By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - what game(s) or features made you buy a Wii u and what year? just curious

What year did you get a Wii u

2012 20 29.41%

2013 24 35.29%

2014 15 22.06%

2015 7 10.29%

2016 2 2.94%

Total:68

New Super Mario Bros U bundle back in 2013. I was planning on buying a Wii, but since the Wii U was basically both consoles in one, I took the plunge and have no regrets.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

I got mine in Dec 2012, the first time I seen a deluxe version was available. I got it due to loving Nintendo IP, and I have not been dissapointed.

That said, I don't have preconcieved notions for what titles HAVE to be. I can appreciate SM3DW, and not be wrapped up in whether or not it fits my definition of what a 3D Mario game should be. I played it, and it is amazing.

I don't think anyone who approached the console and its games with an open mind has been dissapointed. But then again, maybe that's why I can play games like Metroid Other M and enjoy them.

Got it at launch on the promise of of Pikmin and the expectation of grand, next-gen 3D Mario, Metroid, and Zelda, none of which I have yet apart from Pikmin, which came nearly a year after launch.

*twirls tiny party favor sadly*

2013. Mario 3D World made me take the leap. that and my brother's constant hyping of the system.

Yeah I feel your pain arlo and pavolink still no Zelda, still no starfox,No proper 3D Mario. Expected a HD Animal Crossing too. But I have enjoyed my wii u.

Around the Network

November 2012, Pikmin 3 was supposed release in the following months.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

The release of Project Zero/Fatal Frame and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Fatal Frame was a blast while Xenoblade was major dissapointing

Ruler said:
The release of Project Zero/Fatal Frame and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Fatal Frame was a blast while Xenoblade was major dissapointing

Oh no! That's the first bad thing I've seen about xenoblade X 😲!!!!! But I've not played that or the original. And yeah fatal frame 5 is quiet good 

I was originally planning on buying a Wii U the day that Smash Bros was coming out, but I couldn't pass up the MK8 bundle and the promotion for the free game on Club Nintendo for buying MK8, so I caved in and bought one earlier in June 2014.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

I bought mine launch day, I at least thought Nintendo would support the console well -__-
Zelda is the main reason I got one though and well, still waiting.