By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Awards: Categorie "Most Anticipated Game" got wrong nominees

Pavolink said:
outlawauron said:
Platina said:
Zelda U lost a lot of anticipation due to the delay, and was only rehyped after the November Direct so I'm not surprised it wasn't nominated

What I am surprised about is the winner though

What about the direct rehyped people for Zelda U?

13 seconds? No trailer, no subtitle, no worthy footage?

People made 20 minutes analysis videos about this 13 second teaser on youtube.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I don't even know what Star citizen is.

Trailer:

Its the biggest and most sucsessfull crowd funding game ever with 100Mio$+ Dollar Budget.

JNK said:
Pavolink said:

13 seconds? No trailer, no subtitle, no worthy footage?

"A picture can say a thousand words" 

A thousand words takes on avg 7.7 minutes to say.  So, then consider how much a video can produce :P

mornelithe said:
JNK said:

A thousand words takes on avg 7.7 minutes to say.  So, then consider how much a video can produce :P

well in my opinion that just prooves how anticipated this game is. There arnt those videos about uncharted or other games.

JNK said:
mornelithe said:

well in my opinion that just prooves how anticipated this game is. There arnt those videos about uncharted or other games.

Uh, what?  I just searched Uncharted 4 trailer analysis on youtube, and got about 66,000 results. 2,660 of them are longer than 20 minutes. (Though some hits aren't relevant, such as 3D Model tech demo).

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
JNK said:

Uh, what?  I just searched Uncharted 4 trailer analysis on youtube, and got about 66,000 results. 2,660 of them are longer than 20 minutes. (Though some hits aren't relevant, such as 3D Model tech demo).

compare the view counts

JNK said:
d21lewis said:
I don't even know what Star citizen is.

Trailer:

Its the biggest and most sucsessfull crowd funding game ever with 100Mio$+ Dollar Budget.

It's actually the biggest and most successful crowdfunded ANYTHING ever =) And with quite some margin, I'd say.

CU......or CF ?

JNK said:
mornelithe said:

compare the view counts

View counts don't magically make videos appear and disappear.  You made a faulty claim without looking into it.  No big deal.  I kind of expected you to point out that Zelda has 119,000 vids to UC4's 66K, TLG's 17K and NMS' like 7K.  But, I'll do it for ya.  It does raise question as to how those titles were selected.  But, that really wasn't what I was commenting on.  Rare, very rare is the subject that hasn't been video'd to death on youtube.

JamesGoblin said:
JNK said:

Trailer:

It's actually the biggest and most successful crowdfunded ANYTHING ever =) And with quite some margin, I'd say.

Well, successful has yet to be determined.  They'd actually have to deliver on their promises for it to be successful, and thus far that hasn't actually come close to happening.

mornelithe said:
JamesGoblin said:

Well, successful has yet to be determined.  They'd actually have to deliver on their promises for it to be successful, and thus far that hasn't actually come close to happening.

I'd be bit more carefull with statements such as "Hasn't come close to...". Ah, god bless Internet - typing is so easy...

CU......or CF ?