By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's stock down ~28% from 52-week high, close to 52-week low

What happened? Did Oculus have something to do with it?

Around the Network

I wonder how long Sony keeps their toes in other industries aside from video games when most of them are irrelevant these days. Maybe someone with some actual knowledge can enlighten me but I don't think there's any other electronic divisions within the company right now that are doing well.

Disappointing for Sony and nintendo. Sadly for them the dollar is not helping plus the entire stock market is suffering on top of that. It is however great for people like me who invest in Sony and Nintendo. Time to rebuy again and sell later this year when they both go way up.

Very good

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Ehm a strong dollar is a good thing for Japanese companies that do lots of their business in the US. They get much better margins.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/01/06/sonys-playstation-vr-stands-to-be-almost-3x-more-popular-than-oculus-rift-in-2016/

smells like some big fishs are purposely pushing share prices down before the vr thing starts. kinda like last year with the whole daniel loeb exit. china panic sure helps as well. let's see what happens in the long run...

My impression is that the stock was stabilizing in December and even increasing up to CES while the geopolitical situation with North Korea and and the Chinese decline is effecting the entire international market in particular the Asian markets.

Sony is able to hit their FY PS4 sales target after they reached 35.9 million sold. And the only negative Sony news in recent days is the stock.

(Japanese Nikkei)

Don't copy random editorials.

Where did you read that it's because Uncharted 4 has been delayed?
The drop is more because of Disappointing CES2016 Sony conference.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

ThatDanishGamer said:

My impression is that the stock was stabilizing in December and even increasing up to CES while the geopolitical situation with North Korea and and the Chinese decline is effecting the entire international market in particular the Asian markets.

Sony is able to hit their FY PS4 sales target after they reached 35.9 million sold. And the only negative Sony news in recent days is the stock.

(Japanese Nikkei)

No man, the only positive Sony news in recent days are the sales of the PS4. Everything else is doing bad.

Samsung not having entered the console gaming market is what has kept Sony alive.

''Hadouken!''