By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I think a episodic Final Fantasy VII Remake could be a good thing (minor spoilers).

Tagged games:

I'm also for it. First of all, we get our hands on this game earlier and second, most FF7 fans are busy people with work today. We dont have time to play through the game at once...however, if it would be in parts..!

Around the Network

I think Square dropped to ball on calling it "Episodic", because that cues the thought that the game will be released in short bursts.

However, they already said that each part will be absolutely massive. More content than the original, fleshed out in a more involved battle system with real cutscenes and voice acting. A better term would be to say it is releasing in chapters, or parts. Think more like .hack and how it is released in multiple parts using the same engines in the same story.

In short, what they're doing is making FFVII:R a series. Think of it like each disc being is own game.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

As long as there is an eventual complete series, I won't be complaining O:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I think it's episodic more in the sense of a multi-part game like the .hack series (which I loved BTW) which others mentioned ...

Though I do wonder how much new content their going to put in the remake ...

As long as each part is like 50 hours long and being able to carry your save over for the next part, then it doesn't bother me. Besides, it stops you from being bored with it.

Around the Network

It wont be episodic, it will be multiple fully sized games. Think a movie or a book trilogy, its the same idea, the whole tale is composed of mulitple entrys, however each entry is its own thing.

Azuren said:
I think Square dropped to ball on calling it "Episodic", because that cues the thought that the game will be released in short bursts. 

Square never said the word "Episodic", they said it was gona be a "multi-part release", its everyone else who associated that with Telltales model.

fatslob-:O said:

I think it's episodic more in the sense of a multi-part game like the .hack series (which I loved BTW) which others mentioned ...

Though I do wonder how much new content their going to put in the remake ...

More likely to fill in the gaps that the original had after including Before Crisis and Crisis Core got added to the canon.

Also I'm sure they'll add some cool new stuff :O

Basil's YouTube Channel

If they make full sized games (like 50-60 hours each) I hope they don't plan on release more than three parts... Waiting would be too frustrating, especially for those who never played the original.

Random_Matt said:
As long as each part is like 50 hours long and being able to carry your save over for the next part, then it doesn't bother me. Besides, it stops you from being bored with it.

That's exactly what I've been saying, each part will be like a full game, so the break in play will not only give you time to play another game but keep you from getting slightly bored and keep you interested in FF7 and give you some to look forward to.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

30 - 50 hour chunk is fine by me as long as the overall experience is tight.

I would rather that then a longer game where the story and overall experience takes a back seat.