By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima Productions upcoming game new details: not Silent Hill, console exclusive, PC release eventually + More

Sounds like a full console exclusive(not timed). This is a very big catch for Sony. I do wish he could have kept making MGS games though... They won't be the same without his vision behind it.

Around the Network

Be curious what Kojima has in mind next.

AbbathTheGrim said:
GribbleGrunger said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I see. That's why Yoshida called him out apparently. I didn't know that side of Yoshida, plus he seems to be aware of things going on.

If you go to the guy's Twitter it says though:

"Executive Editor of Previews & Xbox Guru-in-Chief at ."

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I don't know if I'd see it as calling him out but rather a legitimate question. IGN are supposed to be impartial and one would think his first reaction would be to congratulate Sony.

I may be playing devil's advocate here but maybe the guy was wondering if Micro is even trying these days.

that makes it quite transparent where he stands. "When hear Kojima, I think Xbox" said no one... ever.

but hey, good on him for the transparency :)

AbbathTheGrim said:
setsunatenshi said:

Ryan needs to watch his cholesterol, those salt levels are through the roof.

Good on yosp to call him out :)

I think yosp may be hanging out with Kamiya Hideki these days.

That would be bad. Very bad. Kamiya would be a bad influence for Yoshida.

The first title will be PS4 console exclusive, so in essense, that title and its sequels will most likely be tied in with the Playstation brand.

Around the Network

Damn right.  I love these things.

What Kojima should do is say that he's a Luden and make a game about himself being a more-than-human videogame developer with mental powers who has to fight this evil corporation that is trying to ruin his work by forcing him to make F2P mobile titles.  Lots of blood and a half dressed assistant.  It goes really deep into conspiracy and it turns out the company is actually a front for a government agency that is working to track down Luden society using Kojima as bait.  However, that ends up being a front for something even more sinister and the government is being manipulated behind the scenes by the real menace.

I'd play it.

I love that they said this will be coming to PC later on. If it's an interesting game, I'd pick it up on PS4 day one. If it turns out to be a great game, I'll pick it up on a Steam sale later on. This is why you should always announce it's a timed console exclusive.

http://youtu.be/annuTcmB1rw

Don't know if anyone has seen the announcement video. Check it out

It will cost twice than MGS5 and will take longer to develop.

It will end up as a VR exclusive titled "Kojima X Konami" or KXK for short.

Glad it will be coming to PC. MGSV: PP is probably the most optimized game I have ever seen, so I hope the quality will continue.

Hi