By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Gaming Predictions For 2016

Zelda wii u is going to be the next ocarina of time

Around the Network

NX will be released in November
Zelda WiiU will be released the same day, will not have a NX version but if you run the WiiU-version on NX it will have exclusive content, think Oracle-series on GBA
PS VR will be a massive bomb
Uncharted 4 will be OK, media will call it the greatest masterpiece
Red Dead Sequel will finally be annouced in the Spring and release this fall
There will be no new Assassin's Creed this year, but a enhanced port of the Ezio trilogy that will have new content that will connect it to the movie
Mass Effect Andromeda will not be released this year

ArchangelMadzz said:
jason1637 said:
NX sells 4 million and the world goes crazy for Nintendo.
PS4 outsells wii u and x1
FE Fates does really well in the west.
XB1 peak year.
No Mans Sky is as good as the Order 1886 and sells around the same.

You better have though the Order was absolutely amazing.

I actually enjoyed what I've played of it. The only problem I had was that I couldn't interact with the world and it was so damn short. But i finished it in 5 hours at a friends. 

Also Zelda U will release November 2016 and release March 2017 on NX.

nostradamus time... Lets see what my crystal ball tells me..

Uncharted 4 scores 92+ metacritic score.
Horrizon Zero dawn scores 90+ metacritics score.
Persona 5 will sell much higher than Persona 4 did (the 3rd and 4th are like hidden gems, the internet exsists now).
PS VR will be 299 and have a slow start, but sell well enough (higher than most here think).
Street Fighter V will be the best selling street fighter game since the 2nd game.
By end of year, PS4 will be over 55million units sold.

Nintendo releases the NX around november/december this year.
Zelda U releases in during the holidays this year (its not delayed into 2017).
Zelda U scores lower than normal metacritic wise (struggle adapting to open world).
SMTxFE (flops in the west, its a weird mix and the idol thingy will turn people away from it).

Crackdown will have issues on launch and far into it, due to the network&server loads (if it sells well).
Quantum break will score high on metacritics (90+).
Scalebound is going to flop (the issues it had last time they showed it, didnt impress me).
ReCore is pushed back to 2017.

Around the Network

-No Man Sky presents various issues due to how big the world is, tough the problems will show up AFTER the game is released so it'll get an 80-ish metascore and nobody will remember to change their review

-Horizon Zero Dawn's rlease date will be announced AFTER the release date of Zelda U;

-VR doesn't get popular because it costs too much $$$ and because people don't want to look dumb wearing big headsets that cover their eyes;

-Persona 5 is released by the end of the year due to making shure it doesn't affect FFXV's sales;

-Vita stays Morta (note: "Vita" means "life" in italian while "Morta" means "dead");

-None of the big KickStarter games of last year (excluding Mighty N. 9 of course) releases;

-Kojima announces KickStarter to support it's new game, the goal for the campaign is 10M or more;

-Kojima's campaign gets funded;

-ReCore gets delayed;

-Microsoft presents new gimmick;

-People listen too much to what Patchers and Spencer have to say;

-Zelda U is shown BEFORE TPHD releases;

-TPHD outsells WWHD before july;

-Pokémon Z or Pokémon X2/Y2 gets announced AND released in 2016 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Pokémon;

-Pokémon GO prints money ;

-Zelda Wii U releases in Q4, it'll get a cross release with NX as a launch title;

-Nintendo counfirms Project Guard and Project Robot to either be implemented in Star Fox Zero or to be cancelled;

-Nintendo presents a New IP, people's reaction is underwelmed;

-Pikmin 4 is announced at E3 2016;

-People complain about how Nintendo handled the 30th anniversary of Metroid;

-Metroid Prime: Federation Force is either cancelled or heavily changed;

This will be a good year!!

Persona 5 and FFXV will launch apart from each so they do not steal each others sales
Mother 3 is finally released in the west on the Wii U Virtual Console
Pikmin 4 is announced at E3 2016
ReCore is delayed
A new mainseries pokemon game is announced to celebrate the 20th anniversary of pokemon
Alot more footage of Zelda U including E3 2016
Twilight Princess HD outsells Wind Waker HD
NX is shown off at E3 2016 and suceeds both wii u and 3ds
Square Enix announces many games for the NX
Fire Emblem Fates outsells Fire emblem Awakening
VR flops due to it being expensive and making you look like a moron
Rocksteady announces GTAV VR support which brings VR back
Rise of the tomb raider sells well on PS4
Persona 5 becomes the highest selling persona game due to it being on both ps3 and ps4
Persona 5 uncharted 4 and horizon zero dawn all get very high metacritic scores
NX gets large amount of 3rd party support announced

May have missed a few things but thats it for me lets see how this year goes!!

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

- The Last Guardian and Horizon get delayed to next year.
- Quantum brake will flop like the Order1886, Scalebound will be the highest crtiticley acclaimed game in the consoles lifetime and save the day.
- Microsofts stocks will collapse.
- God of War 4 will be announced and released the same year.
- The NX will launch in November 2016, the Console and Handheld version will have the same architecture and sharing the same cartridges but sold seperatley. The console version will be as powerfull as the Wii U and cost 200$, playing games with better performance than the handheld. There will be no gimmick controllers, both will completley sell out in 2016 and be the next wii.

Since the kind of games that get GOTY awards tend to be big-budget, heavily-marketed and nothing too edgy, I'm going to go right ahead now and say the GOTY contenders for 2016 are, depressingly, already pretty easy to spot. It's going to be between Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn and the new Zelda for most of the awards.

Outside chances could be XCOM 2 and Mirror's Edge 2.

Also predicting that most of the big-budget releases (including at least a couple of the ones I mentioned) will be massively overrated by critics and then by fans who lack the ability to think for themselves.

The trend of open-world games releasing slightly broken will continue.

Konami, EA, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. and Activision will all continue to be insufferable.

I'll have to sit through far too many Hirai memes as a result of the more obnoxious factions of the PS4 fandom.

Most people on gaming forums will continue to speculate needlessly about the NX because they apparently have nothing better to do.

Ruler said:

- The Last Guardian and Horizon get delayed to next year.
- Quantum brake will flop like the Order1886, Scalebound will be the highest crtiticley acclaimed game in the consoles lifetime and save the day.
- Microsofts stocks will collapse.
- God of War 4 will be announced and released the same year.
- The NX will launch in November 2016, the Console and Handheld version will have the same architecture and sharing the same cartridges but sold seperatley. The console version will be as powerfull as the Wii U and cost 200$, playing games with better performance than the handheld. There will be no gimmick controllers, both will completley sell out in 2016 and be the next wii.

Its weird... I think the reverse will be true. Quantum break will do well, and Scalebound is going to be the flop.

Microsofts stock collapseing? huh? why?

I really hope your right about the NX controllers.