By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Lol..guys. Come now. There's not going to be a permanent cut to 300 any time soon. Last year they also had a few deals of 329 and 350, even if they were more limited than this 2 week promo, and yet kept the price at 400 during most of 2015. They're not doing another cut until late 2016.

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:
I was saying they should have dropped that SWB bundle the whole time (Well, at least for Black Friday). It's like someone out there is actually listening for a change. LOL

they wanted to monetize more on it, and now they will improve HW sales with it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SWORDF1SH said:

?

In this case, how does that make the x1 bundles jump up the charts?

I'm not sure I'm right now :()

I thought it through wrong but here's what I think it might be:

1: PS4 10,000
2: PS+ 7,000
3: XB1 5,000

to

1: PS4 10,000
2: XB1 5,000
3: PS+ 4,000

So forget about what I said before, but this does offer a feasible reason why something can shift up the charts even though it doesn't increase in sales.

The PS5 Exists. 

Roronaa_chan said:
Lol..guys. Come now. There's not going to be a permanent cut to 300 any time soon. Last year they also had a few deals of 329 and 350, even if they were more limited than this 2 week promo, and yet kept the price at 400 during most of 2015. They're not doing another cut until late 2016.

they might as well make it permanant this point. The Thanksgiving-Cyber Monday and 6-19 DEC is going to contribute MORE than 6 months worth of sales in the slow months. Why would sell so many at this pricepoint just to raise it to sell 150k-250k a month and make a little more on those sold.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

2 Hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#03 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 4)
#05 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (up 1)
#15 XB1 Three Games Bundle (up 8)
#22 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 10)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 2 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Halo + Forza + FIFA Bundle ($508)
Halo LE Bundle ($466)
Kinect + Three Games ($449)
Three Games Bundle ($385)

PS4 Deals:
50% Off 1 Years PS+

WiiU Deals:
WiiU Mario Kart ($250)

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

tag

Teeqoz said:

CHRIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAS!!!!

Christmas doesn't start for another 3 weeks. So shoo shoo!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

tag

vivster said:
Teeqoz said:

CHRIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAS!!!!

Christmas doesn't start for another 3 weeks. So shoo shoo!

And black friday wasn't before 4 weeks into november, yet it was mentioned in the first paragraph in november's op :-p

Besides, it's advent, close enough And "HOOOOLIIIDAAAAAAYS!!!" doesn't have as nice a ring to it

So this is the Star wars hype month, just how big an effect can it have on the consoles.