By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you rather Starfox dropped the 2nd screen for better graphics?

Tagged games:

?

Yes, drop it 193 66.55%

No, keep it 97 33.45%

Total:290

Haven't initial impressions of the cockpit finer aiming controls been good?

Definitely a no. The whole point of the Wii U was novel gameplay with split screens.

Around the Network

I have no friend who play video game so yes i would drop this  ^^ but for sell more i think its a bad idea, or its both for single player ? if so i would drop this.

The game intrigues me so much, i worry i wont get the controls down though.

Signalstar said:
No. Graphics always become dated. 

That's the most nihilistic thing I've heard all day. :P Video games are mostly a visual medium, so if it looks pretty, it looks pretty. There's always room for good graphics and new original gameplay.

Now back to the topic. I vote yes even though the engines Platinum use have never pushed the graphical envelope. It was likely Nintendo's decision to use the second screen the way the game is currently using it, but it would have had more room for better visuals if the second screen was used to display the ships hub, or maybe displayed the crew and the player can click on them to give orders and such.  

.- -... -.-. -..

I'd drop the gamepad altogether, replace it with Wii controls and save this double screen layout for when humans can focus in a near object and a far object at the same time. It would make split screen co-op possible as well.

Around the Network

Yes, I'd like them to do so because some of the animations are really bad right now and honestly I don't see them getting much better if they don't drop the 2nd screen

I'd like to give it a go with the gamepad. WIth that said, I'd like a much prettier star fox.

No, I'm happy to see that the game is going to use the gamepad for something interesting instead of just to show maps and menus.

Yes, drop the 2nd screen. Waste of resources & gimmicky, would rather starfox looked alot better instead.

I would like it dropped not just because of the graphics, but more for the reason that i cant see the " two screen gameplay" idea working.I dont know how im going to pilot it using the tv, then trying to shoot at the same time looking at the gamepad.I can change my mind when the game eventually releases, but im skeptical about it working really well.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1