By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fast Racing Neo thread: OUT NOW!

So, I was just thinking that I have a 95% completion on the championship with all the cups beaten. I guess I'd have to achieve gold in every of them to get that 100%. I don't think it's possible with that Desert race. It's just a pain in the ass.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
So, I was just thinking that I have a 95% completion on the championship with all the cups beaten. I guess I'd have to achieve gold in every of them to get that 100%. I don't think it's possible with that Desert race. It's just a pain in the ass.

Well here is the thin silver lining with that desert course: the AI suxk at it too.  So pick a vehicle with tight handling that you can get first in the other races in and take that desert course decently slow.  Use the break (even letting go of the acceleration) on the dangerous turns.  You won't win but you should place above 10 if you don't let yourself crash.  However, even if you do place 10 the rankings on that track are usually chaos so it might not hurt your ranking too much.  You'll just have to win the last race the clinch it.

Nuvendil said:
Volterra_90 said:

Well here is the thin silver lining with that desert course: the AI suxk at it too.  So pick a vehicle with tight handling that you can get first in the other races in and take that desert course decently slow.  Use the break (even letting go of the acceleration) on the dangerous turns.  You won't win but you should place above 10 if you don't let yourself crash.  However, even if you do place 10 the rankings on that track are usually chaos so it might not hurt your ranking too much.  You'll just have to win the last race the clinch it.

I managed to get a 6th once, but it's hard as nails. I'm using the supposedly "worst" car in the game, but I think that using high speed and aceleration cars in Hypersonic could get you destroyed. They're hard to keep on track. And this car is easier to handle (that car with the teddy bear in). So far I get better results, but I don't beat the silver. I guess I'll just keep trying. Which cars are you using?

With Sunahara Desert I just drive slowly and carefully, using Ziro for its tight turning, get about 6th, then win the cup overall by placing well on the other three tracks.

Volterra_90 said:
Nuvendil said:

I managed to get a 6th once, but it's hard as nails. I'm using the supposedly "worst" car in the game, but I think that using high speed and aceleration cars in Hypersonic could get you destroyed. They're hard to keep on track. And this car is easier to handle (that car with the teddy bear in). So far I get better results, but I don't beat the silver. I guess I'll just keep trying. Which cars are you using?

I use Muellers and Rochdale.  However, I don't know if you have those yet.  Ziro is something approximately similar to Rochdale.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

I use Muellers and Rochdale.  However, I don't know if you have those yet.  Ziro is something approximately similar to Rochdale.

To get all the cars, do you need to beat every cup on Supersonic?

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

To get all the cars, do you need to beat every cup on Supersonic?

Clearing cups unlocks vehicles all the way through the first cup in Hypersonic.

curl-6 said:

I never use X; I just keep my thumb on A while my pointer fingers alternate between the triggers and bumpers. Beyond the usual adjustment period for a new game's controls, it's never bothered me.

Also, just played Neon cup for the first time, (got my arse handed to me) but Cevo Canyon looks drop-dead gorgeous.

Goodnightmoon said:

Is number 2 here on Spain, just behind Splatoon and also in Canada for what I have read on Twitter. Looks like is doing good, I hope so. In my game says the first cup has a ranking with around 22k best times from different players, so that would mean maybe 30k already sold? 80k is usually the biggest amount indie games get on WiiU and few break that, so around 30k so soon would be a good number I guess? I wonder if we will ever know if this game was sucessfull.

Devs sometimes comment on the sales of their eshop games; I remember Shin'en saying in the past that every game they've made for Nintendo hardware to date has turned a profit, and Frozenbyte saying they were very pleased by the sales of Trine Enchanted Edition on Wii U earlier this year.

I hope they mention something about FRN then. Btw I also saw in the eshop ranking that Trine 2 is actually the most downloaded wiiu game ever here in Spain O_o above Wind Waker HD. That sounds like a pretty great success here, I´m surprised.

I finished Subsonic with all gold. However what's up with the rankings? World record times are 4 minutes? Is that for Hypersonic? My times are in the 10 minute range for Subsonic.

The random crap with huge setbacks as a result is a bit annoying, I guess without it the game would be over too soon. Still not fun to get hit by a random fire ball in the last lap or bumped off the track by the AI in a turn and go from first to 8th. I guess rubber band AI will never go away. Best to save boost for the last lap, as they'll slingshot past otherwise. I've come in third with much faster times, than when biding my time and going all out in the last lap, placing first with a slower overall time.

Anyway it's smooth, short load times, keeps it fun to try again.

There will be an update in January adding some new features and fixes: