By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 in 2016? Voting: PS4 wins 6:1

I choose...

PS4 798 84.18%

XB1 150 15.82%

Total:948

The PS4 has a stronger lineup, specially in the JRPG department.

Also, why is Persona 5 in the console exclusive category? I know it comes to the PS3 as well, but that means it's exclusive to the PS platforms (so no console exclusive because it's on two PS devices but no PC version).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
betacon said:
AsGryffynn said:

Indeed, and I am happy for the PS4 fans that have lots of games... it's when the trolls start shitting on your console that I feel offended...

That;s kinda umm, why would you care what someone says about a console it's not your girlfriend.

I don't normally, but after a while, it starts looking like they are trying to sell you a PS4 and convincing you to throw away or ignore your XONE even though you actually are grossed out by some of the games for that console.

AEGRO said:
Porcupine_I said:
AEGRO said:
Just for curiosity.

Have anyone made a list where the Xbox One ends on top?

I have seen lists where the Wii U have the better rated exclusives and what not, but in my time being a VG Charter, i have never seen any list of anything that the Xbox One wins.

If there is one, please link me to it.

OP: I choose the Ps4 list, even tho im also interested in a couple Xbox One exclusives, mostly Quantum Break because i love Remedy.

I heard Xbox One topped the category "most new silver accounts on a rainy tuesday"

Not here, but Gfaqs had a few and I am pretty sure it topped the month's release at some point (during Titanfall's release)...

Faelco said:
Puppyroach said:
To the OP: So, MS has a user base of some 220 million on their platform going into 2016, considering X1 and PC share the same OS now. You can sit and be happy about your games tied to one machine (and there seem to be great games there) while I enjoy being part of the MS community of over 200 million :).

Best MS PR of the gen so far. 

OT: I like japanese games, so PS4 is a no brainer. Persona 5, Gravity Rush, Nier, Nep Nep VII, DR3... Even for western games only, Uncharted 4 and Horizon are the most interesting games this year.  

And this is what I was referring to...

And liking Neptunia only furthers my point. I won't touch your machine with a stick unless they are all scrapped, removed from PSN AND stores and all the fans either leave for PC or the PSVita, since everything goes for PC and I will be dropping the Vita as well in the near future...

I am still having a royally hard time believing Aksys bundled an Idea Fuck game with a blowup doll...

NobleTeam360 said:
I want almost every game under Xbox One's list. Can't say the same for the PS4's list though

This. I am interested in Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank and FFVIIR and since those will be released on Windows 10, I am settled. Any reasons I had to buy a PS4 literally hit a wall of Fort Knox the moment they announced their PC ports...

How to play Shenmue III on the XONE...

>Run on PC...

>Enable streaming

>Take your controller

>Shut up and enjoy the damn show brought to you by the guys that are so not-Sega...

I Cannot understand what you tried to say, First thing is that Final Fantasy VII, from 1998 already was avaliable on Windows, so is not a Surprise at all, and the Other Games you said will never make their Debuts on PC.

The Second thing is that a "Console Exclusive" Means that you can play it on Your PC, and even if you Stream your PC, games for the Xbox One, you Will still need a Pc Gamer to run this, so if you could play the Game before there is No Difference in Using a Xbox One, to Plug the Game on your TV, or Using some Device to make the Computer's Screen, is Not Like Sony's Exclusives now are Avaliable on Xbox One, only Because you Can make what a 10US$ Cable can make, but now with your Xbox One.

PS4.

I'm looking forward to Street Fighter V, Nights of Azure, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Star Ocean: Faithlessness and Integrity, Nioh, Tales of Berseria, World of Final Fantasy, Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna, God Eater 2: Rage Burst and God Eater: Resurrection, and The King of Fighters XIV. None of those games are going to the Xbox One.

As for Xbox One, I'm looking forward to just Gears of War 4, since Scalebound was delayed to 2017.

PS4 is the only way to play: Uncharted 4, Hotizon, the Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, and Ratchet & Clank reboot.
XB1 is the only way to play Quantum Break.
Yeah, this year is kind of lopsided to my tastes.

Aerys said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait what? How? What games are AAA for XB and what games are AAA for PS? Did I miss something?

