By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Nintendo Doesn't Comeback?

Can Nintendo Dominate

It will Beat the Xbox One 161 32.66%

It will Beat X1 and PS4 59 11.97%

It will beat PS4 but not ... 53 10.75%

See Results 220 44.62%

Total:493

With the upcoming release of the Nintendo NX system within the next year or so, it seems highly unlikely that Nintendo can enjoy the same console dominance that they did in the seventh generation.  The mass market which Nintendo once had has left and moved on to other things like candy crush and mobile gaming.

This isn't a Nintendo doom thread because that is silly and we want to make topics that we can have healthy discussions about.  The main question I propose is whether or not Nintendo can achieve the dominance it once had in console gaming, or will Nintendo find success in other ways like mobile apps (Pokémon Go...)

We aren't sure yet that Nintendo is in fact competing with console makers, but assuming they are, can they compete or even dominate?  Or will this be their last console?

Around the Network
twintail said:
if it doesnt work out for them, mobile will.

I really am leaning towards mobile fro them.  I would love a pokemon game on my mobile phone.  A really pokemon game!  I would pay money for that.  And they you could battle people over the network!  It would be awesome.

if NX super flops... and the Handheld doesnt take off.... ouch... could see them going mobile + 3rd party consoles support.
I hope that isnt in store for nintendo btw.

Mobile will probably be Nintendo's very last resort if things ever come to that.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

JRPGfan said:

if NX super flops... and the Handheld doesnt take off.... ouch... could see them going mobile + 3rd party consoles support.

Well, there is still the chance that nintedo would make a smart phone.  Would you buy a Nintedo  handheld that doubled as a mobile phone?

Around the Network

They can go back to making Toys and Love Hotels

ktay95 said:

is thsi a real thing?

CosmicSex said:
JRPGfan said:

Well, there is still the chance that nintedo would make a smart phone.  Would you buy a Nintedo  handheld that doubled as a mobile phone?

Yes... just as I would buy a well made Playstation phone.

The question is, why isnt there a nintendo phone already? or a playstation one?  btw I want physical buttons and cartridge games + it looks like a phone.

Done deal, no need for fancy gimmicks ect.  I dont want a slim tiny lil phone either, give me a big fat battery on that sucker.

CosmicSex said:
ktay95 said:

is thsi a real thing?

By 1963, the company had tried several small niche businesses, such as cab services and love hotels

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo#1956.E2.80.931974:_New_ventures

When NX launches (assuming 2016) PS4 will have 50+ million userbase and Xbox One will probably have 25 million userbase. I just dont see how Nintendo attracts third party in their systems. If they somehow fails to launch NX successfully then they are pretty much in deep problem.