By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation 3: An Under Rated System

"If ps3 will sell less then 5 mln, by the end of this year, then yeah, ps3 is not doing good"

so if the wii sells 11 milly by the end of the year. would you consider it a bad year for nintendo? imo its gonna be nintendo atleast doubling up on sony till ff13/MGS4 comes out.. but then the wii numbers will be like around 15 mill while ps3 is hovering around the 5.5-7.0 mark, with a steady increase in sales.

btw imo sony will probably be right at the 5.5 mark by the end-of-year. average ppl cant afford that shi and nintendo at anywhere 10-13 by end of year..nintendo expecting a huge christmas

oh ya and x box at 12-14 milly

EDIT

"This didn't make sense the first time you posted it. Repeating nonsense doesn't make it more sensible."

thank you

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
weezy said:
"Just make ps3 price 299$ and it will be selling better then Wii."

but then no one would be playing ps3 cause sony would be bankrupt.

Sony is a lot more than a gaming developper...

CrazzyMan said:

1) The PS3, which has been available for six months in USA and Japan, and only two months in Europe, has sold the same amount that the PS2 did available in six months in Japan. - FAKE.
2,5 Mln ps2 in Japan, and 3,3 Mln ps3 for six months in USA and Japan, and only two months in Europe.

2) but the PS3 is selling at a lower rate than the xox did at the same point in it's lifecycle. - FAKE.

NEWS FLASH! of course the price is the problem. And it will be a problem for the entire generation. It will never cease being a problem, and Sony will never cease to have disappointing sales. - FAKE
Expensive hardware is getting cheaper by more $ then cheap hardware.
I mean, if today 42" 1080p TV costs 1000$, and 42" 720p costs only 500$, then after 2-3 years: 42" 1080p will cost 500$, and 42" 720p will cost only 300$. 200$ for MUCH better quality won`t be a problem.

p.s. ofcourse you won`t you DON`T HAVE FACTS, which would prove that you are right and i am wrong.

FishyJoe said:

I don't even understand what you are trying to prove, you make no sense.

Sony wins the award for best selling $600 console. You know what that wins? NOTHING

So what is you problem??? LOL.

OK, now you're resorting to downright lying. Let's look at your FAKE each in succession.

1) The PS3, which has been available for six months in USA and Japan, and only two months in Europe, has sold the same amount that the PS2 did available in six months in Japan. - FAKE.
2,5 Mln ps2 in Japan, and 3,3 Mln ps3 for six months in USA and Japan, and only two months in Europe.

I don't know where you pulled your numbers from. The PS3 is in week 29 since launch. Ths chart shows the PS2 since launch:
http://vgchartz.com/japweekly.php?date=36786

2934,741 (-34%) 3,136,806

3.3 million vs 3.1 million. Very little difference. This also doesn't include a holiday season which the PS3 had. FACT: PS3 is selling like crap compared to the PS2

2) but the PS3 is selling at a lower rate than the xox did at the same point in it's lifecycle. - FAKE.
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=XB&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&align=1

funny, I said "Rate". ie, weekly sales. I actually meant the Xbox360, but all you had to do was check the "weekly sales" checkbox to see for yourself. Since you're probably unable to do that, I've done it for you:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=XB&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&align=1&weekly=1
oh, which line is down the bottom there? That would be the PS3! Note that these graphs don't include last gen console Europe sales, so this looks even more embarrasing for the PS3. FACT: the PS3 is currently selling at a lower weekly rate than any previous or current gen console (except the Dreamcast)

3) NEWS FLASH! of course the price is the problem. And it will be a problem for the entire generation. It will never cease being a problem, and Sony will never cease to have disappointing sales. - FAKE
Expensive hardware is getting cheaper by more $ then cheap hardware.

I mean, if today 42" 1080p TV costs 1000$, and 42" 720p costs only 500$, then after 2-3 years: 42" 1080p will cost 500$, and 42" 720p will cost only 300$. 200$ for MUCH better quality won`t be a problem.

Well, of course, since this is pure speculation from both of us, I can't say you're lying here. However, I will say I disagree. By the time the PS3 is $300, The Wii will be about $150, and it will still look like a much better proposition, especially since t has many more games, as developers will follow the console that sells the most games. Of course, this is speculation as well, so I can't back this up with fact, except, look at sales history.

FACT: PS3 will always be the most expensive of the three consoles.

4) p.s. ofcourse you won`t you DON`T HAVE FACTS, which would prove that you are right and i am wrong.

I just did.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

FishyJoe said:
This didn't make sense the first time you posted it. Repeating nonsense doesn't make it more sensible.

That`s because you are xBOT. It`s too hard for you to understand. =]

3.3 million vs 3.1 million. Very little difference.
still a difference, so you LIED.
Because since LAUNCH ps3 sold MORE after 6 month, then PS2 since it`s launch. - FACT.

