By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is a Masterpiece!

Will you buy Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Yes 128 38.91%

No 121 36.78%

Already have it! 80 24.32%

Total:329
AEGRO said:
theprof00 said:
d21lewis said:

You may be right. Especially this gen.  With the original Xbox, I have no experience so I can't speak.  With the 360, at least for the first several years, Xbox players spent tons of money on diverse software libraries.  With the Xbox One, people don't seem to want to support anything but a few select franchises.  The attach rate seems to be way down.  That's how it feels, at least.  

Well, that's partly because a lot of playstation 2 owners went with xbox360 since it was the first to release and pretty much outperformed ps3 in every way. If you recall, it wasn't like xbox OG sold a lot of diverse software. It was mainly their core franchises that did really well. Because of the entry cost of ps3 and the functional differences, a whole group of different gamers went to xbox, which expanded their demographic taste. This was further reinforced by the wave of people "jumping in" when kinect released.

But now, that situation is again reversed, and the migrants have returned to playstation. 

THIS.

The VideoGame panorama returned to normal this generation. Playstation on top and the competition battling for a second place. Last gen was a weird situation since the beginning and 7th gen is not a fan favorite as a whole among the people.

If you make a poll asking about the best games in each gen, people will divide between the 5th and the 6th gen. What do they have in common? A Playstation console ruling the market.

People will say that it is bullshit but when a Playstation console is on top, the market is healthier and the games are just better and more diverse.

Look at the resurgence of the JRPG genre thanks to the Ps4, and this is just one example.

Lets do some history here. 1st of all Sony is not the reason the gaming industry is healthier, its actually Nintendo, and most of its fans left to go to Playstation and Xbox. The most healthiest years of gaming is when Nintendo is on top just like last generation with every console selling well and Nintendo dominated top spot without a struggle, 7th gen is classed as one of the most successfull gaming genreations when you want to look at console and software sales. What Xbox did to PS is what PS did to Nintendo. Without Nintendo the industry falls even Sony admitted long ago saying they need Nintendo to strive. Nintendo bring in the none gamers which leads to a bigger industry.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/13/sony-we-need-nintendo-to-be-very-successful/

When it comes to game quality PS is far from the top, Sony opened the flood gates for all devs to make games, lowering the standard for qulaity games where Nintendo did the oppsite. Lets go compare how many bad N64 games there were to PS1 games and my point is proven. Same with the PS2 and Gamecube. Nintendo house the best reviewed exclusives and have brought this industry back on its feet single handedly.

JRPGs are not everything and if you havent notice the PC industry house the biggest JRPG range of games, not PS.

You love PS i can clearly see this but your opinions are really mislead to what you like then what actually is fact.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
d21lewis said:

You may be right. Especially this gen.  With the original Xbox, I have no experience so I can't speak.  With the 360, at least for the first several years, Xbox players spent tons of money on diverse software libraries.  With the Xbox One, people don't seem to want to support anything but a few select franchises.  The attach rate seems to be way down.  That's how it feels, at least.  

Well, that's partly because a lot of playstation 2 owners went with xbox360 since it was the first to release and pretty much outperformed ps3 in every way. If you recall, it wasn't like xbox OG sold a lot of diverse software. It was mainly their core franchises that did really well. Because of the entry cost of ps3 and the functional differences, a whole group of different gamers went to xbox, which expanded their demographic taste. This was further reinforced by the wave of people "jumping in" when kinect released.

But now, that situation is again reversed, and the migrants have returned to playstation. 

The situation is not as bad for Xbox One as it was for the PS3. MS has parity clause to protect itself, while early gen PS3 games often got sold weeks, months or even a year after the 360 version released.

Azzanation said:
AEGRO said:
theprof00 said:
d21lewis said:

THIS.

The VideoGame panorama returned to normal this generation. Playstation on top and the competition battling for a second place. Last gen was a weird situation since the beginning and 7th gen is not a fan favorite as a whole among the people.

If you make a poll asking about the best games in each gen, people will divide between the 5th and the 6th gen. What do they have in common? A Playstation console ruling the market.

