By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was the 2DS and New 3DS a waste of time for Nintendo?

Wait 2DS will launch in Japan with Pokemon yellow/blue and red?

I missed that!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

A lot of little children buy 2DS bundles, and that's it. The 2DS managed its purpose, to sell some units to very little children. The N3DS is different, it didn't sell nearly as much as Nintendo wanted to turn the N3DS into a GC/Wii port machine.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I have all revisions, so no. Still waiting for a price cut or deal on vita.

When does the 2ds launch in japan? Also seems like the N3ds is doing great 5 million already.

Nah I don't think it was a waste. More variety in products and price points means a greater possibility of gaining new customers. The N3DS is a nice upgrade to those who already own the older model as well as being a great system for new users. The 2DS is a great option for those with a smaller budget.

And about the exclusive games, I don't believe Nintendo ever fully intended in making a multitude of them for the N3DS. It would've just caused more headaches than it would've been worth. So ultimately I think these revisions were merely to boost sales (as well as excitement) by incentivizing existing users to upgrade to the N3DS and gaining new customers through the lower priced 2DS.

What do you mean from the bit about "more rushed jobs" though?

Around the Network

We shall never know

They did their part to boost sales and reinvigorate life into the system, so no, I don't think it was a waste

A quick way to make more money without having to create a whole new system

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Both 2DS and New 3DS sold several millions of consoles, so...no. From the point of view of Nintendo, they were worth it.

its still down yoy, so i would say it was a waste

Actually the New 3DS made the original 3DS+XL Cheaper!

Pocky Lover Boy!