By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC exclusive XCOM 2 screens

Screens from PC exclusive XCOM 2 surfaced a few days ago showing off some views of the wilderness:

Some of the shots even give off a slight Fallout vibe to them imo, I'm wondering just how varied the maps will be with them still being procedualy generated.

Also some shots of some new enmies including the "faceless" and th Big Daddy type enemy named "Andromedon".

Personally this is my anticipated title for the start of next year, especially since Deus Ex has been pushed back to summer now which means I'm free to spend some weeks to months with XCOM 2.

Sources from PCGamer:

http://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-2s-wilderness-areas-look-nice-and-varied/

http://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-2s-andromedon-is-huge-powerful-and-oddly-familiar/

http://www.pcgamer.com/more-info-on-xcom-2s-freaky-new-enemies-the-faceless/

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

It looks amazing. And I'm with you, I hope that there are more scenarios than in the last one.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ohh, I so want this for PS4. :/

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Firaxis has released more pics!

http://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-2-screenshots-show-rain-and-snow-in-peaceful-suburbs/

Here's a few of them

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Oh damn that's some nice looking weather from those shots. Really loving the rain and snow scenes in particular, makes me wonder how your LoS will be heavily affected by incoming snowstorms or heavy rain.

Also I'm wondering how long it's going to take VGC to bother posting an article of these shots since PCG and other sites already had the first batch out last week and PCG just released a 2nd batch. If they are going to post PC sales then they should also be posting PC related news.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network

Oh, don't be so susceptible. The number of news that get posted on VGC is rather small, and the ones about screenshots are almost none.

I also would like to see this kind of news posted more often, but that's how things are.

JEMC said:
Oh, don't be so susceptible. The number of news that get posted on VGC is rather small, and the ones about screenshots are almost none.

I also would like to see this kind of news posted more often, but that's how things are.

I know but one does hope for change =P

That looks nice! Good to see that the environments are a bit more varied than in the first one as well.

OdinHades said:
Ohh, I so want this for PS4. :/

Same.

BasilZero said:
Looks pretty well - were the specs released already?

Afaik they haven't released the specs yet but I'd imagine it being suited for min being 6-700 series and reco being mid 700-970 series. Probably an i5 requirement and possibly an i7 thrown in for reco but i5's will do just dandy and 8gb ram being the general.