By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware and software in OP!

Snoopy said:

Where did you get these leaked numbers from lol? I was talking about world wide. Of course Halo 5 wouldn't hit 3 million in its first week in US alone. Thats where the 3 million from my original statement came from.

We are talking about US only because this is a NPD thread.

The numbers for US come from leaks on GAF... the digital part from a leak in contact with Zugue.
The UK numbers are based in maths with the official %.
The Germany are official from BIU.

So far we have:

+ 1.3m US for October (including digital)
+ 150k UK for October (retail only)
< 100k DE for October + November (including digital) * it didn't received the 100k award in November from BIU

I expect way lower numbers than Germany for others EU countries... so you can be sure EU combined won't reach 200k including digital that's talking about Oct + Nov... for October only it will be way less.

So I have a hard time to believe Halo 5 did (including digital) 2 million WW first week/month.

I believe with the data we have it did ~1.7m including digital week/month 1.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Your banning announcement didn't had any clause of being factual or positive... it was 100% "don't talk about anything that can relate to MS at all". But since whenever you are banned PS wins, by all means grab a ban =]

Over 50% of the conversation in this site is about MS related (look at the hot topics)... how can you enter in a sales discussion like NPD without talk about MS? Looks to me impossible.

It is how crazy the mod Censorship is.

ethomaz said:
Snoopy said:

Where did you get these leaked numbers from lol? I was talking about world wide. Of course Halo 5 wouldn't hit 3 million in its first week in US alone. Thats where the 3 million from my original statement came from.

The numbers for US come from leaks on GAF... the digital part from a leak in contact with Zugue.

So far we have:

< 100k DE for October + November (including digital) * it didn't received the 100k award in November from BIU

I expect way lower numbers than Germany for others EU countries... so you can be sure EU combined won't reach 200k including digital that's talking about Oct + Nov... for October only it will be way less.

So I have a hard time to believe Halo 5 did (including digital) 2 million WW first week/month.

Just because a thread has a certain title doesn't mean all statements are going to be completley about it because you have to address other people.  Just like how you're doing it now you hypocrite.

And your source comes from gaf... lol because they're always 100 percent right. There an industry analyst that says Halo 5 digital sales are around 50 percent of total sales as well.

ethomaz said:
DonFerrari said:

Your banning announcement didn't had any clause of being factual or positive... it was 100% "don't talk about anything that can relate to MS at all". But since whenever you are banned PS wins, by all means grab a ban =]

Over 50% of the conversation in this site is about MS related (look at the hot topics)... how can you enter in a sales discussion like NPD without talk about MS? Looks to me impossible.

It is how crazy the mod Censorship is.

I agree with you. Let's change it to "greedy bastards" and let people bias interpret as any of the 3 companies =p.

Well Have you tried an agreement with the mods that you abstain from bashing and other negative comments about MS but aren't totally shut of coming close to subjects involving MS? Not even restraining orders from court rooms are as silly or restrictive as the censorship you received... but well, Ioi once said here was a dictatorship.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Snoopy said:

Just because a thread has a certain title doesn't mean all statements are going to be completley about it because you have to address other people.  Just like how you're doing it now you hypocrite.

And your source comes from gaf... lol because they're always 100 percent right. There an industry analyst that says Halo 5 digital sales are around 50 percent of total sales as well.

Yeap... looks how Patcher was always right.

You know VGC adjust their US data based in GAF leakers, no?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Snoopy said:

Yeap... looks how Patcher was always right.

You know VGC adjust their US data based in GAF leakers, no?

I thought we didn't track digital unless its sku, no? And don't we readjust when we get NPD or more reputable sources, no?

Snoopy said:
I seen some earlier posts saying Halo 5 flopped. How did it flop exactly? Did people expect it to hit 3 million+? Not even COD on xbox one did that first week. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Noone in this thread spoke about a flop before your post. You're the only one having brought this on the table.

Oh... and tag !

Snoopy said:

I thought we didn't track digital unless its sku, no? And don't we readjust when we get NPD or more reputable sources, no?

VGC uses the retail leaked part... and they use GAF leakers because the NPD data is leaked by GAF and 90% of cases there is no other reputable source.

Snoopy said:
ethomaz said:
Snoopy said:

So far we have:

Have a certain title and topic, and you are very out of it.

No the sources come from NPD.

That joke of analyst that have even less credibility than Patcher and that you wasted a very big thread on it and never accepted the reality

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Snoopy said:

Have a certain title and topic, and you are very out of it.

No the sources come from NPD.

That joke of analyst that have even less credibility than Patcher and that you wasted a very big thread on it and never accepted the reality

Yes, because Halo 5 totally flopped eventhough it made Microsoft over 400 million dollars in revenue and sold more than any AAA retail exclusive this gen when comparing weeks. Right...