OT:

The winner is the console with the games you prefer....for me that is PS4 but Quantum Break, Gears 4 and Scalebound are my most aniticipated XB1 titles!

Well Scalebound has been delayed, thats why you see so much PS4

But that person I quoted said the XB had 4 AAA games and the PS4 only had 1 so I was wondering what games because I saw more than 1 on PS4.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Potterfan95 said:
AsGryffynn said:

NobleTeam360 said:
I want almost every game under Xbox One's list. Can't say the same for the PS4's list though

This. I am interested in Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank and FFVIIR and since those will be released on Windows 10, I am settled. Any reasons I had to buy a PS4 literally hit a wall of Fort Knox the moment they announced their PC ports...

>Run on PC...

>Enable streaming

>Take your controller

>Shut up and enjoy the damn show brought to you by the guys that are so not-Sega...

But Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank are not coming to PC. :)

OT I'm not interested in all those games but PS4 wins for me. TLG, Uncharted 4, Horizon, Ratchet and Clank and Persona 5 are the ineresting PS4 exclusives. Gears Of War 4 and Quantum Break on XB1.

I know. A few games will outright remain unplayable to me sadly, but I have a brother with a PS4 so I will simply play those there since he's also interested in those...

Faelco said:
AsGryffynn said:
betacon said:
AsGryffynn said:

Indeed, and I am happy for the PS4 fans that have lots of games... it's when the trolls start shitting on your console that I feel offended...

That;s kinda umm, why would you care what someone says about a console it's not your girlfriend.

I don't normally, but after a while, it starts looking like they are trying to sell you a PS4 and convincing you to throw away or ignore your XONE even though you actually are grossed out by some of the games for that console.

AEGRO said:
Porcupine_I said:
AEGRO said:
Just for curiosity.

I have seen lists where the Wii U have the better rated exclusives and what not, but in my time being a VG Charter, i have never seen any list of anything that the Xbox One wins.

OP: I choose the Ps4 list, even tho im also interested in a couple Xbox One exclusives, mostly Quantum Break because i love Remedy.

I heard Xbox One topped the category "most new silver accounts on a rainy tuesday"

Not here, but Gfaqs had a few and I am pretty sure it topped the month's release at some point (during Titanfall's release)...

Faelco said:
Puppyroach said:
To the OP: So, MS has a user base of some 220 million on their platform going into 2016, considering X1 and PC share the same OS now. You can sit and be happy about your games tied to one machine (and there seem to be great games there) while I enjoy being part of the MS community of over 200 million :).

OT: I like japanese games, so PS4 is a no brainer. Persona 5, Gravity Rush, Nier, Nep Nep VII, DR3... Even for western games only, Uncharted 4 and Horizon are the most interesting games this year.  

And liking Neptunia only furthers my point. I won't touch your machine with a stick unless they are all scrapped, removed from PSN AND stores and all the fans either leave for PC or the PSVita, since everything goes for PC and I will be dropping the Vita as well in the near future...

I am still having a royally hard time believing Aksys bundled an Idea Fuck game with a blowup doll...

NobleTeam360 said:

>Run on PC...

>Enable streaming

>Take your controller

So you are grossed out by Neptunia and can't even touch a Playstation because of this, but you will play Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank on PC (lol btw), THE home of eroge? 

I don't care if you have a PS4, Xbox One or Ouya, but you're wrong if you think the Xbox is the place to be for japanese games, and you shouldn't be here if you're angry because I just gave my opinion of the games I'm looking forward to. 

PC is an open platform. You develop for it and nothing can stop you. PS4 is not, so I'd expect that either they fully open their platform or keep tabs more closely on what is developed for it...

And no, I don't think that (and who the hell owns an Ouya?) but I can still like Japanese games. I just play those on PC and stream over to my XONE. End of story.

Swordmasterman said:
AsGryffynn said:
betacon said:
AsGryffynn said:

AEGRO said:
Porcupine_I said:
AEGRO said:
Just for curiosity.

Faelco said:
Puppyroach said:

NobleTeam360 said:

>Run on PC...

>Enable streaming

>Take your controller

I Cannot understand what you tried to say, First thing is that Final Fantasy VII, from 1998 already was avaliable on Windows, so is not a Surprise at all, and the Other Games you said will never make their Debuts on PC.

