By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Can Feminists Get Any More Desperate?

A_C_E said:
o_O.Q said:

humans are a bipedal species - that is or is not the case? keep in mind of course that there was a girl born with 4 legs in india recently

Which is exactly my point. You're type of generalizing viewpoint would have left that out of the question. My viewpoint accepts everything into question because I don't care what is more likely, I care what is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so you don't see a problem in using sickness to back your argument? it boggles my mind how you don't see the similarity between yourself right now and a religious person with the constant ridiculous rationalisations to support a proposition that has no basis in reality

No I don't see a problem with it when women can seem just as normal as other women who have as much testosterone as other men.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do i really have to go into why its nonsensical to compare male babies to grown sick women? seriously?

I'm not asking you to to compare male babies to grown sick women...

all religious beliefs that do not comply with reality

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/news_releases/2013/12/verma/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201312/brain-connectivity-varies-between-men-and-women

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-25198063

hahaha, oh boy. Those three links are all based on the same studies btw, I have already read them. These studies came to the conclusion that generally speaking women and men will have different lateralization of cognitive functions which may lead to different behavioral patterns. My point from the beginning is that these are just generalizations and aren't bound by sex.

Here's what other colleagues said about it, "But experts have questioned whether it can be that simple, arguing it is a huge leap to extrapolate from anatomical differences to try to explain behavioural variation between the sexes. Also, brain connections are not set and can change throughout life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you have been denying this all along actually

No, I have said that nothing is dependent on only one thing. Aggression is not dependent on just testosterone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you've claimed that just because something is present then that is all that's needed... disregarding of course that different concentrations are needed to achieve different results

When did I say that just because something is present then that's all that is needed? How many times did I say that the more testosterone a body has the more likely it is to be more aggressive? Doesn't sound like I'm disregarding different concentrations like you say I am, instead it sounds like you're taking my words out of context to fit you're agenda.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scientists have determined the ranges yes...

I didn't ask if scientists determined the ranges.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

uh how do you think sex changes are completed and maintained after surgery? you've never heard of hormone replacement?

Oh yes I have and have never said that hormones aren't a contributing factor to such things like muscle growth or hair growth. Hormone replacement will cause more hair to grow but I'm sure you're not saying that only men have hair on their bodies. A woman is a woman regardless of her muscle mass or hair growth.

answer the question; are humans a bipedal species are not?

"No I don't see a problem with it "

lol ok fair enough

" when women can seem just as normal as other women who have as much testosterone as other men."

well first off no because its a sickness there are radical changes that occur in the body depending on how severe it is

"Women suffering from PCOS may experience high testosterone levels, which cause other signs and symptoms such as Hirsutism (excessive hair growth), male pattern baldness and acne. "

http://www.pcosfoundation.org/what-is-pcos

also the testosterone of women even with this sickness never gets close to that of a man... please leave your religion at the door because i couldn't care less about it... if you want to discuss this then please use facts not ridiculous assertions that have no basis in reality

"generally speaking women and men will have different lateralization of cognitive functions which may lead to different behavioral patterns."

well no way who would have thought?

" to try to explain behavioural variation between the sexes."

meaning that they do acknowledge that there is behavioral variation... you do realise that of course?

"When did I say that just because something is present then that's all that is needed? "

i'm too lazy to be bothered to go back and check but i'm absolutely certain that you said that both men and women have testosterone so there's no difference or some nonsense like that... if you deny it so be it

"A woman is a woman regardless of her muscle mass or hair growth."

which means what? that a woman cannot use hormones to transition into a man?

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:

Human beings are a bipedal species. I loooove these questions, I've learned sooo much!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well first off no because its a sickness there are radical changes that occur in the body depending on how severe it is

A sickness that can go undetected. Unless you're saying it can't go undetected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also the testosterone of women even with this sickness never gets close to that of a man... please leave your religion at the door because i couldn't care less about it... if you want to discuss this then please use facts not ridiculous assertions that have no basis in reality

Umm, yes they do, in fact when a female has testosterone to the level of a male, then that woman can no longer participate in the olympics. These cases exist and they aren't exactly rare. Hyperandrogenism isn't a religion, lol, neither is it a ridiculous assertion. Women can have male hormones within the male range.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

meaning that they do acknowledge that there is behavioral variation... you do realise that of course?

