By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think of Donald Trump?

What do you think about Trump?

He's amazing! GOD BLESS 'MURICA 88 25.51%

Uh... wasn't he a busine... 28 8.12%

Ew, of course not! Especi... 123 35.65%

I'd like a small loan of a million dollars 106 30.72%

Total:345
Jimbo1337 said:
Insidb said:

Is this really the guy you think will balance the debt and improve our economy?

We could go back and forth on this but let me just say this.  When he becomes president, and he will, take note of how Obama has left our country and see if it truly improves after Trump's first term.  Then we will see who is right and who is wrong. 

No, he very likely won't.  Being the loudest, most obnoxious guy in the room may work in the Republican primary, but it won't hold up in a general election. RealClearPolitics is showing that he'd lose to Sanders in a general if it were today, let alone Clinton.

Plus, he still hasn't really had to answer actual policy questions. What happens when someone asks him just how he plans to beat ISIS? Or what he's going to do about education? He doesn't have answers to those questions. He's going to get crushed.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Jimbo1337 said:
barneystinson69 said:

You want a wall? The amount of money will be in the 10s-100s of billions of dollars. And even then, who's to say it prevents Mexicans from coming in? As for ISIS, well they can come in from Canada or the sea, you can't close off an entire country...

You complain about Obama spending too much money, well there was something called the great recession, which was thanks to bushy jr. Then of course you say drugs, HA! The war on drugs has been a failure, and you think people won't find ways to get them? Do what portugal did and legalize all of them, it actually worked! Then of course you say terrorists. What exactly will he do, steal the oil and let big corpos sell it (he even said so). So now he supports the big corps, and you think he's pro-american? And I'm sure those "allies" are more than willing to help America achieve that.

He's a blatant liar. He plans on using the country for his own person uses, and it'll be a big amount of hurt for the US indeed... He's no politican, he's a businessman (a sucky one at that).

You make it sound like a giant wall doesn't work and where are you getting 10s - 100s of billions of dollars from?  Trump said he could build it for what...10 million?  So let's just see the end result shall we?  

You do realize that if you fly into Canada, they will send you back if you are illegal right?  Uh huh...and that is why you make it easier for immigrants to come into our country LEGALLY and make it harder for them to come in ILLEGALY.  I mean is it that hard to understand the purpose of a wall?

Obama has spent more money than all of the previous presidents combined!  

So your stance is if it has been a failure in the past, then just give up and join the party?  I simply cannot understand this way of thinking...like ever.  

Yeah Trump said that he would take their oil fields to cut off their wealth.  If they don't have any money coming in, then they can't buy any more guns/ammunition.  Oh wait, didn't the UK strike Syria?  Hmm what were their first airstrikes?  Oh that is right...they hit the oilfields in Omar.  I guess Trump was right.  

What evidence is there to support that he would use the country for his own personal use?  Do you mean him running a political campaign that has lost him millions of dollars.  Like NBCUniversal with The Apprentice and Miss Universe?  Or how about the menswear collection in Macys?  Or how about NASCAR, ESPN, PGA, or his buildings in Dubai?  He also doesn't want to have a salary while he is president.  Yup...he wants to use the country for his own personal use.

You call trump a liar.  List the things that he has lied about.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Insidb said:
Jimbo1337 said:

We could go back and forth on this but let me just say this.  When he becomes president, and he will, take note of how Obama has left our country and see if it truly improves after Trump's first term.  Then we will see who is right and who is wrong. 

Tired of how the rest of the world views this guy?

And when Bush was president, he was the most admired man. Your point?

Normchacho said:
Jimbo1337 said:

No, he very likely won't.  Being the loudest, most obnoxious guy in the room may work in the Republican primary, but it won't hold up in a general election. RealClearPolitics is showing that he'd lose to Sanders in a general if it were today, let alone Clinton.

