By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not getting Xenoblade Chronicles X because it's too confusing.

I had my eyes on this game  for awhile now. It looks really fun and great..... but everything about it looks too confusing for me!!  They have all these stats, prices, points, money, techqniues, combos and all other stuff you have a remember! I NEVER played a JRPG game before. I was going to get Xenoblade and it looks too confusing for me. So I decided not to get it. I'm sure its a great game for all the JRPG fans but I guess its not my type of game. I guess I'm better off using Shulk on Super Smash Bros .....        

Around the Network

It does look confusing, even for me. And I'm a huge RPG fan.
Trust me, they don't just throw everything on you at once. They slowly ease you into all the options so it doesn't feel too overwhelming.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Everything that you have listed is what makes a great JRPG. But I can see how it all may seem daunting to newcomers.

My advice? Try Tales of Graces/Xillia 1. These are really stock and standard (but still enjoyable) stuff of the JRPG genre, and they do a decent job at explaining all the mechanics.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Well, I am a noob at RPGs, and when I played Xenoblade for the first time, it only took me a few seconds to understand everything.

Nothing is too hard as long as you take a couple of seconds to try and actually learn.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Its not confusing, the game is just complex.And thats whats going to make this game extremely awesome.But they dont throw it all at once in your face, they open things up bit by bit, so you get acostummed to it.
And believe me, when a game is truly excellent, you wont feel that all those stats and menus and what not, are that complex, and in the end you may even want it to have even more things.

Wait for the reviews to come and then make your decision.But i think that not buying this game for this sole reason is foolish

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Thank you for letting us know. Not to be rude, but it seems like many of the things you're posting simply do not need their own thread.

In my opinion, you know yourself best. If you feel it will be too confusing, perhaps it will be too confusing. I told my wife that I'm happy I'm 30 years old, and with a well-built mind to be able to process the many aspects of this game. I don't think I'd be able to pull off this game at the age of 15.

Yea the recent vidoe looked confusing as hell but i know ill learn everything when i spent time playing.

You should play just dance or something simple like that.

XCX is probably a bad choice for a first JRPG. Try one of the earlier FFs or any DQ. Then come back to it and see if it helped. Then again, better avoid it completely and play the much better original Xenoblades.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.