By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

I think the SW bundle can sell 500k this month in the US.

Around the Network

Abdiel:

Not sure what's going on with Amazon's stock situation, but Sony has been very good about making sure we're well stocked with the bundles.

And fuck, gents and ladies, Star Wars + Christmas fever... Those bundles have moved. Very, very healthy December. They made sure to keep our inventory topped up since the start of the promotion for the SW bundle in particular, that's the real driving force of this. NDC was the BF weekend, and Star Wars is the star of this particular show.

Since MS started their matching of the price, it picked back up for them, but they don't really have anything with the same kind of 'celebrity' status behind a bundle at the moment, so it's not really the same kind of momentum, but it's still selling really well. Should still be a really sold XB1 month from the Best Buy perspective.

I'm very, very curious to see how things are in the Walmart/Gamestop side of things though.

The PS5 Exists. 

Apparently sony nailed it again with their third parties deals, this time star wars battlefront.

I don't think sony got any problem with the stocks, it was only for the ps4 launch, not now.

It's probably only amazon who didn't get enough ps4 and was overwhelmed with all these orders.

GribbleGrunger said:
Abdiel:

Not sure what's going on with Amazon's stock situation, but Sony has been very good about making sure we're well stocked with the bundles.

And fuck, gents and ladies, Star Wars + Christmas fever... Those bundles have moved. Very, very healthy December. They made sure to keep our inventory topped up since the start of the promotion for the SW bundle in particular, that's the real driving force of this. NDC was the BF weekend, and Star Wars is the star of this particular show.

Since MS started their matching of the price, it picked back up for them, but they don't really have anything with the same kind of 'celebrity' status behind a bundle at the moment, so it's not really the same kind of momentum, but it's still selling really well. Should still be a really sold XB1 month from the Best Buy perspective.

I'm very, very curious to see how things are in the Walmart/Gamestop side of things though.

So its safe to say both consoles will be up from last month?

Around the Network

It's 5 weeks vs 4 weeks.. Even without BF and big releases they "should" be up. Both were last year (ps4 by 200k and x1 by 50k)

I suspected this all the time. I can't think of any bigger ip than Star Wars.

Lortsamler said:
I suspected this all the time. I can't think of any bigger ip than Star Wars.

I don't think MS will be repeating their statement that "Halo is the star wars of games" any time soon

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=189928971

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=189930033

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=189930465

7 hours since last update:

#02 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 1)
#13 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 3)
#29 N3DS Black (down 1)
#39 PS4 Black Ops 3 Standard Bundle (up 3)
#48 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 5)
#67 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#82 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (up 5)
#97 XB360 Peggle Bundle (new entry)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 8 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Halo Bundle + Forza Horizon + destiny ($450)
Kinect Bundle ($412)
Three Game Bundle ($350)
Tombraider Bundle ($360)
Elite Bundle ($449)

PS4 Deals:

Star Wars Bundle + Digital Copy Of Star Wars 1 Comic ($300)
Black Ops 3 ($350)
Nathan Drake Bundle ($350)

WiiU/3DS Deals:

N3DSXL ($175)

The PS5 Exists.