Plus, he still hasn't really had to answer actual policy questions. What happens when someone asks him just how he plans to beat ISIS? Or what he's going to do about education? He doesn't have answers to those questions. He's going to get crushed.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/in-2016-bernie-sanders-defeat-clinton-trump_b_8902400.html

Normchacho said:
Jimbo1337 said:

He hasn't started running against either Clinton or Sanders so those numbers are worthless.  

He has given answers to those questions.  Choosing to tune into those responses and claiming he hasn't said anything are two different things.  

So he is going to get crushed and will lose to either Sanders or Clinton?  Well then that should be good news to the Democrats then.  

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Jimbo1337 said:

You make it sound like a giant wall doesn't work and where are you getting 10s - 100s of billions of dollars from?  Trump said he could build it for what...10 million?  So let's just see the end result shall we?  

You do realize that if you fly into Canada, they will send you back if you are illegal right?  Uh huh...and that is why you make it easier for immigrants to come into our country LEGALLY and make it harder for them to come in ILLEGALY.  I mean is it that hard to understand the purpose of a wall?

So your stance is if it has been a failure in the past, then just give up and join the party?  I simply cannot understand this way of thinking...like ever.  

Yeah Trump said that he would take their oil fields to cut off their wealth.  If they don't have any money coming in, then they can't buy any more guns/ammunition.  Oh wait, didn't the UK strike Syria?  Hmm what were their first airstrikes?  Oh that is right...they hit the oilfields in Omar.  I guess Trump was right.  

What evidence is there to support that he would use the country for his own personal use?  Do you mean him running a political campaign that has lost him millions of dollars.  Like NBCUniversal with The Apprentice and Miss Universe?  Or how about the menswear collection in Macys?  Or how about NASCAR, ESPN, PGA, or his buildings in Dubai?  He also doesn't want to have a salary while he is president.  Yup...he wants to use the country for his own personal use.

Sorry I don't read liberal propaganda

Jimbo1337 said:
Insidb said:
Jimbo1337 said:

Tired of how the rest of the world views this guy?

And when Bush was president, he was the most admired man. Your point?

The world respects our president, unlike the dishonest claims from the right (Trump, Cruz, et al.).

Also, with regards to how our allies view him (actual allies, like NATO, no anti-American Russia), Obama crushes Bush: 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/24/7-charts-on-how-the-world-views-president-obama/

Jimbo1337 said:
Insidb said:

Sorry I don't read liberal propaganda

Reading is fundamental.

Jimbo1337 said:
barneystinson69 said:

*Megaphone in hand* He's lying to you! You're being dupped! He's full of shit! *puts down megaphone*

Anyways, in 2007 the congressional Research Office looked at the cost to build a 700 mile "wall" (read: double fence) like the one Trump wants. $49 billion to build and maintain. In 2015 dollars, that's 56 billion dollars. Oh, and remember that it's $56 billion without factoring in the costs of the extra officers and equipment that would be needed to actually, you know, man that wall, or the costs of patrolling the lakes it would cross, or the added cost of building on the mountains it would go over.

Oh, and maybe somone should point out that the Illegal Immigrant population in the U.S. has been largely the same since 2009. 11.3 million in 2009, 11.3 million in 2014.

Trump is making a mountain out of a mole hill to scare people who don't know any better.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Jimbo1337 said:

*Megaphone in hand* He's lying to you! You're being dupped! He's full of shit! *puts down megaphone*

Anyways, in 2007 the congressional Research Office looked at the cost to build a 700 mile "wall" (read: double fence) like the one Trump wants. $49 billion to build and maintain. In 2015 dollars, that's 56 billion dollars. Oh, and remember that it's $56 billion without factoring in the costs of the extra officers and equipment that would be needed to actually, you know, man that wall, or the costs of patrolling the lakes it would cross, or the added cost of building on the mountains it would go over.

Oh, and maybe somone should point out that the Illegal Immigrant population in the U.S. has been largely the same since 2009. 11.3 million in 2009, 11.3 million in 2014.

Trump is making a mountain out of a mole hill to scare people who don't know any better.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/