By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One advertisements were EXTREMELY good during the holiday season in Italy !

I've been watching TV a little more during the holiday season and I have to say that since the first few days something was clear to me: there were WAAAAAAY more Ads for Xbox One than for PS4 ! That's a huge thing right there considering that a few months ago Sony claimed that 70-80% of the 8th gen consoles in Italy are PS4 ! But that's not all, in fact many popular games among the Italian gamers, FIFA 16 and AC: Syndicate more than anyone else were advertised FOR Xbox, and that's the first time I've seen something similar happening ! 

Microsoft also did a pretty good job with collaboration ads with Coca Cola and Mc Donald's advertising sweepstakes for X1 consoles for those who bought the products of the two compaines. While Mc Donald's has a bad reputation in Italy, they still have a huge market, especially in the biggest cities of the country.

Keep Up MS, for a more balanced market !

Around the Network

And the sad thing is they're probably still getting outsold 4:1 because it's Europe and Europe hates America.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
And the sad thing is they're probably still getting outsold 4:1 because it's Europe and Europe hates America.

Europe doesn't hate America. By your logic Apple, Nike and all the others American companies should be having a hard time in Europe.  

I can see the Italian charts now. Not a single Xbox game in it

A lot advertising doesnt mean its effectice and you will sell a lot, here in Germany i watch barely TV, but i can agree on your view, here is waaaaay more Xboxcommercials than Playstation since MONTHS and now look at the Sales ! Sony doesnt need much commercials in Europe, maybe UK because PS4 does it by itself!^^

Around the Network

Thats really cool. I do like how Microsoft is far from giving up.

Even though their console isn't selling as well as the other competitor, they are still giving their all. Unlike some company which have their console/handheld selling quite bad compared to its competitor, the company itself feels like their not even trying. Not even making people talk about it or even showing some of its software and hardware sales.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

Even though their console isn't selling as well as the other competitor, they are still giving their all. Unlike some company which have their console/handheld selling quite bad compared to its competitor, the company itself feels like their not even trying. Not even making people talk about it or even showing some of its software and hardware sales.

Don't be silly. If you're talking about Nintendo, they always make public their hardware and software sales during their investors meeting. To be fair 3DS isn't pulling DS numbers, but it just destroyed PS vita this gen. Wii U hasn't sold well, however you shouldn't forget that Nintendo is about to enter the mobile game market and release a new home console next year. 

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 11 September 2018

Doesn't mean anything tbh.
Here in Germany you also often see a lot Wii U ads but in the most shops it isn't available anymore.

danielrdp said:
Jranation said:

Don't be silly. If you're talking about Nintendo, they always make public their hardware and software sales during their investors meeting. To be fair 3DS isn't pulling DS numbers, but it just destroyed PS vita this gen. Wii U hasn't sold well, however you shouldn't forget that Nintendo is about to enter the mobile game market and release a new home console next year. 

What if i wasn't talking about Nintendo? 

Pocky Lover Boy!