By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Berseria - New setting details & screenshots

Some of those pics look good/decent, especially that forest. Definitely looks better than the Xillias/Zestiria.

I'm interested in the battle system, if the free run mode will be the default mode, then the Linear Motion battle system won't be that linear :P

Pls show more characters

Around the Network

Man, I don't think I can do another one. They're coming out too fast and they're too similar. Maybe if the writing gets better, I'll pick it up. The writing for Graces F and Xilia/2 were just too cheesy to me and thus I never beat them. This does show some promise though.

LipeJJ said:
It's actually improving! Now it looks like a 2008 PS3/360 game, which is good I guess. :P

Berseria it is actually also available on PS3. PS3/PS4/PC are the platforms.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
outlawauron said:
Mad55 said:
outlawauron said:
Mad55 said:
Why is Tales of Vesperia still the best looking Tales?

It was cell-shaded and that covers up a lot of problems. Vesperia isn't the best technically.

>Vesperia looks the best period to me. What exactly do you mean by technically?

It's like saying that Wind Waker is better looking than Twilight Princess. The art style of Vesperia has allowed it to age very well, it's not the best in the series. Not that it really matters because Tales games have always been kinda subpar graphically.

Windwaker is better looking than Twilight princess to me for a lot fo reasons. I get what your saying though. Vepseria had these flat textures that came off as really clean and vivid the cel shading helped it a lot and thats why I probably think it looks better. 

@bold the thing about that is when Vesperia came out I didnt think that, I was like wow this is a great looking game I have never thought that about another tales game since.  In terms of graphics anyways. 

But I guess enough about that, I love Tales games and gotta catch back up soon. I needs that Zesteria real quick like. 

deskpro2k3 said:
LipeJJ said:
It's actually improving! Now it looks like a 2008 PS3/360 game, which is good I guess. :P

Well, not in Japan. It's only PS3/4 there. They're doing a PC port for the West and I'm pretty sure the PS3 version isn't coming to the West as well. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

It looks ok, but it's plainly obvious they still haven't changed the engine they use to make the Tales series from the PS3 days.
I'd like them to update it or change it to a much more suited engine for the current gen consoles.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

deskpro2k3 said:
LipeJJ said:

I know. Hopefully the next tales game is only PS4/PC and does not include the PS3.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won