By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Star Wars spoiler enrages Man. Threatens school shooting. * facepalm*

Wait what? Jail for a Facebook post?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

IT'S CALLED A THREAT AND YES THAT'S ILLEGAL.

contestgamer said:
vivster said:

It's not like he held a gun to his temple. Show me a single threat on the internet that is not empty as fuck. Poeple say lots of things on the internet.

The magic word is context and nuance. Law isn't black and white.

That's why downloading an illegal MP3 isn't the same as conducting an armed robbery of a record store.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
contestgamer said:
vivster said:

It's not like he held a gun to his temple. Show me a single threat on the internet that is not empty as fuck. Poeple say lots of things on the internet.

That's why downloading an illegal MP3 isn't the same as conducting an armed robbery of a record store.

Its only empty until is legit right?

So next time the news reports about a murder ... and the threats he made prior that no one acted upon... you'd be the first to sympathize with people for not acting?

vivster said:
contestgamer said:
vivster said:

You're disagreeing. I think this is a prime example of a "thought crime". Sorry, pal. You're going to jail too. :/

Around the Network

Did he have a spoiler tag int he post? If he had a spoiler tag then the guy went to far BUT if he did not then those are indeed grounds for getting shot lol :-p

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Had a coworker spoil the death before the movie even came out. It was in Spanish which I swore said something about a video game so I thought it was from a video game. Watched the movie and realized it was true. Got in my car after the movie and immediately deleted him. He hasn't said anything but I will tell him why if he ask. Doing something like that is just really careless and shows lack of caring for other people.

sabvre42 said:
vivster said:
contestgamer said:
vivster said:

Its only empty until is legit right?

So next time the news reports about a murder ... and the threats he made prior that no one acted upon... you'd be the first to sympathize with people for not acting?

Sorry, but intent is a very big differentiator in law. I'm saying there is nuance in law that is very important. There are certain degrees of crime and posting a picture with some empty words on Facebook is not the same as  threatening someone personally with a gun and putting them into immediate danger. If we'd instantly incarcerate everyone for posting stupid stuff on Facebook there'd be no more more people to log into Facebook to see those things.

I'd say taking away his weapons and banning him from posting onto social media for a few months would be a good learning experience for this guy. Going straight to jail for a very minor offense only makes things worse. Getting put into jail by a snitch is a far greater motivator for real violence than any Star Wars spoiler could be.

Dumb. I've done pretty well keeping myself spoiler free up to this point, then again, I don't have douchey friends who'd just spoil it on me. Then again, I don't use Facebook where the object is to friend as many non-friends as is humanly possible.

All in all, don't facebook, and if you don't want something spoiled...don't use a Social Media platform notorious for jerkweeds who pull shit just like that. Enjoy your time in prison though, think of it as finishing school.

It's been a week. If you're a big star wars fan but you haven't seen the force awakens then sorry but I've got news for you.....r2d2 kills himself.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P