By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Update 3: Sean Penn talked to 'El Chapo' Guzman before arrest, is the actor in trouble?

Update 3: 'El Chapo' Talked With Sean Penn, In Clandestine Jungle Interview

The news that keep on giving...

Apparently Sean Penn interviewed El Chapo for some reason:

- On Saturday night, it was Sean Penn's turn to deliver a shock: In Rolling Stone, the actor revealed that he had spoken with the longtime head of the Sinaloa drug cartel during his time as a fugitive.

Penn said:

"This will be the first interview El Chapo had ever granted outside an interrogation room," Penn writes, "leaving me no precedent by which to measure the hazards."

- Connecting with Guzmán through intermediaries Kate del Castillo, a Mexican actress, and a mutual contact Penn only calls Espinoza, Penn set up an October meeting with the man in the remote jungle.

- according to Penn during a seven hours interview, El Chapo said:

"I supply more heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana than anybody else in the world," Guzmán says, according to Penn. "I have a fleet of submarines, airplanes, trucks and boats."

Update 2: 'El Chapo' Guzman's Desire to Make Biopic Helped Lead to His Capture

The desire to have a movie made about his life helped Mexican authorities capture drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, who had been on the run since his Hollywood-esque prison escape last summer. 

Mexico’s Attorney General Arely Gomez said Friday the head of the Sinola Cartel intended to make a biopic and his people talked with actresses and producers about it. The development eventually helped authorities track Guzman, 57, to Los Mochis, the coastal city in northern Sinaloa, Mexico, where he was captured.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/el-chapo-guzmans-desire-make-biopic-helped-lead/story?id=36183345

Update: Authorities say he will return to the same prison from which he escaped:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/09/americas/el-chapo-captured-mexico/

- informed by Mexican Enrique Peña Nieto himself via Twitter:

^Old picture from 2014 arrest

Translation:

"Mission accomplished: we got him. I want to inform Mexicans that Joaquín Guzmán Loera has been detained."

- Guzman was apprehended after a shootout with Mexican marines in the city of Los Mochis, in Guzman's home state of Sinaloa

- Guzman had escaped through a tunnel from Mexico's highest-security prison to the current administration's embarassment and had remained at large for seven months

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d9b03ac4883e4390abfca8abfa9c6f6e/mexican-president-drug-lord-chapo-guzman-re-arrested

The questions remain, will they opt for his extradition to the US and should they?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

No les creo nada. El entra y sale de prisión como le da la gana.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

How long before he escapes again?

Someone else will just replace him.

Pavolink said:

No habria precedente igual de tener un presidente de un pais mintiendo sobre algo asi. Pero siempre hay espacio para meter las patas a grande escala, bien cabron de esa forma so, supongo que es posible.

cheshirescat said:

The time it takes for bribe checks to clear I suppose.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

They need to take him to the U.S, the Mexican government will reach a new level of stupidity if they don't do it. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

AbbathTheGrim said:
Pavolink said:

No habria precedente igual de tener un presidente de un pais mintiendo sobre algo asi. Pero siempre hay espacio para meter las patas a grande escala, bien cabron de esa forma so, supongo que es posible.

cheshirescat said:

The time it takes for bribe checks to clear I suppose.

Times like this I wish I knew Spanish.

Also, imagine if he manages to escape again. The memes will live on

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

By how long? :^)

*re*-captured? How the hell did he manage to escape after being captured the first time? And yes, I read the article, I know he escaped through a tunnel, I'm just astounded at how the hell you manage to let a high-level prisoner like that escape. What a monumental fuck-up.

Once they're finished with Pablo escobar Netflix will definitely make one about him.