PS3 is selling like crap compared to the PS2.
FAKE again, no one cares, that ps2 was selling 6 month only in japan.
Only worldwide sales matters + high sales in each region.

the PS3 is currently selling at a lower weekly rate than any previous or current gen console (except the Dreamcast)
LOL. Who cares about weekly sales. You can sell a console in first month with 1 mln, ant another 3 month have sales like 100k, or in first month sell over 400k, and another 3 month like 300k.
ONLY COMUTATIVE SALES MATTERS, NOT WEEKLY.

By the time the PS3 is $300, The Wii will be about $150, and it will still look like a much better proposition,
Who said that, YOU? it`s just your opionion, Not a fact.

especially since t has many more games, as developers will follow the console that sells the most games.
trashmakers - definately, but Hardcore games like Silent Hill 5/RE5 won`t come to Wii.

PS3 will always be the most expensive of the three consoles.
Do you have a FACTS ? NO.

I just did.
your opinion - is not a FACT.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

"your opinion - is not a FACT."

niether is yours craazyman aka sharkboy

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
weezy said:
"your opinion - is not a FACT."

niether is yours craazyman aka sharkboy

I state ONLY FACTS or what i know for sure.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

If you cherry pick facts, you can prove the earth is flat or the sun revolves around the earth.

CrazzyMan said:
FishyJoe said:
This didn't make sense the first time you posted it. Repeating nonsense doesn't make it more sensible.

That`s because you are xBOT. It`s too hard for you to understand. =]

3.3 million vs 3.1 million. Very little difference.
still a difference, so you LIED.
Because since LAUNCH ps3 sold MORE after 6 month, then PS2 since it`s launch. - FACT.

the PS3 is currently selling at a lower weekly rate than any previous or current gen console (except the Dreamcast)
LOL. Who cares about weekly sales. You can sell a console in first month with 1 mln, ant another 3 month have sales like 100k, or in first month sell over 400k, and another 3 month like 300k.

By the time the PS3 is $300, The Wii will be about $150, and it will still look like a much better proposition,

especially since t has many more games, as developers will follow the console that sells the most games.
trashmakers - definately, but Hardcore games like Silent Hill 5/RE5 won`t come to Wii.

I just did.

Stop grasping at straws. I based my Japan PS2 vs worldwide PS3 on the chart which showed them to be about the same, but lacked actual solid numbers. I went and found the numbers to back up my claim. The difference was 200k. Your 2.5 million number was pulled from nowhere. Yet you call me a liar? I never said that the PS2 outsold the PS3 in Japan, only that they were about the same. I would say within 10% is about the same.

By "No one cares" you mean "you don't care" right? because, people DO care. saying you don't care doesn't make what I say untrue. You are correct, only worldwide sales matter. And what console has the least sales right now? Oh, that would be the PS3. Funny how you say "only worldwide and each region matters", you managed to contradict yourself in a sentence that has less than 10 words.

Once again "I don't care" doesn't make me wrong. The truth is weekly sales are incredibly important, because that shows the momentum your console has. Consoles that consistently sell low during the year will continue to sell low during the holidays and will sell low for the rest of their lifetime. Weekly salesduring launch weeks are high, but after that they fall into a pattern. And the PS3 fell more than the rest.

But of course, let's say weekly sales don't matter, only cumulative worldwide sales matter. So let's look at those then:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php

looks like the PS3 is losing again ;) 

I never said it was a fact. In fact I clearly stated I was speculating. You have provided no facts, yet you often state that you provide nothing but facts. Nothing you have said in this post is a fact (except that which you have quoted from me)

where are the FACTS? ;) we'll see where the hardcore games go in the future. However, I don't think that games such as silent hill will save the PS3. Note this is an opinion, not a fact.

I never claimed it was a fact. Of course, just because the Sun rises every day is no proof that the Sun will rise tomorrow. I will be putting my money on the Sun rising tomorrow, if you want to bet. You are crazy if you think that the PS3 will drop below the cost of the 360 or the Wii. (I suppose there's a reason why you call yourself "CrazzyMan". 

I just did.

some was opinion, some was fact. I clearly stated that. I clearly separated what I said was opinion with what I said was fact. Unlike you, who has been stating nothing but opinion and then laughably saying "I state ONLY FACTS or what i know for sure." 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

This thread wins for largest waste of time on the internet for the month of June, 2007.

Congrats guys!

Oh, by the way, the numbers say the PS3 is selling terribly. How is that really arguable again?

That in no way means that the PS3 is a terrible system, it's probably quite a good gaming system, with a lot less hardware issues than the Xbox has had so far. But to say it's underrated? I don't think anyone's really claiming it's not the most powerful, though a lot of people base those decisions on what's available now. And they probably should, gaming systems are judged by games. Underrated systems are ones that have fallen by the wayside somewhere durning the past, for the most part. So I wouldn't call it underrated until the generation is over. For all you know, the system could come back and duel it out for second place in the market. The games made purely for the PS3 coming up this holiday and 08 will prove wether or not it will put up a fight or lose it.

So, until the generation moves past us, and we see what's produced for the system, it's hard to say it's underrated. 

Reminds me of the people who think the moon landing is faked. They will cherry pick their facts and ignore everything else. It's impossible to argue with them because they refuse to acknowledge all the evidence.