People will say that it is bullshit but when a Playstation console is on top, the market is healthier and the games are just better and more diverse.

Look at the resurgence of the JRPG genre thanks to the Ps4, and this is just one example.

Lets do some history here. 1st of all Sony is not the reason the gaming industry is healthier, its actually Nintendo, and most of its fans left to go to Playstation and Xbox. The most healthiest years of gaming is when Nintendo is on top just like last generation with every console selling well and Nintendo dominated top spot without a struggle, 7th gen is classed as one of the most successfull gaming genreations when you want to look at console and software sales. What Xbox did to PS is what PS did to Nintendo. Without Nintendo the industry falls even Sony admitted long ago saying they need Nintendo to strive. Nintendo bring in the none gamers which leads to a bigger industry.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/13/sony-we-need-nintendo-to-be-very-successful/

When it comes to game quality PS is far from the top, Sony opened the flood gates for all devs to make games, lowering the standard for qulaity games where Nintendo did the oppsite. Lets go compare how many bad N64 games there were to PS1 games and my point is proven. Same with the PS2 and Gamecube. Nintendo house the best reviewed exclusives and have brought this industry back on its feet single handedly.

JRPGs are not everything and if you havent notice the PC industry house the biggest JRPG range of games, not PS.

You love PS i can clearly see this but your opinions are really mislead to what you like then what actually is fact.

Im bookmarking this post to answer it later, too lazy right now for long replys. 

• "Lets do some history here"
Lets. This happened when Nintendo was dominating the videogame industry in the 80's and early 90's. Total opression to the developers, ridiculous policies, companies going bankrupt, developers struggling to make money, etc.
"But the resulting tyranny ultimately led the cautious console manufacturer to lose the support and respect of the software community. Its infamous 10NES lockout system, which prohibited unlicensed software from running on the NES console without Nintendo’s approval and direct involvement, began to strangle game developers to the point of retaliation. The ‘Nintendo Seal of Quality’ was losing its golden lustre, the importance shifting from representing the quality of the game to demonstrating the obedience of the developer and its willingness to invest in the hallowed ‘Seal’.

Only permitted to release five games per yearwith those games being exclusive to the NES for a further two years – and severely restricted by stringent censorship policies, even a good game struggled to make money for the software companies. Through fair means and foul, game developers set aside almost as much time and effort for reverse engineering the aggravating security system as they did to creating new NES titles.

Nintendo’s retaliation was swift and characteristically severe, immediately targeting any insurgents with its deadly legal machine in an attempt to retain its once justified grip on the home console market."

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/uncategorised/nintendont-the-darker-side-of-nintendos-history/2/

Wow! Cant wait for Nintendo to rule the market again!

• "1st of all Sony is not the reason the gaming industry is healthier, its actually Nintendo, and most of its fans left to go to Playstation and Xbox"
Wii U Million Sellers:

1. Mario Kart 8 2014 Racing Nintendo 2.87 1.72 1.16 0.42 6.17
2. New Super Mario Bros. U 2012 Platform Nintendo 2.31 1.10 1.25 0.30 4.96
3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS 2014 Fighting Nintendo 2.50 0.81 0.71 0.26 4.28
4. Nintendo Land 2012 Misc Nintendo 2.51 1.00 0.45 0.29 4.26
5. Super Mario 3D World 2013 Platform Nintendo 1.98 0.93 0.67 0.25 3.84
6. Splatoon 2015 Shooter Nintendo 1.43 0.79 0.92 0.20 3.34
7. New Super Luigi U 2013 Platform Nintendo 1.26 0.59 0.17 0.16 2.18
8. Super Mario Maker 2015 Platform Nintendo 0.92 0.51 0.49 0.13 2.05
9. Wii Party U 2013 Misc Nintendo 0.32 0.43 0.83 0.08 1.66
10. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 2013 Action Nintendo 0.84 0.43 0.13 0.11 1.51
11. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 2014 Platform Nintendo 0.63 0.39 0.14 0.09 1.26
12. Mario Party 10 2015 Misc Nintendo 0.59 0.33 0.19 0.08 1.20
13. Hyrule Warriors 2014 Action Nintendo 0.56 0.33 0.13 0.08 1.10

All of them published by Nintendo. It is because of Nintendo that developers like Bethesda, Ubisoft, EA, Warner Bros, and the rest of the AAA developers/publishers are making money right now right?

So healthy!!!

• "The most healthiest years of gaming is when Nintendo is on top just like last generation with every console selling well and Nintendo dominated top spot without a struggle, 7th gen is classed as one of the most successfull gaming genreations when you want to look at console and software sales."
"Do you know how many game studios have closed during the outgoing generation? Over 150. It's a ridiculous number. A number so great, if we gave them all a round of applause or a 21-gun salute, we'd end up with red stumps for hands and at least one downed UFO."

So healthy!!! All of this happened during the 7th gen, where Nintendo ruled the market.

• "What Xbox did to PS is what PS did to Nintendo. Without Nintendo the industry falls even Sony admitted long ago saying they need Nintendo to strive. Nintendo bring in the none gamers which leads to a bigger industry."
5th GEN
1) Playstation: 104.25 Consoles Sold.
2) N64: 32.93 Consoles Sold.
---------------------------------------------------
 1) Playstation: 206 Million Sellers.
2) N64: 51 Million Sellers.
Q: Who benefited more the industry?
A: Playstation with more million sellers, a more diverse catalog and a cheaper format (CD).
6th GEN
1) Playstation 2: 157.68 Consoles Sold.
2) Xbox: 24.65 Consoles Sold.
3) Gamecube: 21.74 Consoles Sold.
1) Playstation 2: 325 Million Sellers.
2) Xbox: 54 Million Sellers.
3) Gamecube: 46 Million Sellers.
A: Well, looking at these numbers do i have to say more?
7th GEN
1) Wii: 101.18 Consoles Sold.
2) Playstation 3: 86.17 Consoles Sold.
3) Xbox 360: 85.18 Consoles Sold.
 1) Playstation 3: 239 Million Sellers.
2) Xbox 360: 231 Million Sellers.
3) Wii: 157 Million Sellers.
A: The Playstation 3 have managed to push more software than the competition, even tho it released a yer after the Xbox 360, and that it have sold less consoles than the Wii.
 The industry as a whole is bigger, but not because of Nintendo. Nintendo is shrinking more and more with each gen. The casuals that were hooked on the Wii migrated somewhere else, just look at the numbers.

• "When it comes to game quality PS is far from the top, Sony opened the flood gates for all devs to make games, lowering the standard for qulaity games where Nintendo did the oppsite. Lets go compare how many bad N64 games there were to PS1 games and my point is proven. Same with the PS2 and Gamecube. Nintendo house the best reviewed exclusives and have brought this industry back on its feet single handedly."
Sigh...you do you even know what you are talking about? Like really.
Playstation:
90+ Metascored Games: 29
80-89 Metascored Games: 55
N64:
90+ Metascored Games: 17
80-89 Metascored Games: 25
WINNER: Playstation.
 Playstation 2:
90+ Metascored Games: 58
80-89 Metascored Games: 250
Gamecube:
90+ Metascored Games: 26
80-89 Metascored Games: 98
WINNER: Playstation 2.
Playstation 3:
90+ Metascored Games: 52
80-89 Metascored Games: 345
Wii:
90+ Metascored Games: 14
89-89 Metascored Games: 91
WINNER: Playstation 3.

Numbers dont lie.

• "You love PS i can clearly see this but your opinions are really mislead to what you like then what actually is fact."
Numbers and Facts =/= Opinions.
Who is the one misleading? Me with the numbers? Or you talking out of your ass?

Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:

So you would have bought a ps4 if it was the other way around just to play Tomb Raider early? I don't think so, you would have probably waited for the pc version instead because if I remember correctly, SE announced the ps4/pc version before the xb1 version released.  Anyway, ps4 owners gonna have options now with the PC version.  In the same way you have a xb1/pc combo, there are ps owners that also play games on PC so if they really want to play the game that badly, the game will be out in less than a month.

that some ps4 owners decided to not buy a xb1 just to play one game 1 year before is SE fault for announcing that the game is coming to ps4 before it launched.  If anything, SE sabotaged the game on xb1.  Maybe the sales would have been better if SE announced the ps4 version a few months later after the xb1 version release.

