By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Koei Tecmo imply NX is a home console

Pavolink said:
The NXHandheldGroup is getting smaller with every interview.

As long as the Fusion idea stays safe, I'm good.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Very intresting. On the subject of koei tecmo and nintendo I would love to see a fire emblem warriors game similar to hyrule warriors on the NX. NX is looking good so far however they will need alot to even come close to the monster that is the PS4.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

E3 can't come soon enough...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

SJReiter said:

Nah I mean I can see it. The interviewer asked about the current state of home consoles in Japan and then Erikawa brought up NX on his own. Would be strange of him to do that if NX was indeed a handheld. 

All he said was that Nintendo announced new machine. That's not him saying it's anything. I'm all for NX speculation, but this is literally nothing.

Pavolink said:
The NXHandheldGroup is getting smaller with every interview.

This

But I still think It's a home console with a handheld as a controller

Around the Network

Shouldn't this belong in the NX thread?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

spemanig said:
SJReiter said:

Nah I mean I can see it. The interviewer asked about the current state of home consoles in Japan and then Erikawa brought up NX on his own. Would be strange of him to do that if NX was indeed a handheld. 

All he said was that Nintendo announced new machine. That's not him saying it's anything. I'm all for NX speculation, but this is literally nothing.

Would still be odd of him to bring up NX if it weren't a home console considering the context of the conversation. 

spemanig said:
SJReiter said:

You're not considering the context...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Darwinianevolution said:
So it's either a full home console or a home console that has a mobile/handheld compatible with it. Handheld only option is now over. We need more information about it, dammit.

hard to believe that considering Nintendo's 3DS was there more successful wing this generation. I don't doubt there will be some sort of integration between home and handheld but they're not going to abandon focusing on arguably their most successful wing of business just because numbers went down between generations

mountaindewslave said:
Darwinianevolution said:
So it's either a full home console or a home console that has a mobile/handheld compatible with it. Handheld only option is now over. We need more information about it, dammit.

hard to believe that considering Nintendo's 3DS was there more successful wing this generation. I don't doubt there will be some sort of integration between home and handheld but they're not going to abandon focusing on arguably their most successful wing of business just because numbers went down between generations

Maybe they are keeping the fusion formula, but releasing them in different years? Maybe they start with the home console and then release the handheld in 2017, to give the NX handheld more horsepower and keep the 3DS alive one more year?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.