By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hardware Global 14th November 2015

Roronaa_chan said:

Lol. Ps4 sold 110 with COD bundle and 160 without any new bundle..makes sense.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to see for myself.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Roronaa_chan said:

I understand the skepticism! And I think that I might agree with you guys!

However, in the west we're in a holiday  period, and week over week sales rise up progressively!:P

Also in Japan, Wii u had sold way higher in the second week of splatoon!:P

In addition, call of duty may not have any effect ( like price drop in October), selling what would anywise sell and the sales just being raised due to the holiday period...

tak13 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Roronaa_chan said:

I understand the skepticism! And I think that I might agree with you guys!

However, in the west we're in a holiday  period, and week over week sales rise up progressively!:P

Also in Japan, Wii u had sold way higher in the second week of splatoon!:P

In addition, call of duty may not have any effect ( like price drop in October), selling what would anywise sell and the sales just being raised due to the holiday period...

So why is X1 flatter than a pettanko across 3 weeks in a row?

Carl2291 said:
Hey Machina, if youre reading this Id just like to once again thank you for taking over the numbers.

Who would have thought even a Month back, that we would be up to date on the charts before the year was done? Before the Black Friday bombs hit?

Really happy.

Here here.  We need a celebration thread when he's officially caught up! 

Nautilus said:
OneKartVita said:

How much did they adjust it down?  And yeah 3DS / wii u need to be adjusted down and ps4 adjusted up.

Not sure about the 3DS, but the Wii U is basically on spot.Nintendo announced in the quarter report that it had(shipped or sold, i dont think they specified either way) 10.7 Million Wii U out in the wild, and that was 3 or 4 weeks ago.Even if the number is shipped, vgchartz is roughtly right.Its a prediction after all.

Yup. The 10.7 million number from the Nintendo report was as of Sept 30.  We already know that reatailers are resistant to holding a large stock of it becuase of its track record.  As of the end of Sept VGC had it at about 10.53mil. I think 200K in the retail channel is perfectly reasonalble and possibly even a little high for that time of year.  I think if someone wants to challenge the figure they're going to need to make a compelling case with a lot of hard data. Of all the consoles I thnink VGC is doing the best job tracking the Wii U.  Nice work guys.

niallyb

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
tak13 said:

XBOX ONE 286K PS4 270K (BOTH ROUNDED) :p

Where are you getting last weeks numbers from? Every time I try to use the Tools it crashes my laptop for some reason. It never used to do that.

There is something *SERIOUSLY* wrong with the java app that runs the "Hardware by date" graph. Its unresponsive in all major browsers with multiple different configurations with respect to java runtime settings.   Its also unrespnsive on my phone and all my tablets.

It was a feature I dearly loved so I miss it. But I'm happy to wait for them to get around to fixing it.  The guys here already do enough for us.

niallyb

Kresnik said:
OneKartVita said:

They're roughly right for the 3DS to given its sold a lot more. If we have shipments we should make adjustments.  

@Dr vita,  are vita TV numbers included on this site? 

It's prior to these numbers that 3DS is overtracked.  54.34m shipped as of 30/09/15, 54.49m sold through as of 26/09/15 on VGC.  Overtracked by 150k + whatever you think it's reasonable for 3DS to have on shelves + the numbers for the extra 4 days in September, so a fair bit overtracked.

WiiU is 10.73m shipped and 10.49m sold through on the numbers here, so closer to being correct, maybe slightly overtracked depending on how much you think are on shelves.

VitaTV numbers are tracked alongside Vita numbers on this site, yes.

It's not that hard to count it approximately... It seems to be overtracked by 1m-1.2m

The stock in Japan as of September was at 500k ( deduced from comparison between Nintendo shipments data and Media create's sales data), Japan is the best selling territory of 3DS with 19m and 20k+ weekly selling, NA is at 17m+ with 20k+ weekly selling, so the stock may be close to Japan's viz 400k, 3DS Europe LTD according to vgc is at 14m, we can assume a stock  fairly less than NA'S, to wit 300k!
Lastly vgc puts 3ds at 2m+ in the row probably the stock is less than 100k! 500k+400k+300k+90k=1.29m at most, 3ds units on the shelves!

The surplus is proven that comes from 2014, obviously from row numbers, since vgc has 3ds to had already sold more than eventually gba did in the row, which given the odds ( 3ds being fairly below gba in NA and same in Europe but in a way smaller extend than in NA) it's  irrational!

As for wii u I discussed about it with someone  last night her , so I'm quoting what I wrote yesterday:
Going by Nintendos numbers the Wii U looks over tracked on here. So everyone should adjust their numbers down

What...? The way you say that, makes it to arbitary...
No, it's not, if you have some elementary knowledge sales-wise...

VG has wii u at 10.53m as of 3rd of October 3rd and it's shipments are at 10.73m as of 30th of September! Vgc's tracking of wii u is close to perfect!
Meaning, 200k+ on the shelves, it's pretty reasonable given its selling rate.   

Would you expect many wii u on the shelves or stores wanting many wii u units on their shelves? Some stores doesn't even have it, or stop ordering it and it's not being sold in many rest of world countries...

As of 30th of September, Wii u stock in Japan was at 60k (deduced by comparison of shipments from Nintendo's data and sales from Media create data) with wii u LTD at 2.5m and a 10k+ weekly selling, it had the same LTD in Europe with same weekly selling, so we can easily assume, that the stock size in Europe is the same with Japan's.
LTD in the NA/USA is at 4m+, consequently the stock  may be double of what Japan has... 120k+! VGC puts ROW numbers at 600k ( a number that wii u has reached in one country, FRANCE), I suppose to have a very low stock of 5k-10k there! 60k+60k+120k+5k= 245k-260K on the shelveS!

P.s When we talk about something being overtracked/undertracked , we have to base it somewhere, saying plain that wii u is officially confimed ( by who?) to be overtracked, is an arbitary comment!  Make a research before or just rationalize it, don't say things at random! edit: That doesn't address to you Krezzie! :P

Oh Psv was adjusted down by 230k! Essentially, ioi has removed 230k units, all of it from Europe's sales ! So the huge adjustment by 1.3m (of which the 1m went in Europe) back in april falls to 1.070m!

Apparently, the adjustment down occurred because vgc made Europe to replace Japan as psv best selling territory! When in Japan it has game support and benefits from handheld console market dominace but in Europe the absolute zero... I had pointed out these, perhaps ioi read it, realized how right this is and proceed to the adjustment down!

However, the issue persists!

There is the known interview in which it's being said that psp is at 82m(rounded)! In addition, we are informed about psv shipments estimated to be at 9.76m as of December 2014 ( from a reliable major sales researcher of Japan, vgc had psv sales at 9.6m then ) by arithmetic operations based on some official shipments data from sony about psv/psp (92.5m psp+psv as of March 31th of 2015) led us to the conclusion of 82.3m psp!
The findings have an aftereffect the proof of the 82m figure in the interview! Also these clues subtantiate each other , hence they are not leaving much room for doubting !
Provided that, I extrapolated that shipments of psv being at 10.2m as of March 2015!
The overtracking is huge only due to the misguided immense adjustment up back in april (+1.3m) which put psv sales at 11.5m from 10.3m, when vgc was tracking overly good psv previously! Ioi has  just removed the 230k of that! Ergo 1m at least remains to come out of the total!

This adjustment-up still inflates psv sales in Europe, ergo sales in europe might end up again above Japan sales here.

tak13 said:

P.s When we talk about something being overtracked/undertracked , we have to base it somewhere, saying plain that wii u is officially confimed ( by who?) to be overtracked, is an arbitary comment!  Make a research before or just rationalize it, don't say things at random! That's not for you Krezzie! :P

What on earth are you on about?  I posted WiiU shipment numbers from Nintendo and VGC sellthrough numbers from this website.  Not once in that post you quoted did I say "Wii U is officially overtracked".  Look at it again.

Kresnik said:

WiiU is 10.73m shipped and 10.49m sold through on the numbers here, so closer to being correct, maybe slightly overtracked depending on how much you think are on shelves.

You're great with analysis and I don't disagree with what you put, but try reading my posts a little better before launching into put-down mode.

Hooo boy. PS4 continues to trounce it's rivals. Another impressive drubbing.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."