I already own a PS4 and i dont restrict myself and boycott games because of a deal like half the fanboy base is saying on the net. Dont act like you dont hear/read gamers say i wont be buying TR because of MS and SE. I read comments like them all the time. Will see if the players put there money where there mouth is. Iv played TR, i couldnt care what platform i brought it on, i went X1 because it was availble on it first. Smart move by MS because i would have brought it on PC otherwise like i did with the Reboot, deals like that happen. In my opinion if you like Uncharted and TLOU then this game is a no brainer. I found the Reboot better then Uncharted 3 and the sequal is just as good as TLOU but thats just me.

Its a great game that should be recongsized for its qulaity not its sales. DOesnt seem like gamers care so much for qulaity anymore just resolution and sales. The gaming community has fallen into a new low and iv been there from the very beginning. 

All i am reading now is ill buy the game in the bargain bin.. lol wtf? Honestly kids. ill guess ill buy UC4 when its in the bargain bin too. Thats how stupid most of the people in this thread sound. Its a bloody game, you buy it for your own pleasure not for someone elses.

bolded: of course I have read this but I also read a lot when xbox gamers put the game in their list war and still, they didn't put the money where their mouth is.  it goes both ways.  what you have to understand is that not everybody can justify buying another console just to have access to the game early, it might not make much sense for some gamers like me that are multiplatform gamers first and foremost and since I have a ps4, it's hard to justify a xb1 for just one game because I'm not into halo and this is coming from someone that had a xb360 last gen.  It might change next year but it is going to depend if scalebound and quantum break release next year.  For me, those are fresh and new ip that makes xb1 more appealing to me than the other franchises.

So you think those using TR as a list war debate dont own the game? I am very positive those defending TR actually own it. The game has sold over 500k not including digital. Your acting like the game didnt sell at all. I own the game and i am using TR as a list war debate because it is only available on XB1 which means it is a exclusive until its on another none Xbox system.

And there are tons of games on XB1 that are worth buying one for, TR is just the cream on top. I am saying this as a major PC gamer. I do own all the console and i prefer to play my games on PC but even i can recommand a XB1 because there are some great gems exclusive to it.

some of them did but some of them didnt and you have no evidence whatsoever that those defending it bought the game and sales of the game isnt in your favor.  If 500k plus digital (doubt it makes that much difference) is good to you for a franchise like tomb raider then you really had low expectations and please dont bring up legs because unless the game is massively bundle, it is not going to be great because xb1 isnt a WW console like ps4.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:

So you would have bought a ps4 if it was the other way around just to play Tomb Raider early? I don't think so, you would have probably waited for the pc version instead because if I remember correctly, SE announced the ps4/pc version before the xb1 version released.  Anyway, ps4 owners gonna have options now with the PC version.  In the same way you have a xb1/pc combo, there are ps owners that also play games on PC so if they really want to play the game that badly, the game will be out in less than a month.

that some ps4 owners decided to not buy a xb1 just to play one game 1 year before is SE fault for announcing that the game is coming to ps4 before it launched.  If anything, SE sabotaged the game on xb1.  Maybe the sales would have been better if SE announced the ps4 version a few months later after the xb1 version release.

I already own a PS4 and i dont restrict myself and boycott games because of a deal like half the fanboy base is saying on the net. Dont act like you dont hear/read gamers say i wont be buying TR because of MS and SE. I read comments like them all the time. Will see if the players put there money where there mouth is. Iv played TR, i couldnt care what platform i brought it on, i went X1 because it was availble on it first. Smart move by MS because i would have brought it on PC otherwise like i did with the Reboot, deals like that happen. In my opinion if you like Uncharted and TLOU then this game is a no brainer. I found the Reboot better then Uncharted 3 and the sequal is just as good as TLOU but thats just me.

Its a great game that should be recongsized for its qulaity not its sales. DOesnt seem like gamers care so much for qulaity anymore just resolution and sales. The gaming community has fallen into a new low and iv been there from the very beginning. 

All i am reading now is ill buy the game in the bargain bin.. lol wtf? Honestly kids. ill guess ill buy UC4 when its in the bargain bin too. Thats how stupid most of the people in this thread sound. Its a bloody game, you buy it for your own pleasure not for someone elses.

bolded: of course I have read this but I also read a lot when xbox gamers put the game in their list war and still, they didn't put the money where their mouth is.  it goes both ways.  what you have to understand is that not everybody can justify buying another console just to have access to the game early, it might not make much sense for some gamers like me that are multiplatform gamers first and foremost and since I have a ps4, it's hard to justify a xb1 for just one game because I'm not into halo and this is coming from someone that had a xb360 last gen.  It might change next year but it is going to depend if scalebound and quantum break release next year.  For me, those are fresh and new ip that makes xb1 more appealing to me than the other franchises.

So you think those using TR as a list war debate dont own the game? I am very positive those defending TR actually own it. The game has sold over 500k not including digital. Your acting like the game didnt sell at all. I own the game and i am using TR as a list war debate because it is only available on XB1 which means it is a exclusive until its on another none Xbox system.

And there are tons of games on XB1 that are worth buying one for, TR is just the cream on top. I am saying this as a major PC gamer. I do own all the console and i prefer to play my games on PC but even i can recommand a XB1 because there are some great gems exclusive to it.

some of them did but some of them didnt and you have no evidence whatsoever that those defending it bought the game and sales of the game isnt in your favor.  If 500k plus digital (doubt it makes that much difference) is good to you for a franchise like tomb raider then you really had low expectations and please dont bring up legs because unless the game is massively bundle, it is not going to be great because xb1 isnt a WW console like ps4.

Umm maybe because TR never sells well? Even on PS the franchise sells extremly low for its quality. As for some buy it and some dont, your belief is no different to mine and are only assuming those that debate using TR dont own the game based off its sales.

AEGRO said:

• "Lets do some history here"
Lets. This happened when Nintendo was dominating the videogame industry in the 80's and early 90's. Total opression to the developers, ridiculous policies, companies going bankrupt, developers struggling to make money, etc.
"But the resulting tyranny ultimately led the cautious console manufacturer to lose the support and respect of the software community. Its infamous 10NES lockout system, which prohibited unlicensed software from running on the NES console without Nintendo’s approval and direct involvement, began to strangle game developers to the point of retaliation. The ‘Nintendo Seal of Quality’ was losing its golden lustre, the importance shifting from representing the quality of the game to demonstrating the obedience of the developer and its willingness to invest in the hallowed ‘Seal’.

Only permitted to release five games per yearwith those games being exclusive to the NES for a further two years – and severely restricted by stringent censorship policies, even a good game struggled to make money for the software companies. Through fair means and foul, game developers set aside almost as much time and effort for reverse engineering the aggravating security system as they did to creating new NES titles.

Nintendo’s retaliation was swift and characteristically severe, immediately targeting any insurgents with its deadly legal machine in an attempt to retain its once justified grip on the home console market."

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/uncategorised/nintendont-the-darker-side-of-nintendos-history/2/

Wow! Cant wait for Nintendo to rule the market again!

• "1st of all Sony is not the reason the gaming industry is healthier, its actually Nintendo, and most of its fans left to go to Playstation and Xbox"
Wii U Million Sellers:

