By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - USA political system needs changes

Which system do you prefer?

two-party 8 12.12%

multi-party 58 87.88%

Total:66
sethnintendo said:

Two party system -  This needs to be changed to a multiparty system.  Both major parties suck.  There needs to be more parties to choose from and your vote needs to count.  Proportional representation is far superior to winner takes all.  I would vote if winner takes all was axed.  I want my vote to count for a third party.

Electoral college - This is the worst idea to keep alive in the 21st century.  Fuck the electoral college.  Gore would have defeated Bush if it was up to the popular vote.  Now we have turmoil in Iraq for decades thanks to Bush being allowed President.  They say your vote counts...  What if you voted for the other guy than your state elects?  You vote doesn't count.

Citizens United - The biggest pile of shit to ever get approved from the Supreme Court.  Money talks.

Election Day - Needs to be a national holiday.

2Pac - Changes

There is no such thing as a two party system in the US.  We can have as many parties as we want.  No time to expalain. 

Around the Network

President Geralt of Rivia. Sounds catchy if you ask me.

Salnax said:

get a proper voting system that doesn't impose a two party limit. Proportionate voting could work, but there are other superior alternatives, like multiple votes per voter. That would encourage voting for minor parties as well as the big two.

Multiple votes per voter would still not fix anything without a proportionate system because the only parties getting enough votes to "take it all" in the winner takes it all system would still be republicans and democrats.

CosmicSex said:
sethnintendo said:

Two party system -  This needs to be changed to a multiparty system.  Both major parties suck.  There needs to be more parties to choose from and your vote needs to count.  Proportional representation is far superior to winner takes all.  I would vote if winner takes all was axed.  I want my vote to count for a third party.

Electoral college - This is the worst idea to keep alive in the 21st century.  Fuck the electoral college.  Gore would have defeated Bush if it was up to the popular vote.  Now we have turmoil in Iraq for decades thanks to Bush being allowed President.  They say your vote counts...  What if you voted for the other guy than your state elects?  You vote doesn't count.

Citizens United - The biggest pile of shit to ever get approved from the Supreme Court.  Money talks.

Election Day - Needs to be a national holiday.

2Pac - Changes

There is no such thing as a two party system in the US.  We can have as many parties as we want.  No time to expalain. 

<sigh>

US needs a freaking revolution, take back your damn country from those who stole it to benefit themselves.. They have poisoned the world and they have brought the entire world problems, fix it by stopping them.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network

US needs a freaking revolution, take back your damn country from those who stole it to benefit themselves.. They have poisoned the world and they have brought the entire world problems, fix it by stopping them.

Baryonyx said:

Thats not necessary.  Revolution I mean.  There is nothign to take back because we haven't lost anything. Its us.  We are the government so all we have to do is govern.  Thats the great thing about the United States.  Things can change.  People can change it.   Therefore, revolution isn't necessary because the framework of the country is in fact fine.  We just have to be brave enough to go out there and stand up for what we believe in.   Vote.  

There is nothing to change but yourself.   The United States is a government mady by the people.   

CosmicSex said:
Baryonyx said:

Thats not necessary.  Revolution I mean.  There is nothign to take back because we haven't lost anything. Its us.  We are the government so all we have to do is govern.  Thats the great thing about the United States.  Things can change.  People can change it.   Therefore, revolution isn't necessary because the framework of the country is in fact fine.  We just have to be brave enough to go out there and stand up for what we believe in.   Vote.  

There is nothing to change but yourself.   The United States is a government mady by the people.   

So it's the People of USA that is the reason why US have killed over 30 million innocent people in war and invasion since WW2? 
People from US have blamed their government, but you say that the people is the government. 

Baryonyx said:
CosmicSex said:
Baryonyx said:

So it's the People of USA that is the reason why US have killed over 30 million innocent people in war and invasion since WW2
People from US have blamed their government, but you say that the people is the government. 

Pretty much disagree with all your ideas across the board. We already have a multiparty system so your point is innaccurate. I think the political system is fine. Your vote does count for third party. Third parties just click with fringe loud minorities rather than the actual majority of the population. Third parties have had success when they actually represented a large minority instead of just a small vocal minority. See: Abraham Lincoln, Ross Perot, ect. 

As for the electoral college, no I don't agree. America is a Republic not a democracy. As such it was built upon rules with balance of power in mind. Polarity popular vote is not the way to go. Mob mentality is not American.