By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This year Sony is Santa

BraLoD said:
Good guy Sony undooming a lot of stuff.
A lot of wishes becoming reality.
Even so my wish just never comes true... I'm still waiting. 15 years now.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

This Year Sony has

• Gotten Capcom out of near bankruptcy to make Street Fighter V, as well as made them change their business practices.
  • Aided in Shenmue 3's kickstarter.
  • Resurrected the longthought dead Last Guardian.
  • Gets first dibs on Final Fantasy VII Remake.
  • Teamed up with Platinum Games, and gets exclusive rights for the sequel to Nier.
  • Formed a partnership with Kojima and freed him from the basement Konami kept him in. 
  • Yakuza. Sony is getting HD remakes and new Yakuza 6.
  • Sony has bought the rights to Robotech.

Sony is Santa Claus

(Above Picture: Last Year 2014, Sony Planning a dark, Viking-Inspired, Santa Origins Movie Winter Knight)

Maybe NEXT year, Sony is Santa Claus. Looking at your list, I see a lot of good things but nothing that I can go buy or put my hands on right now. Just a lot of wheels in motion.

Azuren said:

• ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!? 

snyps said:
I didn't know about Robotech that is cool.

Porcupine_I said:
Sony bought the rights to Macross?

Here is the factual evidence right here. This is biblical!

Sony Pictures has picked up the rights to Robotech in the hope of turning it into a big blockbuster movie franchise.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Azuren said:

snyps said:

Porcupine_I said:

Sony Pictures has picked up the rights to Robotech in the hope of turning it into a big blockbuster movie franchise.

SONY WILL RISE AS A GAMING GOD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

deskpro2k3 said:
Azuren said:

snyps said:

Porcupine_I said:

Could you imagine...a Robotech VR game...?!?!??!?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

If Microsoft did the same things they would be getting crapped on, IMO it's a hilariously obvious double standard.

Street Fighter V didn't need financing, gimme a break, it's not some small indie game, SFIV sold like 5+ million copies.

Sony paid to keep it off other systems plain and simple.

Just like they paid to keep fans of other systems from playing the FF7 Remake for some arbitrary period of time.

These are not indie games they're financing, if they want to finance a game fully then go finance Shenmue all the way (a game that legitimately wouldn't get made by Sega), but it doesn't look like they're doing that.

But they get a total pass on that, but when MS does it (Titanfall, Tomb Raider) ... lol oh boy at the immature reactions that happen then. 

Soundwave said:

If Microsoft did the same things they would be getting crapped on, IMO it's a hilariously obvious double standard.

Street Fighter V didn't need financing, gimme a break, it's not some small indie game, SFIV sold like 5+ million copies.

Sony paid to keep it off other systems plain and simple.

Just like they paid to keep fans of other systems from playing the FF7 Remake for some arbitrary period of time.

These are not indie games they're financing, if they want to finance a game fully then go finance Shenmue all the way (a game that legitimately wouldn't get made by Sega), but it doesn't look like they're doing that.

But they get a total pass on that, but when MS does it (Titanfall, Tomb Raider) ... lol oh boy at the immature reactions that happen then. 

Do you have a source?

Because it sounds like you're upset. 

Tmfwang said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

funny way to spell Microsoft

SONY IS MICROSOFT!?

Illuminati Confirmed?!

No Sony is Nintendo and MS is Satan

I am Iron Man