By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project M (Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod) has ceased development

Tagged games:

Cloudman said:

I agree that sometimes it is good to critique when something harmful, like the examples you mentioned, but here, I don't think it was. The changes in Brawl weren't harmful, but just not in a way that people were used to. They could have chosen to adjust to the new game, or stick to the old, but they choose the odd 3rd path which took the most time and effort, and I applaud their efforts, but still think it was unnecessary.

It sounds like they decided to quit on their own, which I think that's a good idea. Smash 4 is out, so there isn't much reason to play Brawl anymore, so it's best to just end it there and move on.

The thing is, you could argue that nintendo was being harmful by listening to their fanbase (kind of like releasing amiibo crossing instead of animal crossing). People created a stir, people got another option, everyone is happy (all because of a stir).

smash 4 was a huge step forward since sakurai made the game with newcomers and veterans in mind while getting the soul caliber team to help make the game competitive. Contrast this to brawl, which was pretty much made with newcomers in mind (...tripping...dark days...)

im sorry but I find it annoying when people say to move on to the next game. If the demand is there for the older game, then why force yourself to enjoy the newer one when you don't find it as fun.

Around the Network

Surprising... did not expect this to happen yet, despite it being out for so long

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I played Project M before smash 4 (wii u) came out it was pretty awesome. I really liked the Mewtwo skin in his armor from the first movie, Nintendo should have done that in the new smash

I played it once and I remember when it started out as an ambition to get Falco's Melee moveset, my favorite character, and it went from there. Despite this and that, one thng that can be said is that they put a lot of commendable effort into this project. Hopefully they can use their collective experience for their own unique projects

This is a real shame.

BasilZero said:
Sad to see it gone though never used it myself.

At least we can still use the last update right? lol

I'm pretty sure you can still use the last update.

Imagine the Impossible