By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jason1637 said:
Do you guys think MS will have any big deals this month.

I think they have a $299 deal starting on the 13th at Best Buy.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Do you guys think MS will have any big deals this month.

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2015/12/24391/

Xbox may counter Sony’s $50 off holiday sale, new retailer ad suggests

Microsoft may be discounting the Xbox One to counter Sony’s temporary $50 PS4 price cut. If you recall, this past Sunday Sony put the PS4 on sale for $299 through December 19th.

Microsoft has yet to confirm whether they’ll be countering with their own temporary price cut but Best Buy’s US weekly ad for December 13th through December 19th has been leaked out online already and it indicates that Microsoft isn’t going to watch from the sidelines. You can view it here as it contains a good amount of discounts on games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and more.

This ad has “Xbox One consoles $50 off”. This should apply to the $349 Gears of War 500GB bundle since the ad doesn’t use any language that indicates a specific bundle is on sale. This would effectively make the Xbox One $299 for that week at Best Buy.

Of course, this doesn’t mean Microsoft is running a temporary sale like Sony. Best Buy could be alone in this. That would be odd, considering they’d likely be selling it at a loss for them, cutting out the small margin retailers make on consoles. So perhaps Microsoft has given them and all other retailers some incentive to sell their system for a little bit cheaper next week and possibly leading up to or through Christmas.

Microsoft has yet to confirm this as a special sale outside of Best Buy so I’d take it as a rumor for now that they’re countering Sony’s PS4 sale. It would be strange if they did absolutely nothing. Though if you want an Xbox One for $50 off, Best Buy will have your back at the very least if no other retailer has Remond’s console on sale next week.  

All x1 bundles now discounted by 50 dollars like BF. Already that price on Amazon

Roronaa_chan said:

All x1 bundles now discounted by 50 dollars like BF. Already that price on Amazon

Had to happen eventually. 

OneKartVita said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Had to happen eventually. 

Too little too late.

Guess they didnt want to immediately seem like they were reacting to Sony's price cut... but it didnt take a brain surgeon to suggest Sony were going to begin lowering the price this xmas

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Not surprised at all. Sales probably descended a little too much for comfort.

MS make a counter price cut. i wonder when they will officially announce it.

i think MS's biggest problem is the starwars movie. once that hits the 299$ PS4 starwars bundle will move shit tons. its simple, people will want that game, and that bundle is the cheapest way to get it.

also, the starwars bundle has a new release and current gen game with it. unlike the gears and NDC bundles. that by default makes it the most interesting bundle, considering it also has the lowest pricepoint of all bundles (matched by the NDC and Gears bundles)

11 hours since last update:

#03 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 2)
#04 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 2)
#47 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 13)
#57 N3DS (down 14)
#62 WU Mario Kart Bundle (up 1)
#81 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 11)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 2 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100

XB1 Deals:
All Bundles Reduced By ($50)

PS4 Deals:
Star Wars Bundle + Digital Copy Of Star Wars 1 Comic ($300)
Nathan Drake Bundle ($300)
Nathan Drake Bundle + Fallout 4 ($360)
Nathan Drake Bundle + Star Wars ($358)

WiiU/3DS Deals:
N3DSXL ($175)

The PS5 Exists. 

^the 3 games holiday bundle is 350, missing that in the deals.

Btw the X1 promo runs until the 26th, 1 week after PS4 ends. So it starts late but lasts a few days longer.

Still, Sony's strategy is ingenious. The SW movie hype will hit its peak on the 17 to 19 (whole weekend) of December.. and that coincides with the last 3 days of the promotion, meaning they will cash in on a lot of impulse purchases, the "promo ends on the 19th" will push a lot of indecisive people.

I wonder if Sony might extend their promotion to include Christmas, I already thought it was strange it didn't when they announced the deal.