In general, which I've stated since the beginning. My point is again, it is not bound by what sex you are. If you don't get this by now...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm too lazy to be bothered to go back and check but i'm absolutely certain that you said that both men and women have testosterone so there's no difference or some nonsense like that... if you deny it so be it

uhhhh...nope!

How did you get that from what I said?

A_C_E said:
DonFerrari said:
A_C_E said:

What opposite aspects are you reffering to? And didn't you know that the Earth is only 6,000 years old?!

Why the need for the religious snark?

And don't pretend not to know the traits... people like to pretend it's all social construction but forget that they certainly had a reason to be in first place and why they became to be in pre society tribes... makes no sense to say both are equal and them justify why they are different in real world with BS.

Holy shit dude, it was a joke...

And holy shit, I simply  didn't know what you meant in the first place...

So we are back to the generalizations of traits. Women cook more, women wear more makeup, women talk more, women do this and women do that...men do that too, helllllooooooo! This is my point, traits, psychology, whether you like the color blue or not...these are not bound by sex. Stop making my argument to be more than it is. And I'm not justifying anything...lol. What the....?

It may be a joke, and I'm not theist so I don't care about it. But it seemed like you were attacking me as having religious believes for the differences between men and women.

And my point is not who cook more or vanity (although it probably is quite gender oriented even if we have men that like make up). I'm talking like woman inclining more to emotional and man to rational. Man taking more risks and woman choosing safely. Man choosing reprodution and woman protection and prosperity, etc... You could say all of them are social constructions and the brain have no difference and no justification for those things, but if they showed spontaneously it may have a reason for it. And that may derive from the inerent differences between genders. To refute gender differences in the name of equality grant no one any progress whatsoever.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A_C_E said:
o_O.Q said:

Human beings are a bipedal species. I loooove these questions, I've learned sooo much!!!

A sickness that can go undetected. Unless you're saying it can't go undetected.

Umm, yes they do, in fact when a female has testosterone to the level of a male, then that woman can no longer participate in the olympics. These cases exist and they aren't exactly rare. Hyperandrogenism isn't a religion, lol, neither is it a ridiculous assertion. Women can have male hormones within the male range.

In general, which I've stated since the beginning. My point is again, it is not bound by what sex you are. If you don't get this by now...

uhhhh...nope!

How did you get that from what I said?

"Human beings are a bipedal species"

Does the fact that humans exist with more than 2 legs mean humans are not a bipedal species?

"A sickness that can go undetected. Unless you're saying it can't go undetected."

as the sickness gets worse and testosterone levels rise, the symptoms of the illness become more pronounced - male pattern balding, acne, etc... shouldn't that be obvious?

if its undetected then its impact on the body is obviously not as significant again i'd think this should be obvious

"when a female has testosterone to the level of a male"

example please

"Hyperandrogenism isn't a religion"

this is most pronounced ( testosterone levels approaching those of men ) in cases where people are intersexed or in other words people whose gender is ambiguous

it is a religious belief to rationalise this as somehow being a normal condition its just like my example from earlier with people being born with more than 2 legs

" it is not bound by what sex you are."

well the scientists you are addressing here are disagreeing with you "behavioural variation between the sexes" meaning all you are doing now is spewing your religion and i honestly don't want to hear it

"How did you get that from what I said?"

"A woman is a woman regardless of her muscle mass or hair growth." seems like you are implying here that hormone therapy for sex changes is invalid

o_O.Q said:

Does the fact that humans exist with more than 2 legs mean humans are not a bipedal species?

Counter question - Does the fact that human beings can exist with more than two legs mean that human beings aren't bipedal species? No, they most definitely still are human beings and this is my point. There ARE exceptions, it is not a religion like you hilariously think it is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as the sickness gets worse and testosterone levels rise, the symptoms of the illness become more pronounced - male pattern balding, acne, etc... shouldn't that be obvious?

