By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox boss wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo games on Xbox One

Random_Matt said:

It's not that simple for a foreign company, they cannot by law buy out a Japanese company. But there are loopholes that a company can use, such as mergers or acquisitions.

Well, I don't know too much about US laws, but even if there was some law, it should be really easy to get around it. A company could just use a daughter company in some other country where no law forbids buying foreign companies. Most big companies, like Microsoft, already have such subsidiaries in multiple countries to bypass optimize tax payments. 

With american companies buying foreign companies all the time, I really don't see any problem here. A quick google search showed me no laws whatsoever from japan that would possible come in the way, even buying solely with stocks is possible. It's also certainly possible the other way around, as seen last year when a japanese company bought the makers of Jim Beam. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

I think it'd be great if Microsoft bought Nintendo: would mean Nintendo games might eventually show up on PC.

Highly doubt it's ever happening though.

Ljink96 said:
For some reason I wanna see this parallel universe where Nintendo and Microsoft team up to take down PS4. That'd be one heck of a story. And it'll only be a story because it won't happen.

Them two would still get their ass kicked.

Nin MS would be one voilatile envirement where majory of the devs would leave after a year.  Two stubborn arrogant parties with two different minded nationalities budding heads.  It would be fun to see.

Stop the presses! No way.

I'm sure nobody would mind having more games for their system :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

If NX fails like the WiiU has so far, I have a feeling that Nintendo may get out of the hardware market and become a 3rd party publisher. Never thought I'd say this but it may be a more profitable business for them given the number of franchises they have and own.

"Yes sir, I need a weapon."

Jay W

Who in their right mind WOULD mind Nintendo games on their platforms?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Lol, of course he wouldn't. Who would really?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won