1. Mario Kart 8 2014 Racing Nintendo 2.87 1.72 1.16 0.42 6.17
2. New Super Mario Bros. U 2012 Platform Nintendo 2.31 1.10 1.25 0.30 4.96
3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS 2014 Fighting Nintendo 2.50 0.81 0.71 0.26 4.28
4. Nintendo Land 2012 Misc Nintendo 2.51 1.00 0.45 0.29 4.26
5. Super Mario 3D World 2013 Platform Nintendo 1.98 0.93 0.67 0.25 3.84
6. Splatoon 2015 Shooter Nintendo 1.43 0.79 0.92 0.20 3.34
7. New Super Luigi U 2013 Platform Nintendo 1.26 0.59 0.17 0.16 2.18
8. Super Mario Maker 2015 Platform Nintendo 0.92 0.51 0.49 0.13 2.05
9. Wii Party U 2013 Misc Nintendo 0.32 0.43 0.83 0.08 1.66
10. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 2013 Action Nintendo 0.84 0.43 0.13 0.11 1.51
11. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 2014 Platform Nintendo 0.63 0.39 0.14 0.09 1.26
12. Mario Party 10 2015 Misc Nintendo 0.59 0.33 0.19 0.08 1.20
13. Hyrule Warriors 2014 Action Nintendo 0.56 0.33 0.13 0.08 1.10

All of them published by Nintendo. It is because of Nintendo that developers like Bethesda, Ubisoft, EA, Warner Bros, and the rest of the AAA developers/publishers are making money right now right?

So healthy!!!

• "The most healthiest years of gaming is when Nintendo is on top just like last generation with every console selling well and Nintendo dominated top spot without a struggle, 7th gen is classed as one of the most successfull gaming genreations when you want to look at console and software sales."
"Do you know how many game studios have closed during the outgoing generation? Over 150. It's a ridiculous number. A number so great, if we gave them all a round of applause or a 21-gun salute, we'd end up with red stumps for hands and at least one downed UFO."

So healthy!!! All of this happened during the 7th gen, where Nintendo ruled the market.

• "What Xbox did to PS is what PS did to Nintendo. Without Nintendo the industry falls even Sony admitted long ago saying they need Nintendo to strive. Nintendo bring in the none gamers which leads to a bigger industry."
5th GEN
1) Playstation: 104.25 Consoles Sold.
2) N64: 32.93 Consoles Sold.
 1) Playstation: 206 Million Sellers.
2) N64: 51 Million Sellers.
A: Playstation with more million sellers, a more diverse catalog and a cheaper format (CD).
6th GEN
1) Playstation 2: 157.68 Consoles Sold.
2) Xbox: 24.65 Consoles Sold.
3) Gamecube: 21.74 Consoles Sold.
1) Playstation 2: 325 Million Sellers.
2) Xbox: 54 Million Sellers.
3) Gamecube: 46 Million Sellers.
A: Well, looking at these numbers do i have to say more?
7th GEN
1) Wii: 101.18 Consoles Sold.
2) Playstation 3: 86.17 Consoles Sold.
3) Xbox 360: 85.18 Consoles Sold.
 1) Playstation 3: 239 Million Sellers.
2) Xbox 360: 231 Million Sellers.
3) Wii: 157 Million Sellers.
A: The Playstation 3 have managed to push more software than the competition, even tho it released a yer after the Xbox 360, and that it have sold less consoles than the Wii.
 The industry as a whole is bigger, but not because of Nintendo. Nintendo is shrinking more and more with each gen. The casuals that were hooked on the Wii migrated somewhere else, just look at the numbers.

• "When it comes to game quality PS is far from the top, Sony opened the flood gates for all devs to make games, lowering the standard for qulaity games where Nintendo did the oppsite. Lets go compare how many bad N64 games there were to PS1 games and my point is proven. Same with the PS2 and Gamecube. Nintendo house the best reviewed exclusives and have brought this industry back on its feet single handedly."
Sigh...you do you even know what you are talking about? Like really.
Playstation:
90+ Metascored Games: 29
80-89 Metascored Games: 55
N64:
90+ Metascored Games: 17
80-89 Metascored Games: 25
WINNER: Playstation.
 Playstation 2:
90+ Metascored Games: 58
80-89 Metascored Games: 250
Gamecube:
90+ Metascored Games: 26
80-89 Metascored Games: 98
WINNER: Playstation 2.
Playstation 3:
90+ Metascored Games: 52
80-89 Metascored Games: 345
Wii:
90+ Metascored Games: 14
89-89 Metascored Games: 91
WINNER: Playstation 3.