In most cases it is pretty serious. But there are plenty of female athletes who naturally produce much more testosterone than the average woman. These women are capable of competing just as well as the next woman who may or may not have high testosterone. For women that aren't athletes PCOS can go undetected since they don't receive comissioned checkups.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

example please

http://breakingmuscle.com/sports/testosterone-testing-may-unfairly-target-female-olympians

http://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/2015/07/27/court-suspends-rule-banning-female-athletes-with-high-male-hormone-level.html

this is most pronounced ( testosterone levels approaching those of men ) in cases where people are intersexed or in other words people whose gender is ambiguous

it is a religious belief to rationalise this as somehow being a normal condition its just like my example from earlier with people being born with more than 2 legs

When did I rationalise that this was a normal condition? Just because I simply don't exclude the data their bodies provide then I am religious? lol, I thought including all data was the opposite of religion. I was using this condition as a simple example to illustrate that women can have testosterone levels in the male range, nothing more, nothing less.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well the scientists you are addressing here are disagreeing with you "behavioural variation between the sexes" meaning all you are doing now is spewing your religion and i honestly don't want to hear it

Here's the full quote:

But experts have questioned whether it can be that simple, arguing it is a huge leap to extrapolate from anatomical differences to try to explain behavioural variation between the sexes. Also, brain connections are not set and can change throughout life.

You see, when your style of discussion meets the criteria of social media wherein you take random words from an interview and you fit them into your agenda so you may propogate falsified claims in order to make it seem like I'm being voted against...uggghhhhh, which is exactly what you have done here... This paragraph strictly states that it is a huge leap to extrapolate from the anatomical differences to try to explain what we are discussing here. In the very paragraph YOU quoted!

Nowhere does it say that behavior is bound by the persons sex. My turn. Give me an example of a way a woman can behave in which a man can't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A woman is a woman regardless of her muscle mass or hair growth." seems like you are implying here that hormone therapy for sex changes is invalid

I'm sorry it seems that way to you...but I did not contextualize that hormone therapy for sex change is invalid.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

It may be a joke, and I'm not theist so I don't care about it. But it seemed like you were attacking me as having religious believes for the differences between men and women.

And my point is not who cook more or vanity (although it probably is quite gender oriented even if we have men that like make up). I'm talking like woman inclining more to emotional and man to rational. Man taking more risks and woman choosing safely. Man choosing reprodution and woman protection and prosperity, etc... You could say all of them are social constructions and the brain have no difference and no justification for those things, but if they showed spontaneously it may have a reason for it. And that may derive from the inerent differences between genders. To refute gender differences in the name of equality grant no one any progress whatsoever.

Men think more with the left side of the pre-frontal cortex which controls rational/calculated thought process. Women have a more active amygdala which controls the emotional sensors. But nowhere have I refuted differences in the name of equality. Instead I have stated that no psychological behavior is bound by sex. To evaluate someone on gender is to ignore so many progressive avenues. Women on average may be better at one thing but that does not mean an individual woman will be better that the next individual man. I'm arguing for the process of evaluation, on all fronts, not just gender.

its Made in Norway, why i am not surprised?

A_C_E said:
DonFerrari said:

Men think more with the left side of the pre-frontal cortex which controls rational/calculated thought process. Women have a more active amygdala which controls the emotional sensors. But nowhere have I refuted differences in the name of equality. Instead I have stated that no psychological behavior is bound by sex. To evaluate someone on gender is to ignore so many progressive avenues. Women on average may be better at one thing but that does not mean an individual woman will be better that the next individual man. I'm arguing for the process of evaluation, on all fronts, not just gender.

Man, I just see you in a crazy spin. It's obvious that a man or woman may be more inteligent, rational, science orientated or any single indicator you want. But when you look on averages or pick extremes on the same side man and woman will have pronounced differences. But you want to pick opposite extremes and get a very small intersection to validate your points.

We have provided several differences in physical, homornes, brain activities and etc but you want to insist on a not proved notion that they basically have no interference on psychological (even if on real world those differences are very apparent, but then discredit then as social constructions).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

A_C_E said:
o_O.Q said:

Counter question - Does the fact that human beings can exist with more than two legs mean that human beings aren't bipedal species? No, they most definitely still are human beings and this is my point. There ARE exceptions, it is not a religion like you hilariously think it is.

