By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - M. Pachter: 'Nintendo's new console needs GTA, Call of Duty and FIFA to avoid Wii U disaster'

SpokenTruth said:

They aren't paid six figures nor have their own columns, video shows, etc...

Likely because they never tried to.

Around the Network

Even if it has all of them it still doesn't guarantee anything since they're available on the other 2 well established consoles.

So, the Wii U with the GamePad just sucked. It made your arms tired, it had a crappy battery life, it didn’t add a lot to the gameplay, and the best games don’t even use the GamePad."

I have no clue what he's talking about here... 

-My arms never got tired, even after 8+ straight hours of use.

-Do you really need battery that lasts more than two or three hours? What he's basically saying is something along the lines of "I can't play games for 5+ straight hours on the Wii U. And if most of the games don't utilize the GamePad like he said, then he can easily use the Pro Controller.

-Things that the GamePad adds to Gameplay is: Instant map/item access, two view-points at once (which could make split-screen better), a touch screen, off-screen play, etc. The problem isn't that it doesn't add a lot to gameplay, it's just that no one has utilized the features that can add to the gameplay.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

They had a CoD, it's just Wii U owners don't seem to be looking for those types of games. The Nintendo core base can tend to be kind of narrow. They'll get those types of games if the userbase is willing to buy, really.

Even if they do get them when the console launch, they won't keep them for long. For obvious reasons

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JEMC said:

We don't know the "concept" behind NX, we don't know if it's a traditional home console or something different. Because of that, making statements like that now is pointless and useless.

Off-Topic: Have you noticed that this year has been mostly Mr. "Always Wrong" free until a month ago where he talked about NX, and since then we have had several threads about him talking about Nintendo and NX?

I'm sure he has realized that he only gets visibility when he talks about Nintendo, and he won't stop doing that for months .

Pachter's clients are major third parties and his job includes swaying opinions in a direction that favors his clients. The Wii U has been a non-factor for a while, so there was no reason to say any more about it. But since it's obvious that Nintendo is gearing up for the next generation that will give them a blank slate, they are becoming a potential threat again.

For a Pachter analysis, it doesn't matter how many units Nintendo sells. The question is whether or not Nintendo interferes with the direction third parties want to go. The Wii was a huge success, but Pachter's mantra was always that it's all bad and needs to go as soon as possible and be replaced with something that can handle ports of third party software.

It needs to be said that Pachter isn't speaking for his clients in the sense that they would love to make games for a Nintendo console, but rather that Nintendo should make a console that is doomed to fail, so that his clients don't have to bother with it (for long). Of course, Nintendo's reputation could change if they started to throw money at third parties like Sony and Microsoft do, but everyone knows that that isn't going to happen. So the best course of action is to set up Nintendo for failure.

A conspiracy theory, Rol? Really?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

RolStoppable said:
JEMC said:

A conspiracy theory, Rol? Really?

Yes, really. There's a reason why analysts in general haven't said much about anything in the recent past. Third parties are satisfied with how things have been going.

It's true that we haven't heard much about any analysts in the last months, except to talk about VR, but I'm not sure if it's because they haven't said anything or because we haven't payed attention to whatever they've said.

And let's be honest, Pachter is an attention wh*re, and Nintendo is his best way to get the attention he is always looking for.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.