By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you rather Starfox dropped the 2nd screen for better graphics?

Tagged games:

?

Yes, drop it 193 66.55%

No, keep it 97 33.45%

Total:290

I would rather they add online multiplayer. Since it won't have it, I am not really interested in the game.

Around the Network
Kennel83 said:
Nintendo has almost always been behind in visuals 

They had some of the best looking games on the planet back in the 4th, 5th, and 6th gens.

I dont think people realise that gamepad is main reason why Miyamoto wanted to make Star Fox game for Wii U, without gamepad we probably wouldn't had Star Fox for Wii U at all.

Absolutely!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

curl-6 said:
Kennel83 said:

They had some of the best looking games on the planet back in the 4th, 5th, and 6th gens.

Wii U also have great visuals despite its very weaker than Xbox One/PS4.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Kennel83 said:

Yes I know, that's why I said "almost always" :P

They are great when it comes to artstyle, their games may be in inferior hardware but they certainly don't look bad, just imagine if they worked as hard with the graphics, I'm sure people would be more open to buy their hardware. If they see that a big part of the market demands graphics over anything, they could work on that, their games would still be great when it comes to gameplay, artstyle and they would still be fun to play, but they would be great in all aspects, maybe they would make it harder to top that quality.

We've seen what they are capable of, just a few years back with Super Mario Galaxy. Now imagine that same game with great graphics. If that game was already impressive on the wii imagine on an NX with specs equal or slightly better than the ps4.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Nintendo but I see games from the competition and I wish they looked as good. I would love to see a Legend of Zelda with impressive graphics, as the ones in Star wars battlefront, that with their artstyle would be the game of forever for me.

And some could say "then buy a ps4 and stop complaining" but my problem is that I like close to none games on that platform. I've tried some and yeah they look great, but I had zero fun. I just like Nintendo games and wish they had better hardware as the competition has.

Miyamotoo said:

Wii U also have great visuals despite its very weaker than Xbox One/PS4.

This I agree with; games like Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Trine 2 Director's Cut, and Yoshi's Woolly World look beautiful on Wii U. The console may not be a technical powerhouse, but it's fully capable of producing visually pleasing games.

Kennel83 said:

Yes I know, that's why I said "almost always" :P

They are great when it comes to artstyle, their games may be in inferior hardware but they certainly don't look bad, just imagine if they worked as hard with the graphics, I'm sure people would be more open to buy their hardware. If they see that a big part of the market demands graphics over anything, they could work on that, their games would still be great when it comes to gameplay, artstyle and they would still be fun to play, but they would be great in all aspects, maybe they would make it harder to top that quality.

We've seen what they are capable of, just a few years back with Super Mario Galaxy. Now imagine that same game with great graphics. If that game was already impressive on the wii imagine on an NX with specs equal or slightly better than the ps4.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Nintendo but I see games from the competition and I wish they looked as good. I would love to see a Legend of Zelda with impressive graphics, as the ones in Star wars battlefront, that with their artstyle would be the game of forever for me.

And some could say "then buy a ps4 and stop complaining" but my problem is that I like close to none games on that platform. I've tried some and yeah they look great, but I had zero fun. I just like Nintendo games and wish they had better hardware as the competition has.

I agree with you as far as Nintendo needs to recognize that graphics are very important to mainstream gamers these days. Most of their first party titles this gen don't even push Wii U's modest hardware all that hard.

Still, I'm gonna be pedantic and take issue with "almost always". They've been in the hardware business for 30 years, and only gave up the graphics arms race in the last 9.

Absolutely. The gamepad is not needed to play the game, it's just a gimmick and the only reason Nintendo is utilizing the 2nd screen is because its there and they need to justify its existence.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

curl-6 said:

I agree with you as far as Nintendo needs to recognize that graphics are very important to mainstream gamers these days. Most of their first party titles this gen don't even push Wii U's modest hardware all that hard.

Still, I'm gonna be pedantic and take issue with "almost always". They've been in the hardware business for 30 years, and only gave up the graphics arms race in the last 9.

And you are so right in that, but this last 8 or so years the market has been changing into what some would call the "graphic whores", and they may not be the vast majority but they are a lot. People that play Cod and Assassins Creed every year need that bump in quality to justify the purchase. Nintendo is going to make excellent games, the wii u has plenty of gems in its library, but maybe if they push it further graphics-wise they could sell more.

I might be one of those GW, though instead of call of duty I would kill for an AC on wii u, yeah, animal crossing with mario kart 8 graphics xD

Sorry to change the discussion a little bit, back to Starfox, if the gamepad is really limiting the graphics they should have dumped it, people wasn't happy when they showed it, oh well, people is never happy so... haha.

I'm buying it anyway, I trust Nintendo will improve it a lot and I'm sure the game is going to be great and fun to play whether the graphics are better or not, also platinum is involved so... must buy.