the precision and usefullness of the mouse+keyboard set-up is the wiimote. It still isn't quite there in terms of accuracy, but it can feel a lot better for certain people. The 360 and PS3s controls are god awful for FPS for the same reasons all console FPS controls have sucked. The controls just don't work without some device to replicate mouse controls.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

There's no way the 360 has the best FPS controls. You're confusing the controls that's most used for FPS for being the best for FPS.

sc94597 said:
Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:
Sky Render said:
I can't see why it does. My own experience with games made in the US is that they tend to be fairly tedious, boring, predictable, and inexplicably all star the same muscle-bound, grizzled, somewhat handsome short-and-brown-haired usually nameless protagonist. There also seems to be this on-going hatred of the entire idea behind video games in western development studios, that being to break away from reality and be fun without being confined to boring stuff like "realistic physics", "washed-out colors", and "dying instantly when you get ganged up on by enemies".

Or maybe I just have come to hate the western game design philosophies. That seems more likely.

There are also some gems though such as Gears,Oblivion,Fable,Kotor,CoD,etc. I like japanese games better , but also like some western games too.

Edit: @ username How many threads have you been to that don't have flaws. ALso how is an opinion not allowed. I could have an opinion in the post, especially when the opinion is widelly accepted.

I have all three consoles. Whoever said the 360 had the best fps controls? The pc does, and if you played mp3 you would know that the wii is right behind it. Also the wii isn't targeted to the casual or the hardcore it is targeted to non gamers , then everybody else.

The PC is not a console, and you keep going against what everyone says, even developers, out of the 3 consoles it's pretty much universally accepted that the 360 has the best FPS controller, and its universally accepted that the Wii is a casual machine.

You just have fantasies of what you think the Wii is and can be.

I'm going to leave this thread before I get banned again because of you.

Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:
Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:
Sky Render said:

The PC is not a console, and you keep going against what everyone says, even developers, out of the 3 consoles it's pretty much universally accepted that the 360 has the best FPS controller, and its universally accepted that the Wii is a casual machine.

I didn't say that it was only consoles I was comparing did I? Like I said before dual analog controls are inferior to the wii mote( if the controls are done right). Anyway this has gone off topic so who else thinks the wii needs some more western support. 

Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:
Username2324 said:

You're leaving because you don't have any defense against your wildly absurd claim.  As everyone pointed out that your "universally accepted" statement holds absolutely no water.  Where are your universal sources that said the 360 has the best controls vs the wiimote or sixaxis or pc controls?  

Your statement says absolutely nothing about PC controls and even taking that out, you're absolutely wrong.