By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Selling Console Does Not Equal Best Console.

Nintyfan90 said:
I'm quite off topic so ill leave this thread be.
OT: Neither can truly be superior to each other simply because both share like 90% of their games. I would argue around 90% of each platforms total software sales come from shared games, with 9% going towards first party exclusives, and the remaining 1%....niche stuff such as those niche jrpgs a few gamers(including a mod lol) in this thread are making sound way more important than they are. That would be a very entertaining thread, I wonder how popular it would be among the sony gamers?

Please see the release list and tell me where did you get that only 1% of the library is different due to non first party games, you can choose sales numbers or number of released games, you will totally fail on both. And since it's your claim, please provide the evidence

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Insidb said:
DonFerrari said:

It's the biggest selling shit sales ever.

I would be crazy happy if my book were niche enough to sell 150k, 1.5M I would be insanely crazy and would go out to take heroin until the end of the year.

Former comment: I hope so, for you.

Latter comment: Mr. Kobain, is that you?

kkkkkk could be a reincarnation... but I'm pretty safe I won't sell 1.5M books =p so no heroin for me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ganoncrotch said:
Nintyfan90 said:
OT: Neither can truly be superior to each other simply because both share like 90% of their games. I would argue around 90% of each platforms total software sales come from shared games, with 9% going towards first party exclusives, and the remaining 1%....niche stuff such as those niche jrpgs a few gamers(including a mod lol) in this thread are making sound way more important than they are. That would be a very entertaining thread, I wonder how popular it would be among the sony gamers?

You keep calling your own posts off topic even tho they are about the sales of games on the systems being talked about in the OP, it almost seems like you are dropping the "This isn't on topic" in the hopes that people wont reply to the rubbish that follows or precedes the off topic tag on your posts here, if you want to just say "I want to abandon this thread so much it hurts" just maybe either type or do that? It could save people some time, yourself included.

Also dear God ReimTime @ that self inflicted nutshot celebration, that was amazing.

As for the thread tho, I mean, the best console is so subjective it's impossible to say what is the best, there was a point sitting in a cafe playing Colin Mc Rae Rally on my N-gage that I thought it was the best portable games machine going. See at the time it was, could play close to ps1 levels of games on a portable which doubled as an almost usable mobile phone, was it objectively the best phone, dear god no, but still there was times for me it was the best thing around.

You could say the Wii-U is the best console if you have family who might often want the use of the TV and you could have to abandon the TV and jump to the gamepad at times, You could say the Xbox would be best if you had a similar situation but had a Win10 PC handy to stream to, the PS4 if you have a Vita around.... fuck it, when it comes to "the best" you could gauge them by which one you could prop a door open with, in which case I think there would be a massive ruling that the X1 would win by a country mile but could cost you your foot if you didn't see it as you passed through the door!

What? How about you stay out of it. That sentence referred to my previous post about the niche jrpgs.

Carl2291 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Your proof they sold well?

I presented it to you in the first post. The fact that developers are keeping these niche titles on PS platforms and continuing franchises tells you that they sold well enough.

Souls, Ni no Kuni, Tales, Star Ocean, Idolmaster, Disgaea, Atelier, Valkyria Chronicles, Nier, Ace Combat, King of Fighters, Hyperdimention Neptunia, Persona, Ys, OneeChanbara and Yakuza are all examples of franchises that are considered niche and are being continued on the PS4 after successful stints on PS3 (and/or other platforms). I could name you many more, including new IP being risked on PS platforms that you wont see elsewhere.

If you have nothing more to do here than spread FUD and misinformation, I suggest you leave. The facts are against you.

So anything with a successor is successful? Ok bud good to know. I'll tell that to every Sony gamer that shits on WiiU from here on out. As long as it gets a successor, WiiU is successful according Carl the mod.

- Moderated, Carl

Insidb said:
Nintyfan90 said:

What are you talking about? 8 million people refers to what? Nevermind I cant continue with you because your post are highly confusing. You even post a metric of less than 1.5M and name NNK which sold less.

8 million, non-console 3DS sales for those other JRPGs that you just want to gloss over to forward your agenda; your repeated posts on this thread, about the "best" home console (as clearly implied by the OP), pushing the idea that 3DS JRPGs are the only ones that sell and matter makes this all the more apparent.

I find it peculiar that a bulleted list of clear refutations are "highly confusing," but it seems in line with your overall approach to the issue at hand.

I said Final Fantasy was successful so pay attention. The 3ds just has most.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Please see the release list and tell me where did you get that only 1% of the library is different due to non first party games, you can choose sales numbers or number of released games, you will totally fail on both. And since it's your claim, please provide the evidence

Lol you challenged so why cant you show me I'm wrong? Where do the posters here get this nonsense of since I'm the doubter the burden of proof is on the other? Its not like I'm on trial lol. You being doubter doesn't mean you can make statements and not have to prove them lol. I just don't care enough, this subject is hardly that important to me. Just a quick glance shows me they are known as hd twins for a reason no matter who much you cry.

Kyuu said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Not even 60% of PS4 games are shared with Xbox ONE. Shocking isn't it?!

Software charts says different.

Tootylicious said:
Somebody has to defend his Xbox One purchase...

QFT :)

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

i've been waiting for this...

Not sure where posters here get this nonsense of since I'm the doubter the burden of proof is on you? You can't just make statements and ask me to prove you wrong because you doubted first lol, its not like I'm on trial. You guys spend way too much time away from the real world. I made a statement and you made a statement, thats all it is. If you don't like my statements feel free to rip them to shreds with proof.

Nintyfan90 said:
ganoncrotch said:

You keep calling your own posts off topic even tho they are about the sales of games on the systems being talked about in the OP, it almost seems like you are dropping the "This isn't on topic" in the hopes that people wont reply to the rubbish that follows or precedes the off topic tag on your posts here, if you want to just say "I want to abandon this thread so much it hurts" just maybe either type or do that? It could save people some time, yourself included.

Also dear God ReimTime @ that self inflicted nutshot celebration, that was amazing.

As for the thread tho, I mean, the best console is so subjective it's impossible to say what is the best, there was a point sitting in a cafe playing Colin Mc Rae Rally on my N-gage that I thought it was the best portable games machine going. See at the time it was, could play close to ps1 levels of games on a portable which doubled as an almost usable mobile phone, was it objectively the best phone, dear god no, but still there was times for me it was the best thing around.

You could say the Wii-U is the best console if you have family who might often want the use of the TV and you could have to abandon the TV and jump to the gamepad at times, You could say the Xbox would be best if you had a similar situation but had a Win10 PC handy to stream to, the PS4 if you have a Vita around.... fuck it, when it comes to "the best" you could gauge them by which one you could prop a door open with, in which case I think there would be a massive ruling that the X1 would win by a country mile but could cost you your foot if you didn't see it as you passed through the door!

What? How about you stay out of it. That sentence referred to my previous post about the niche jrpgs.

Amazing, when in doubt, rudely ask someone to not take part as you are already drowning in people who are taking you apart with your FUD and nonsense posts? If you want your messages to be private, make them PMs, this is a forum where all members can take part, if I feel a desire to post here or anywhere else you post I will. But feel free not to use this as a strawman to escape the actual ongoing debate you're having, I wouldn't want to give you an out so easily as that.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive