By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 133 Japanese Devs pick their favorite games of 2015 - Splatoon comes out on top

This is ... odd. The Last Guardian/FFVII Remake? Tekken 7? Ace Combat 7?

I think I'm most impressed with The Witcher and Fallout 4 getting 7 votes each compared to Bloodborne and Mario Maker with 8 votes each. Also a fair number of indies on there, too. Japan's gaming tastes are expanding.

Around the Network

These guys know their job! Let the unwashed masses vote for witchers and such ;)

CU......or CF ?

For a sec, I thought the title said "L337 devs"... That would have been cool if they were L337. It's cool that Splatoon can get such good recognition on the Japanese side, though I wonder how some games not even released yet can even be voted on...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well deserved.

Congratz to nintendo for this masterpiece

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Wow, not even bad, I thought that most of the votes would have been from the teams that work with Nintendo such as Platinum, SEGA, Capcom and DeNa but compared to the ammount of members from this companies that were asked to vote the votes for Splatoon are surprisingly fair !

Go Hearthstone!

It's still my favorite game on the go.

Congrats to Nintendo. I'm disappointed not to see either Shinji Mikami nor Kojima on the list.

Splatoon, the game that no one expected to be successful, but ended up being one of the greatest games of 2015,

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

we dont know who thinks this, could be Nintendo developers themself, and japanese devs work all day what did you except? them having time to beat Bloodborne? of course the more casual game is going to win