In most cases it is pretty serious. But there are plenty of female athletes who naturally produce much more testosterone than the average woman. These women are capable of competing just as well as the next woman who may or may not have high testosterone. For women that aren't athletes PCOS can go undetected since they don't receive comissioned checkups.

example please

http://breakingmuscle.com/sports/testosterone-testing-may-unfairly-target-female-olympians

http://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/2015/07/27/court-suspends-rule-banning-female-athletes-with-high-male-hormone-level.html

When did I rationalise that this was a normal condition? Just because I simply don't exclude the data their bodies provide then I am religious? lol, I thought including all data was the opposite of religion. I was using this condition as a simple example to illustrate that women can have testosterone levels in the male range, nothing more, nothing less.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the full quote:

But experts have questioned whether it can be that simple, arguing it is a huge leap to extrapolate from anatomical differences to try to explain behavioural variation between the sexes. Also, brain connections are not set and can change throughout life.

You see, when your style of discussion meets the criteria of social media wherein you take random words from an interview and you fit them into your agenda so you may propogate falsified claims in order to make it seem like I'm being voted against...uggghhhhh, which is exactly what you have done here... This paragraph strictly states that it is a huge leap to extrapolate from the anatomical differences to try to explain what we are discussing here. In the very paragraph YOU quoted!

Nowhere does it say that behavior is bound by the persons sex. My turn. Give me an example of a way a woman can behave in which a man can't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry it seems that way to you...but I did not contextualize that hormone therapy for sex change is invalid.

"Does the fact that humans exist with more than 2 legs mean humans are not a bipedal species?"

why won't you answer the question?

"http://breakingmuscle.com/sports/testosterone-testing-may-unfairly-target-female-olympians

http://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/2015/07/27/court-suspends-rule-banning-female-athletes-with-high-male-hormone-level.html"

and why are these people being banned? does that not occur to you? because scientifically they are not considered to be completely female because it is well understood that men have the capacity to be stronger than women... personally i'd wager that they are intersexed or have embedded testes but regardless they are not considered to be female for the purposes of this sport

"I was using this condition as a simple example to illustrate that women can have testosterone levels in the male range, nothing more, nothing less."

but you forgot to mention (in a religious way mind you) that when this happens, as we see above, gender becomes ambiguous and as a result in some cases these people are not considered to be female

"This paragraph strictly states that it is a huge leap to extrapolate from the anatomical differences to try to explain what we are discussing here. In the very paragraph YOU quoted!"

that's correct, the point is that they acknowledge that there are behavioral differences between the sexes... i suspect that its because of the pc environment we live in that scientist are at this point reluctant to put forth certain conclusions

"Give me an example of a way a woman can behave in which a man can't."

This is such a silly question that my answer is open your damn eyes and look around you

o_O.Q said:
A_C_E said:
o_O.Q said:

example please

Here's the full quote:

"Does the fact that humans exist with more than 2 legs mean humans are not a bipedal species?"

why won't you answer the question?

"http://breakingmuscle.com/sports/testosterone-testing-may-unfairly-target-female-olympians

http://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/2015/07/27/court-suspends-rule-banning-female-athletes-with-high-male-hormone-level.html"

and why are these people being banned? does that not occur to you? because scientifically they are not considered to be completely female because it is well understood that men have the capacity to be stronger than women... personally i'd wager that they are intersexed or have embedded testes but regardless they are not considered to be female for the purposes of this sport

"I was using this condition as a simple example to illustrate that women can have testosterone levels in the male range, nothing more, nothing less."

but you forgot to mention (in a religious way mind you) that when this happens, as we see above, gender becomes ambiguous and as a result in some cases these people are not considered to be female

"This paragraph strictly states that it is a huge leap to extrapolate from the anatomical differences to try to explain what we are discussing here. In the very paragraph YOU quoted!"

that's correct, the point is that they acknowledge that there are behavioral differences between the sexes... i suspect that its because of the pc environment we live in that scientist are at this point reluctant to put forth certain conclusions

"Give me an example of a way a woman can behave in which a man can't."

This is such a silly question that my answer is open your damn eyes and look around you

Men can have PMS don't you know?