Numbers dont lie.

• "You love PS i can clearly see this but your opinions are really mislead to what you like then what actually is fact."
Numbers and Facts =/= Opinions.
Who is the one misleading? Me with the numbers? Or you talking out of your ass?

So lets talk about it. The reason Nintendo started going down hill was due to PS, if PS wasnt around the N64 and Gamecube would have sold more same with Sega. Sony were also the ones that put Sega out of buisness. 3rd party companies exist because of PC not becasue of Sony. And they would have continued to exist due to Sega and PC. Your taking credit away from previous companies. Sure PS sells well but thats due to the lack of competition. Sony are in it for themselves and they will do the same with XBox. There PS1 and PS2 sales is what happens when you steal 2 fanbases away just like the WiiU and XB1 now.

Before Sony, there was a healthy gaming industry with the NES and SNES and Gameboys and Sega's Megadrives and Master System. All Sony did was take away Segas fanbase and most of NIntendos and took the sales ride. 

Also your metacritic example is a very poor example and is off topic as it does not show who has had the most bad games orginially stated by me. Sony would always win that catagory since it has more games (not rocket science) and most of them werent made by Sony, There library solely relied on 3rd party. Nintendo will have far less games and far lesser bad games. my PS1 had over 50+ games and only 7 of them i played and the rest were pretty bad. Where as my N64 just about half the games i played on it were decent if not great. Some of the greatest games of all time were not on the PS1 or PS2 but actually Nintendo.

The biggest problem with your info is your only going by the numbers and not the reasons. Also you claim Nintendo is shrinking yet it was only 1 generation ago they destroyed the competition and now they still own a monopoly in the handheld department and just to prove my point before, WiiU isnt selling aswell as the Wii, well guess where most of those gamers went this genretion? Thats right the PS4. Sony is not extending the competition its just taking away and from others. They have been doing it from the very beginning.

Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:

Umm maybe because TR never sells well? Even on PS the franchise sells extremly low for its quality. As for some buy it and some dont, your belief is no different to mine and are only assuming those that debate using TR dont own the game based off its sales.

or maybe because the reboot sold at least 2m on xb360 and ps3 each and the ps4 version sold at least 1m as a remaster and please dont bring up install base because there are a lot of games that sell better with less install base compare to their succesor.  as for the second, in the same way people add games in their 2016 list war without any confirmed date just to make a list look better than it already is, the same way some gamers add games to a list just to say my list is better than yours even if they arent interested in such genre.  it is a common thing to see between both fanbases. 

Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:

or maybe because the reboot sold at least 2m on xb360 and ps3 each and the ps4 version sold at least 1m as a remaster and please dont bring up install base because there are a lot of games that sell better with less install base compare to their succesor.  as for the second, in the same way people add games in their 2016 list war without any confirmed date just to make a list look better than it already is, the same way some gamers add games to a list just to say my list is better than yours even if they arent interested in such genre.  it is a common thing to see between both fanbases. 

Really dude? Your going to ignore the main reason the game sold more just for your argument? a game sells 2m on a console with 80m compare to a game sitting on over 500k on a console that sold 18m. Do the maths, the attach rate on the 360 and PS3 is shocking compared. TR does not sell well period.

Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:
Azzanation said:
Angelv577 said:

Really dude? Your going to ignore the main reason the game sold more just for your argument? a game sells 2m on a console with 80m compare to a game sitting on over 500k on a console that sold 18m. Do the maths, the attach rate on the 360 and PS3 is shocking compared. TR does not sell well period.

of course not but having bigger userbase doesnt guarantee having bigger sales.  uncharted 3 sold basically the same as uncharted 2 even with bigger userbase, same happened with multiple game, heck halo 5 is gonna have a hard time selling as good as halo 2 even when it is almost guarantee xb1 is gonna outsell the first xbox.  in other words, TR reboot might have sold the same even with less jnstallbase if the fanbase for the game is on that platform.  also good job ignoring how well the game sold on ps4, perhaps the fanbase is on ps4