By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are we entering or have already entered a new cold war?

21st century cold war...?

Yes. 42 32.81%

No. 47 36.72%

I am getting suspicious...hm, maybe so. 25 19.53%

Did sone one say somethin... 14 10.94%

Total:128
John2290 said:
tiffac said:

But isn't that exactly how the Cold War works proxy wars across the world. This time Russia has a strong China on its side vs a weak US and its so-called allies.

And the fact that it's getting harder and harder to identify who is backing who and to what end. The middle east is just a mess of wars by proxy with China and Russia flexing their muscles at the west through these increasingly complicated battles. 

Not really its the west who started the syrian war with saudi arabia and turkey

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:
Russia's economy is in shambles. China's is weakening as the days go by. Neither country's weapons systems come close to matching the might of America's. Heck, a Turkish pilot flying a US built F-16 took down a Russian pilot flying his country's SU-24. That event speaks volumes as to the quality of US weaponry. Everyone needs to step back, and take a deep breath.

Things are not so bad. Hell, I remember the 80s with President Reagan and people were overreacting with NATO deploying Pershing 2 missiles and GLCMs to counter the Soviet SS-16s, and many people were saying WW3 was gonna occur then. Give it a week or so, this will all die down.

Yeah lets celebrate that other people have to suffer everything is all right? Reading your post shows me that its not the Russians or Chinese the world has to worry about

And you also ignore the fact that Russia bombs the crap out of ISIS and FSA who are armed with your weapons failing daily. 

tiffac said:
Johnw1104 said:
Might want to elaborate a little, actually... A Cold War between who?

Seems like a fairly active war against ISIS for the most part, with a smattering of proxy wars across the globe.

But isn't that exactly how the Cold War works proxy wars across the world. This time Russia has a strong China on its side vs a weak US and its so-called allies.

I was pretty sure everyone was against ISIS. Meh... im not keeping informed i suppose.