By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Shadow1980 said:
Okay. Now this is weird. I was about to do my usual daily update and the monthly rankings are inexplicably showing two entries for the XBO Gears bundle, same 500GB model and all. Even the link given is the same. Methinks there's a glitch in the Matrix.

Well, here's the updated monthly ranks anyway, but I'll definitely keep checking to see if they fix that bug:

PS4 Star Wars basic bundle: #1 (↑1)
PS4 NDC (disc) bundle: #12 (↓2)
XBO Gears bundle: either #22 (↑2) or #24 (—)
Wii U MK8 bundle: #31 (↓4)
XBO 1TB 3-game bundle: #43 (↑6)
New 3DS XL (black): #55 (—)
New 3DS XL (red): #91 (↑4)

Now for the update to Week 2:

PS4 Star Wars basic bundle: #1 (—)
PS4 NDC (disc) bundle: #11 (↓3)
XBO Gears bundle: #23 (—)
XBO 1TB 3-games bundle: #38 (↑4)
New 3DS XL (Black): #40 (↑1)
New 3DS XL (Red): #76 (↑4)

Looks like the XBO is finding its baseline for the time being. The NDC bundle being out of stock is hurting its ranking; it won't be back in stock at Amazon until after the $300 promo price expires. The 3DS is doing quite well at its current promo price relative to how it normally sells; unfortunately, we might not know how much it'll do this month seeing as we've seemed to have stopped getting 3DS numbers for NPD.

I only saw one entry for the Gears bundle when I updated.

Around the Network

How come the NDC seems to be bouncing around a lot? Is it only coming in with limited stock and selling out quickly?

I would think having to balance 2 3rd party exclusive marketing deals from different publishes both releasing in November requires a fine balancing act. If sony is going to make BOIII a $299 special they don't want to announce too early because that might affect SWBF bundle sales and that might upset EA, but they don't want to announce too late as that might lower sales for BOIII when it comes onto the market.

If Sony puts BOIII up for $299 for Xmas week I can't see how the 500GB sku can possibly go back to $350 in the new year. Basically the damage has been done and the market now expects a PS4 with a game for $299. If Sony wasn't intending $299 to be the base price for the 500GB sku they should have made $299 a BF only deal and left Xmas to play out at $349.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
How come the NDC seems to be bouncing around a lot? Is it only coming in with limited stock and selling out quickly?

I would think having to balance 2 3rd party exclusive marketing deals from different publishes both releasing in November requires a fine balancing act. If sony is going to make BOIII a $299 special they don't want to announce too early because that might affect SWBF bundle sales and that might upset EA, but they don't want to announce too late as that might lower sales for BOIII when it comes onto the market.

If Sony puts BOIII up for $299 for Xmas week I can't see how the 500GB sku can possibly go back to $350 in the new year. Basically the damage has been done and the market now expects a PS4 with a game for $299. If Sony wasn't intending $299 to be the base price for the 500GB sku they should have made $299 a BF only deal and left Xmas to play out at $349.

Amazon sell for third parties so sometimes it pops back up again. That's why it's pointless tagging them as sold out.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wow a $300 cod bundle, didn't expect that. Sony is really going all in this holiday.

6 hours since last update:

#02 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#17 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#43 N3DS Black (down 5)
#44 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 14)
#60 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 6)
#97 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (down 2)

PS4 - 2 bundles, 2 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
Halo Bundle + Forza Horizon + destiny ($450)
Kinect Bundle ($386)
Three Game Bundle ($395)
Tombraider Bundle ($365)

PS4 Deals:
Star Wars Bundle + Digital Copy Of Star Wars 1 Comic ($300)

WiiU/3DS Deals:

N3DSXL ($175)

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#2

Star Wars Battlefront bundle just jumped in front of Gears bundle in the yearlies...

Is bo3 bundle confirmed 299?

If it is Xmas week I can see ps4 doing 2m December NPD. 5 weeks of sales, 3 separate 299 bundles covering most of the month, cybermonday included and PSX buzz.

I'm going to predict 1.7-2m

I checked the November thread but couldn't see any numbers for NPD results. Would anyone know where to find them?

so is the BO3 bundle going to be 300$ or 350$?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/15/announcing-the-call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-standard-edition-ps4-bundle/

the BO3 bundle is going to be 350$.

i guess Sony will count on this bundle and the starwars one for the start of 2016. i can see this selling shit loads.