By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: the heavily losing fronts of PlayStation that nobody talking about.

none of them brings them money. Why should they promote esport? So people keep watching and not playing the same game over and over again instead buying new games where Sony makes money? Esport is irrelevant from a gaming-business standpoint except if you are a PC hardware manufacturer

Around the Network

You know PlayStation is killing it right now when people come out with these kind of posts.

By the way, PS4 dominates YouTube and social media ever since the 8th gen started. But even if your statements were true. Nobody buys a console thinking which one is the one with the best youtube or e-sports coverage.

They buy a PS4 because its the best hardware wise console available and because it offers the largest and better scored library of games. Meaning that they want to have a good personal experience this gen.

It is really hard to find negatives in PS this gen. So you probably had to work hard for this post, I'll give you that.

I'm happy Playstation isn't associated with those. You mention halo is big in e sports. Considering the big decline in that franchise maybe it's a good thing Sony isn't associated with them.

I honestly thought this would be a thread about ps now / VUE / VR etc and we'd have a good debate but I'm disappointed.

Street fighter, black ops 3 and gran turismo will give it more then enough e sport type exposure
Rocket league if they cared could too.

But honestly the less of this kind of thing the better. All it does is bring out the loud and annoying try hards, mostly kids.

PlayStation has channels like PlayStation Access, RobinGaming, MonkeyFlop

I think the strength of the brand and sales speak for themselves.

Around the Network

How about Caddicarus, he covers mainly PS Stuff.

And Kinda Funny Games has a dedicated Playstation podcast.

Does it matter when Sony has the most subscribed official Youtube channel for console makers?

Whaaa the Playstation diehard fans rushing to defend everything. Its too much! Eject! Eject!

(It's ok to discuss these things without being so defensive! Maybe the answer simply is "it doesn't matter". Maybe, its a great chance to expand the Playstation brand!)

I get what you're saying, and I think the fanbase being small is why Sony first party games usually don't sell that well, despite being on big user bases.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

FragilE^ said:
Whaaa the Playstation diehard fans rushing to defend everything. Its too much! Eject! Eject!

(It's ok to discuss these things without being so defensive! Maybe the answer simply is "it doesn't matter". Maybe, its a great chance to expand the Playstation brand!)

So you mean we're just going to agree on everything the OP said because you said we are being defensive, we should just waive our freedom of speech because for the sake of having a single-sided coversation even we think it's clearly false. Yeah. Martial Law This. Martial Law That.