Forums - Music Discussion - Favourite Music // 2015 Edition

1. Wilder Mind - Mumford and Sons
2. Dotted Line - Nickel Creek
3. Short Movie - Laura Marling
4. If I Was - The Staves
5. Beneath the Skin - Of Monsters and Men

Around the Network

1. Florence + the Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful

The weakest F+M album to-date, but still good. Three great songs (including the superb Make Up Your Mind, which was bizarrely omitted from the standard release) and five ok songs. 

2. Marilyn Manson - The Pale Emperor 

Two great songs and four good songs makes it a pretty good album for me.

3. Grimes - Art Angels

Easily Grimes' best album so far. Very easy to listen to - only three songs I don't like (which is a very low count for me for pretty much any album; by comparison How Big, How Blue has six and Pale Emperor has 7).

Two great songs (Realiti, Butterfly) and 9 decent songs.

4. Puscifer - Money Shot

Maynard's weakest album under the Puscifer moniker. It's not bad, it's just very bland. All of the songs are listenable but nothing stands out, which is a shame. I prefer an album to be 'half shit and half amazing' to all 'eh, it's ok, I suppose'.

5. The Prodigy - The Day is My Enemy

4 ok songs is enough for this to just scrape onto my list. The rest of the album is shit, but that's always been the case for Prodigy albums, even their breakout Fat of the Land. 

Honourable mention:

Björk - Vulnicura

Björk is my 7th most played artist of all-time but she hasn't made a great album since 2001's Vespertine imo. Vulnicura doesn't reverse the trend of weak modern albums, but at least it gives me one decent song to add to my Björk playlist.

Machina said:

1. Florence + the Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful

The weakest F+M album to-date, but still good. Three great songs (including the superb Make Up Your Mind, which was bizarrely omitted from the standard release) and five ok songs. 

I see we agree on HBHBHB being her weakest album but still great music! What are your other two great songs from the record?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

2. Florence + the Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (Didn't hook me quite like the previous 2 albums but features some incredible songs like What Kind of Man and Queen of Peace)

The top three from the album for me were:

1. Make Up Your Mind
2. Hiding
3. Third Eye

The best two aren't even on the standard album (wtf Florence?!). 

What Kind of Man and Queen of Peace fell into my 'dcent but nothing amazing' category.

1. El-Creepo! - Bellissimo!
2. Dog Fashion Disco - Ad Nauseam
3. Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts - Blaster
4. Black December - Black December
5. Baroness - Purple

Around the Network

1. MADE - BIGBANG
Outside of that I don't think there's an album that released this year that I Iistened too in its entirety
The rest would just be me picking my fave singles of the year and saying what albums they came from.

Position / Album Name / Artist (All Kpop songs)

1. RED - Red Velvet
2. 4 WALLS - f(x)

Both of these albums mostly/all have very high up-beat songs. Which I have been missing from recent girl groups lately.

3. EXODUS - EXO
4. ODD - Shinee
5. LION HEART - Girls Generation

Pocky Lover Boy! 

1 Iron Maiden Book of souls cd 2
2 Iron Maiden Book of souls cd 1
3 Europe war of kings

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

1. Grimes - "Art Angels"
2. Jamie XX - "In Colour"
3. Tame Impala - "Currents"
4. Sufjan Stevens - "Carrie and Lowell"