By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ex-Square President: Konami's treatment of Kojima is "a negative for business"

Former SquareEnix president Wada Yoichi expressed himself through Facebook on the treatment Kojima Hideo has been receiving by Konami who has him on a special vacation.

Wada said the following about the treatment Kojima has been receiving by the company:

“As I know Mr. Kojima, I want to say, ‘I can’t believe this cruel treatment!’ But, here I’m going to give my thoughts as a corporate exec,”

“However you think about this, this is a negative for business.

“Maybe leaving the home console market is management’s plan, but going out of your way to make enemies with the world has no meaning.”

- on what he thinks may be the cause for this approach by Kojima he said:

“Generally, this kind of thing happens when there’s a lack of leadership. I think, perhaps, there isn’t someone in charge who is paying attention and laying out all the little details for whole enterprise.”

“When you are not aware that the feelings of your own department aren’t aligned with the world at large, the results can be deplorable.”

http://kotaku.com/konamis-treatment-of-kojima-is-bad-business-says-forme-1747045420

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Wouldnt mind him having his own company either (probably the best - hopefully he can get funds for his games!).

This is the one I believe is the more likely. At least we know Kojima intends to continue making stuff.

AbbathTheGrim said:
BasilZero said:

Wouldnt mind him having his own company either (probably the best - hopefully he can get funds for his games!).

This is the one I believe is the more likely. At least we know Kojima intends to continue making stuff.

Unless he gets a lot of sponsors and stuf I dont think Kojima having a company himself is the best option because he lieks to do big, pompous games, if he ends up having to do smaler titles because of a lack of funding it might not be too good, hes a dude that works best with big budgets I think, some ppl dont know wtf to do with a lot of money some, like Kojima, make theyre games look like a Hollywood blockbuster.

DakonBlackblade said:

Unless he gets a lot of sponsors and stuf I dont think Kojima having a company himself is the best option because he lieks to do big, pompous games, if he ends up having to do smaler titles because of a lack of funding it might not be too good, hes a dude that works best with big budgets I think, some ppl dont know wtf to do with a lot of money some, like Kojima, make theyre games look like a Hollywood blockbuster.

I think the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if indeed Kojima makes his own dev studio and he ends up collaborating with a bigger company for the development $$$.

I hope that company is Sony if it isn't a big third party company.

Good thing Wada is no longer SE President, because that was negative for business.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

Some immature child is running Konami. People need to that suit and tie business experts tend to be terrible at running game companies.

Coming from him ? LOL

He practically dragged Square Soft down along with Enix last gen ...

fatslob-:O said:
Coming from him ? LOL

He practically dragged Square Soft down along with Enix last gen ...

Yeah if you didnt bought their games 

Ruler said:

Yeah if you didnt bought their games 

Exactly how many quality games did they make aside from FF XIII and a few handheld games again ?

Konami give no shit about business was obvious.