By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Think Nintendo Will Do A Live Conference at E3 2016?

Digital Event or Press Conference?

Digital Event 70 46.67%

Press Conference 80 53.33%

Total:150

No, the digital events are hear to stay

Around the Network

Sadly, they might. Digital events are way better though.

I'd say it could be either, but my guess is still a digital event

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

noname2200 said:

I don't find 10 minutes talk about Star Fox: dreams of Miyamoto or Amiibo x Activision love better than the boring parts of a press conference.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

i think we gonna get both actually along with a Nintendo World Championship.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
noname2200 said:

I don't find 10 minutes talk about Star Fox: dreams of Miyamoto or Amiibo x Activision love better than the boring parts of a press conference.

Very few did. Now stretch that out even further during a live press conference, and sprinkle in oodles more segments of awkwardness, unnecessary transitions, snafus, and other live bugaboos, while taking away the flexibility of a digital event, and voila! It's 2008 all up in this bitch!

noname2200 said:
Pavolink said:
noname2200 said:

Very few did. Now stretch that out even further during a live press conference, and sprinkle in oodles more segments of awkwardness, unnecessary transitions, snafus, and other live bugaboos, while taking away the flexibility of a digital event, and voila! It's 2008 all up in this bitch!

Or it could be a good conference like the E3 2004, or the E3 2006 or the E3 2010. Conferences that have surpassed any Nintendo Direct, except the one made in October 2011, which was a live conference.

The notion that every ND is god like and the conferences are evil needs to end here.

Pavolink said:

Or it could be a good conference like the E3 2004, or the E3 2006 or the E3 2010. Conferences that have surpassed any Nintendo Direct, except the one made in October 2011, which was a live conference.

The notion that every ND is god like and the conferences are evil needs to end here.

That notion can't die, seeing as how it never lived in the first place. There's a huge difference between saying that digital events are generally better and saying that they're godlike, and a huge difference between saying that live conferences have too many drawbacks to generally have as much potential as the alternative and saying that they're evil.

noname2200 said:
Pavolink said:

That notion can't die, seeing as how it never lived in the first place. There's a huge difference between saying that digital events are generally better and saying that they're godlike, and a huge difference between saying that live conferences have too many drawbacks to generally have as much potential as the alternative and saying that they're evil.

It lives, and lived in this thread. One example is someone who expected a new conference to be like E3 2008 rather than a good one.

Both