By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii u had 60 exclusives in 2015 while the PC had 19, PS4 and 12, and the Xbox One had 3.

Dulfite said:
I'll take Shovelknight on Wii U over GTA 5 anyday..

Bazinga

Isn't Shovelknight on every platform?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The funny part about everyone getting pissed off at the "19 PC exclusive" is that PC doesn't even compete with consoles and the console industry. It's consumers are a different type of gamer as console gamers and the two industries don't overlap much.

This just shows exclusives can't carry a console anymore. All about the third party.

AlfredoTurkey said:
The funny part about everyone getting pissed off at the "19 PC exclusive" is that PC doesn't even compete with consoles and the console industry. It's consumers are a different type of gamer as console gamers and the two industries don't overlap much.

You could say the same about the wii u and ps4/Xbox one. That shouldn't stip people from making comparisons. But if you are going to make comparisons, don't make false accusations like pc only has 19 exclusives when we all know that's false

AlfredoTurkey said:

Speaking as one of many, many people who game on both PC and console, what are you talking about?

Actually, nevermind, because it doesn't even matter.  The point is that the makers of the video did a half-assed job using variable criteria, which makes it rather meaningless.  I'd say it's less "pissed off" than it is "lol wut."

Around the Network
pokoko said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Speaking as one of many, many people who game on both PC and console, what are you talking about?

Actually, nevermind, because it doesn't even matter.  The point is that the makers of the video did a half-assed job using variable criteria, which makes it rather meaningless.  I'd say it's less "pissed off" than it is "lol wut."

You think the average PS4 and Xbox One gamer, the majority of their sales, come from PC gamers or Steam users? Really? lol

AlfredoTurkey said:

You think the average PS4 and Xbox One gamer, the majority of their sales, come from PC gamers or Steam users? Really? lol

What ...?  You didn't say majority.  You said "don't overlap much".  Why would you try to change your words now?  Don't do that.  It's dishonest and everyone can see what you said before, anyway.

pokoko said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

What ...?  You didn't say majority.  You said "don't overlap much".  Why would you try to change your words now?  Don't do that.  It's dishonest and everyone can see what you said before, anyway.

Don't overlap "much"... is not don't overlap at all. I know SOME people game on Steam and on console. Just not much. Hense, "don't overlap much".

AlfredoTurkey said:
pokoko said:

Don't overlap "much"... is not don't overlap at all. I know SOME people game on Steam and on console. Just not much. Hense, "don't overlap much".

Which you then tried to retcon to "majority", for some odd reason.  Regardless, you really don't know anything, you're just making an assumption.  There is plenty of overlap between PC and consoles.  I know from the Steam threads that many gamers on these forums play on both.  Not that it matters much, as I've already said.

Of greater interest to me is how you completely avoided the main point of my comment.

Here, I'll repeat it for you:  

"Speaking as one of many, many people who game on both PC and console, what are you talking about?

Actually, nevermind, because it doesn't even matter.  The point is that the makers of the video did a half-assed job using variable criteria, which makes it rather meaningless.  I'd say it's less "pissed off" than it is "lol wut.""

pokoko said:

I know from the Steam threads that many gamers on these forums play on both.  Not that it matters much, as I've already said.

There's your problem. People like us, the ones who actually interact on gaming forums, make up a tiny, fraction of the overall pie. You or I are a vast, vast minority, posting our opinions within a bubble. Don't think for a second that we represent the gaming public, we don't.