By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fast Racing Neo thread: OUT NOW!

RolStoppable said:
cycycychris said:

So it isn't cheap, but right.

16 tracks, split screen multiplayer up to 4, online multiplayer up to 8, a bunch of ships, a special Hero Mode for F-Zero fans and all that with some of the best graphics in the system and probably a flawless performance. Yeah, no. It is cheap, no debate.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Goodnightmoon said:

16 tracks, split screen multiplayer up to 4, online multiplayer up to 8, a ton of ships, a special Hero Mode for F-Zero fans and all that with some of the best graphics in the system. Yeah, no. It is cheap, no debate.

It is cheap compared to other indie titles, but those other games are expensive.

But things are cheap or expensive when compared to others, if you already have the mindset that games are normally too expensive for what they are, this is not gonna be different, that´s for sure.

Wow, that's a good value. I hope there's a decent amount of content though. I just wish Nintendo would buy this developer already. They copy Mario Galaxy and F-Zero Nintendo...get a clue.

cycycychris said:
I really wish they were a bigger studio. Sadly with only 5 people, Nintendo doesn't really have much they can partner with. They do such amazing work, I would love to see them work on some Nintendo titles. But sadly for the reason stated above, that probably will never happen.

Well, I'm shure that if FRN will sell well (and I think it will) they'll be able to expand their development team, also, since Nintendo doesn't have any Development team in Europe, it would be nice to make an investment on some talented devs like those at Shin'en helping them grow, in the end more Devs=more games=more money plus I think that the presence of a few European development teams could very well improve the appeal from Europeans to Nintendo games since this developers living here would know what the majority of the players want...

Definitely deserves everyone's buy at $15

Around the Network

:O £10.99 great price, i was willing to pay upto £20/£25 for this.

cycycychris said:
Luke888 said:
cycycychris said:
I really wish they were a bigger studio. Sadly with only 5 people, Nintendo doesn't really have much they can partner with. They do such amazing work, I would love to see them work on some Nintendo titles. But sadly for the reason stated above, that probably will never happen.

Well, I'm shure that if FRN will sell well (and I think it will) they'll be able to expand their development team, also, since Nintendo doesn't have any Development team in Europe, it would be nice to make an investment on some talented devs like those at Shin'en helping them grow, in the end more Devs=more games=more money plus I think that the presence of a few European development teams could very well improve the appeal from Europeans to Nintendo games since this developers living here would know what the majority of the players want...

This all depends on what type of office space they have and if they want to expand. RIght now it seems they have enough people for them to pump out games at a steady pace. I mean they have 3 games out on Wii U(counting FRN). That's basicly 1 a year. So I don't know if they do want to expand. If they don't have the office space to build a team of at least 40, Nintendo would not really be much interest in them. I don't think Nintendo would be that much invest in only 5 people to build them a whole new office or expand there one they have right now. But who knows, a team of 20 could be enough to produce a steady stream of eshop games.

Root of the story, Nintendo will never buy them.

Well that's the interesting point, while Nintendo doesn't have any development team in Europe they DO have lots of building in each county for the amministration , I'm shure they could give the new devs room in some of the biggest buildings they own...

StuOhQ said:

I am beyond STOKED for this game! "F-Zero GX" has been in my constant rotation in anticipation of "FR:Neo". $14.99 is a total steal for the amount of work and polish that this game displays. Other Shin'en titles have been $9.99, but I knew by E3 this was going to be a whole other animal.

Fun fact; they actually got the announcer from F-Zero GX to do the voiceovers for Fast Racing Neo. ;)

Shin'en are now saying the game is 590MB

curl-6 said:

Shin'en are now saying the game is 590MB

Are you freaking kidding me? 590MB only!!? Is there something this guys haven't done perfectly with this game? My God, there is not a single reason for not buying Fast Racing Neo, is gonna be a massive hit on the Eshop, I was expecting like 5GB minimun and a lot of people not buying it for storage problems, but nope. 10/10