By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anybody else just buy COD for the campaign?

Call of Duty is a series that I have a love/hate relationship with. I like the single player campaign modes (mostly), but I really suck at the competitive online multiplayer and believe me I have tried to improve, it just isnt for me. With online multiplayer being the integral part of the COD experience and single player being so short, I tend to buy older call of duty games cheap or pre-owned just to beat the campaign. Does anybody else here buy COD just to play through the campaign? and more significantly do you pay full price? Just curious thats all.

Around the Network

Cod campaigns are like (most) big budget action movies: Overall enjoyable spectacles if you can turn of your brain for a few hours.

That said, no, I buy CoD once every 3 years (more often than that and I'd get burnt out), and I do play quite a bit of multiplayer. I do play through the campaign though.

Whenever I get to try out the new CoD, I usually am just interested in the campaign.

Not saying much, since the story of most CoDs bore me to death, and the multiplayer is more or less the same thing every time.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I bought BO3 for the campaign and zombie mode which is good for those who suck at online multiplayer

I used to buy COD only for the campaign, from World at War through to Ghosts.

When it stopped coming to Wii/Wii U, I stopped buying it.

Around the Network

I buy ti because most of the people I hang out with buy it. I don't like being left out of things like that. The only cod I really enjoyed is MW series and the WW2 games.

Teeqoz said:
Cod campaigns are like (most) big budget action movies: Overall enjoyable spectacles if you can turn of your brain for a few hours.

Hit the nail on the head there. I tend to have big involving games on the go, like say Xenoblade X, Fallout 4, MGSV etc. However I can get burnt out on big quests and exploring huge worlds, that I always have something else on the go thats just simple and able to shut your brain down. Thats where the COD campaign comes in, or pick up and play games like Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad etc. 

I broke my activision embargo and bought BO3. I hated it, 5/10. Only reason I did was because I heard it was better. But it wasn't, so its the last one I'm buying. The last campaign that was really good was World at War, and the last good multiplayer was MW2. After that, it was downhill.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Yes, i buy COD for campaign, except Modern Warfare, Ghosts & Advanced Warfare, i honestly don't have those, just COD 1, 2, 3, World At War & Black Ops series in my shelf.

Yep, i only play the campaign of Call Of Duty, and pretty much every other game.