The Second thing is that a "Console Exclusive" Means that you can play it on Your PC, and even if you Stream your PC, games for the Xbox One, you Will still need a Pc Gamer to run this, so if you could play the Game before there is No Difference in Using a Xbox One, to Plug the Game on your TV, or Using some Device to make the Computer's Screen, is Not Like Sony's Exclusives now are Avaliable on Xbox One, only Because you Can make what a 10US$ Cable can make, but now with your Xbox One.

The word surprise was nowhere on my post. 

And your point is? Streaming allows me to do it on the XONE, since I frown gaming on a laptop, so this is an advantage for me, specially after upgrading my non gaming laptop to gaming tier (Nvidia GPU, 8GBDDR3RAM and a newer case and upgrade to Windows 10). 

I simply prefer gaming on my TV and only using Steam and the Xbox on PC catalog for downloading games to my XONE or streaming them there...

NobleTeam360 said:

Thing is though, the PS4 has so much more to offer that your point is kinda irrelevant, at least how you worded it.  I mean if I say I want Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ratchet, SFV, The Last Guardian, and No Mans Sky but fk the JRPGs (this is only an example, as I like JRPGs) and on X1 I want Gears 4, Recore (which we still know nothing about), Crackdown 3 and Quantum Break then the PS4 still wins.

This is why it is good to have more releases overall catering to many tastes.  A mere fraction of any combonation based  on personal taste from the PS4 exclusive library  in comparison to the entire X1 exclusive offering will usually  result in PS4 winning everytime in 2016.  There are exceptions sure, but this year will be very one sided in most cases in favor of PS4.  Just sayin. ;)

BTW I am not attacking your post.  I like my X1, but I just felt like making this point and yours happend to be the perfect one to quote a reply to.  =P

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

flint said:
DJEVOLVE said:
flint said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Windows 10 and Xbox one I'm counting as exclusive. If I buy one on the Xbox One, I also own it on my Windows 10 etc... They are now the same and this is splitting hairs. MS owns both and should be seen as an exclusive.

If you want you can buy any of those games on a PC without owning an XB1. The cross buy is great, but not strictly relevant. You can buy any of the PS4 console exclusives without owning a PS4. In this old fashioned console showdown, so same thing. Also this is PS4 vs XB1 not Sony vs Microsoft etc etc. So in short, no, please don't try to spin things here. Either to convince yourself or others.

I'm stating it and yes it is now fact. Sony doesn't own window 10 nor any windows. The rules have changed, if you can't accept that, than don't make these threads to split peas.

Sony has never owned those platforms. The rules haven't changed they have always been the same. And those aren't the rules we are playing by anyway.

Actually these are the rules we are playing by, I stated it before and who gets to make the rules? This biased site. C'mon, I took over long ago. See I'm a veteran and have seniority.  Windows 10 and Xbox One are Exclusive games, Splitting hairs is really just that and anyone on the outside world see's it this way to. Oh PS4 doesn't have it and it's on all current MS products, yes. Exclusive.

Shiken said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Windows 10 and Xbox one I'm counting as exclusive. If I buy one on the Xbox One, I also own it on my Windows 10 etc... They are now the same and this is splitting hairs. MS owns both and should be seen as an exclusive.

Cool now I shall include PSNow and PS Vue on the Playstation side.  Sony owns both of these and if you have it on PS4 you have it on all other compatible devices, and vice versa.

See what I did there?  You are really reaching with that argument, but it works both ways so whatever helps you sleep at night.  =P

none of this keeps me up. Does it you? I'm really sorry if it does. seems most live to trash Xbox and that's it. So you name a TV Service and Psnow is all games from the past, not new games. You are just rambling on, i see you can't handle the truth and it's keeping you up at night. "Another night with no sleep, damn Xbox has one up my me, MEH!" must got to threads and downplay..

P.S. why is your friends Xbox One account in your sig?

DJEVOLVE said:

That doesn't make sense because Microsoft doesn't collect platform fees. It's an open platform.  Not sure how else to explain this. I can make a PC game for PC and I don't have to pay Microsoft a damn thing. Xbox does have platform fees and thus is a different platform.  Also every game on Xbox is not available on PC and vice versa.  

When developers list platforms for their game they differentiate between PC and console.